• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 6, 2017
Erk - the puzzles in the
loft
are incredibly annoying. I know how to solve them, but the icons are pretty much indecipherable in places.
The only puzzle I felt that was was the second one, couldn't work out which of the pictures was which for the
environmentalist ex
the rest all seemed pretty logical if you had looked at the evidence closely.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished it
really liked it but it did not touch me on an emotional level like LiS 1, 2 or BtS did. Maybe because it's a lot shorter.

I liked finding out Mary-Ann's past. That was very well done.
Well it was abvious that Tom was the Dad but I thought there was more to it. I thought he would also have some powers and manipulates the Twins but nope. The "twist" about what really happened was kind of cool.
I liked that there was a happy ending after all.
And that they chose today as the release date with that message at the end was super cool.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Just installed Chapter 3. Tell Me Why is easily one of my top games this year. Will be sad to see it end.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Just finished it
really liked it but it did not touch me on an emotional level like LiS 1, 2 or BtS did. Maybe because it's a lot shorter.

I liked finding out Mary-Ann's past. That was very well done.
Well it was abvious that Tom was the Dad but I thought there was more to it. I thought he would also have some powers and manipulates the Twins but nope. The "twist" about what really happened was kind of cool.
I liked that there was a happy ending after all.
And that they chose today as the release date with that message at the end was super cool.

I think that all the story about Mary-Ann is pretty sad and made me feel about the character. It was really an unfortunate life, perhaps too much. I hoped until the end that there would be a redemption of sort, but don't. It's just a little flaw about the game but, while I know that this kind of things can happen, having her going totally crazy in the end would have deserved a deeper look inside her mental health. Feels too much like a plot device. I hope they do a prequel on her life honestly.

And about the last part

I think the loft part and the puzzle were well done. I wish there were more of them like that in the game, even if wouldn't made too much sense. And when you enter I had this kind of feeling like the final scene of Hereditary, maybe because it's the same "ascend to some place to find the truth" concept.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I've just finished it too.

I missed one of the collectibles and I feel like I may have missed out on a scene in the loft.

Anyone manage to get them all?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
FInished it.
The ending was touching for me.

i really like that
episode 3 is more focused on Alyson

what i've got in my ending:

I choose the "Mary Ann tried to kill tyler" memory.
For me it's not probably the case,but i don't know how Alyson could survive a "i've killed my mother for nothing" fact.
So it was better for her.
She stays alone in the house.
Tyler is in Juneau
Michael friendzoned (yeah sorry ,i am probably in the minority here ah ah)

i didn't have any problems with the
riddles

but two collectibles were missing.
Arg.

I really liked the game overall and for me it was not really like a Life is Strange game.The storytelling,the atmosphere is totally different.
And that's cool.Another great Dontnod game for me.
Next step : Twin Mirror.And it will be totally different.

And Erica Lindbeck is a very good voice actress,isn't she?

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really loved this game! It's very different from LiS, but I think that's a good thing.
I choose the "Mary Ann tried to kill tyler" memory.
For me it's not probably the case,but i don't know how Alyson could survive a "i've killed my mother for nothing" fact.
So it was better for her.
She stays alone in the house.
Tyler is in Juneau
Michael friendzoned (yeah sorry ,i am probably in the minority here ah ah)
I chose the other one and they stayed together. What were the choices that you think made the twins be separated?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I really loved this game! It's very different from LiS, but I think that's a good thing.

I chose the other one and they stayed together. What were the choices that you think made the twins be separated?

I don't know,and i just watched the eurogamer playthrough and the ending was also different

you play Tyler in the last part and he's leaving the house

totally the opposite of my ending

i played Alyson in the last part,and she stays in the house

that's...interesting.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know,and i just watched the eurogamer playthrough and the ending was also different

you play Tyler in the last part and he's leaving the house

totally the opposite of my ending

i played Alyson in the last part,and she stays in the house

that's...interesting.
Yeah, I left the house with Tyler, kept the Voice, and romanced Michael. I imagine there are a few instances that contribute to what kind of ending you get.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished, while maybe not as good as the original Life is Strange, due to being shorter and smaller in scope I still greatly enjoyed it.

Final episode plot thoughts:
Was happy that my prediction of Tom being the father was correct and not the random hunter guy that was encountered, that would have been a left field twist to the game's detriment. Tom really was the appropriate amount of sleaze and slime you would expect for someone with his story.

Also Mary-Anne's story was plenty depressing. Between the controlling parents sabotaging her life, losing a child to I presume SIDS, and likely mental illness ending of her story was all the more tragic.

For the ending I chose to believe Tom, as sleazy as he was, twins memory had way too many holes to trust. Plus I want to believe Mary-Anne's actions, even when she obviously wasn't her most rational, didn't paint her as someone who would bring herself in any circumstance to a murder/suicide with her children.

Got an optimistic ending where Tyler left the house and moved in with Alyson & Michael, Sam got help, and Tom lost the mayoral race with Tessa leaving him. Alyson was also getting the therapy she needed to fully start healing.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This should have been a 2 part game with no half-cooked esp and don´t get me started on the usual binary ending where only the "good" ending feels thought through.
I give TmW a 6,5/10 overall. The 2 man actors were the highlight. I liked it more than LiS 2, I think, but both began much better than they ended.
The studio´s one truly good game to this day remains LiS 1. Not that they are good with game design. Let´s see if Twin Mirror actually drops this year.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
The only puzzle I felt that was was the second one, couldn't work out which of the pictures was which for the
environmentalist ex
the rest all seemed pretty logical if you had looked at the evidence closely.

