• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
The Striker from RE4, especially when fully upgraded..one shot can clear out a room.

BA905C7495AF11F9CD016F8DEEA5BDD55D4D1262

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I did switch to that gun when it came out and a day of doing the Phantom assignments, but it being all kit meant limitations. Still it was a pretty good revolver and it got the tail end of my longest killstreak.

I'm still pissed DICE locked it behind those stupid Easter eggs. I have an unhealthy love for the Colt Single-Action Army and was practically slobbering when it was first discovered. That they went and gated it behind deciphering fucking Morse code messages just left me speechless.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I literally saw the thread and opened it getting ready to gush about the Red9. Good job OP.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
The pistol in Halo 1 hands down. I'll never forget killing my friend with the pistol at sniper range while he tried to snipe me. Overpowered pos :D

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I'm still pissed DICE locked it behind those stupid Easter eggs. I have an unhealthy love for the Colt Single-Action Army and was practically slobbering when it was first discovered. That they went and gated it behind deciphering fucking Morse code messages just left me speechless.

I sat around waiting for someone decipher it on the EE Discord while a bunch of other people spam it at the same time. It is upsetting that they keep putting stuff behind lengthy Easter eggs instead of actual assignments or veteran players.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
p5uGffW.gif

Water pistol MGSV

pw.jpg

Peace Walker Banana

Any Deagle, Spas-12 in MW2, MP412-REX from Battlefield

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Word from Destiny (and it's coming back in Destiny 2 in two weeks!). It's a fan fire hand cannon and it has a slick spinning animation when you reload it. Amazing gun in PVP and it's just super fun and stylish to use.

1430841810913035814.png

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 2 Smart Pistol is radical, especially combined with the mobility of the game. Feels like you're in a gunkata action movie:

This the first thing that came to mind. Was super satisfying.

I also loved the instagib rifle in UT with low gravity. Picking off people floating was oooof so good.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
latest

I'm with you here, man. I loved using pistols in the Mass Effect games, especially the first game. I can't remember what the one I liked was called though, so I'm going to have to do some digging.
I didn't too much care for the first game's pistols (or gunplay for that matter) but the Carnifex, ME2's Phalanx, ME3's Talon and Scorpion and the Hurricane (especially in ME:A) were all fantastic.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Hawkmoon fan but anyone not posting one of the Destiny holy trinity is objectively wrong, sorry! :-)

Hawkmoon, Thorn and The Last Word were an amazing trio, all great in their own ways and yet also very different.

They're even called "Hand Cannons" in the game!

Honourable mention to Fatebringer, for being the best workhorse gun ever created...

Oct 27, 2017
London
latest

Red Dead Redemption 2 Semi Auto Pistol. It's a Luger precursor and has that nice toggle lock action. Looks unique and shoots very quickly and accurately. Very fast reload too.

Oct 25, 2017
Barry's samurai Edge - Resident Evil REmake
Actually Started my love of burst pistols in games
latest

Socom - Metal Gear Solid
Just my favorite handgun of all time after MGS1, was so futuristic looking. High power but also high accuracy .

Raffica - Modern Warfare 2
Still my favorite pistol of the COD franchise
latest

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
DD44_Dostovei.png

Not much to say, it just a really satisfying kick to it.

Edit: DD44 Dostovei from Goldeneye

I love the kick to the Dostovei - and I've certainly played with more exciting videogame firearms since the one I'm going to list - but I don't think I spent more time with a pistol in my gaming life than the Silenced PP7:

It has a sound effect which my lizard brain associates with stealth gameplay even to this day. Plus it was on the game cart, so it made you feel like 007 that little bit more.

s-l300.jpg

Dec 2, 2017
Nobody puts more love and detail into sounds & animations on their handguns than Bungie did with Destiny. Like they all have deep interwoven backstories & stuff that evolve over the course of the games.

Last Word vs. Thorn...heck, the entire plot of Forsaken is getting your friend's super badass handgun, the Ace of Spades back from the guy who killed him and getting revenge with it.

1532425818_ezgif-2-36nvkxw.gif