They were logical. I know what the answers were, but the icons/logos didn't always correspond to the activity or occupation etc that I thought.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what do you get if you put in all the figurines? I was missing two :(

Chose not to believe Tom because fuck him. Kept voice even though I got a scene where Aly asked not to which was strange. Epilogue was Tyler packing up the house to go live with everyone and Aly getting therapy. Sam going to AA. It seems like that is the "happy" ending? Is there a bad ending where you split them up so much that they go their separate ways?

All in all I think the game was a bit disappointing or at least not enough twists and turns are there to really justify turning it into 3 episodes.

I don't know if I've ever seen a game so blatantly try to jam in minigames that are so piss easy that it's almost insulting. Just be the visual novel you want to be it is fine Dontnod.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Just finished Ep. 3. Overall, I think this was my favorite episode and I'm mostly satisfied with how things ended. The game's pretty flawed but like Life is Strange it's better than the sum of its parts. Episode rankings 3 > 2 > 1

Thinking on it more, it's hard to not say that the game is pretty half-baked in many respects. Talking with someone else, we suspect the game had trouble during development. (Not any kind of insider knowledge.)

Last edited:

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I finished chapter 3 and I thought it was good but

I thought it was a bit odd that they brushed off the supernatural elements. I chose Tom's version of events because given everything you've seen and learnt about Mary-Ann it makes the most sense but it still doesn't explain why the twins voice was manipulated to make them think she was going to kill them or what happened when they saw the Mad Hunter appear in the house.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Ep. 3. Overall, I think this was my favorite episode and I'm mostly satisfied with how things ended. The game's pretty flawed but like Life is Strange it's better than the sum of its parts. Episode rankings 3 > 2 > 1

Thinking on it more, it's hard to not say that the game is pretty half-baked in many respects. Talking with someone else, we suspect the game had trouble during development. (Not any kind of insider knowledge.)

It certainly felt like there's stuff that was cut/readjusted to fit a different narrative. Probably all came down to budget in the end much like the notorious alternate ending for Life is Strange.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also
Why is Alyson suddenly on the roller derby team at the end? I must have missed every single bit of dialogue about that apart from the epilogue.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I finished chapter 3 and I thought it was good but

I thought it was a bit odd that they brushed off the supernatural elements. I chose Tom's version of events because given everything you've seen and learnt about Mary-Ann it makes the most sense but it still doesn't explain why the twins voice was manipulated to make them think she was going to kill them or what happened when they saw the Mad Hunter appear in the house.

it was'nt manipulated.
They just can't remember exactly what happened.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a really good game, but
I got the ending where Alyson stays in the house by herself which I thought was a really shitty ending and I have no idea what choices I made that led to that.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I thought it was a really good game, but
I got the ending where Alyson stays in the house by herself which I thought was a really shitty ending and I have no idea what choices I made that led to that.

i really liked this ending actually.
she didn't want to stay in Juneau in my playthrough.I remember she said something like "maybe it's not a good idea".Can't remember exactly why.
it was nice to go through the house,and even visit the area where Leo is burried.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Finished chapter 3, and overall I quite enjoyed it. Not quite as much as a LiS or BtS, but nevertheless displays many of those games' strengths.

Eho1RnhXYAA5gSQ

A minor thing, but there's some bad achievement "design" for chapter 3 (after enjoying the one about previous Dontnod nods last chapter). Really shouldn't spring a surprise "play this emotional game based on your choices again therefore kinda invalidating those choices" in the final chapter imo.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tyler heard her say she was going to kill him but it was said in the voice in his head and not by Mary-Ann so something strange was going on there.
The Voice is a thing to reinforce their bond as twins, not a power someone gave to them. I like that decision a lot because if Tom manipulated such power, it'd take away from how unique the twins are. The game shows it's impossible to know the real truth and they have to go with what they believe. One of the game's themes is how we perceive traumatic memories through a specific point of view. They also touch on how Young Tyler sees the Mad Hunter and not Tom when he's scared his mom might kill him. It's his worst nightmare coming to life.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
I heard great things about this. I'm almost done with Avengers and TLoU2 campaigns, this and Ghost are likely where I'll be jumping next.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Finished chapter 3, and overall I quite enjoyed it. Not quite as much as a LiS or BtS, but nevertheless displays many of those games' strengths.

Eho1RnhXYAA5gSQ

A minor thing, but there's some bad achievement "design" for chapter 3 (after enjoying the one about previous Dontnod nods last chapter). Really shouldn't spring a surprise "play this emotional game based on your choices again therefore kinda invalidating those choices" in the final chapter imo.

You can go for the other ending if you start at the police station scene in episode 3. You don't have to play the whole game again. Also, you can complete the achievement for collectibles post-game too.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I just started chapter 1 on PC and my game is so pixelated, hard to describe but it's clearly broken. Tried some settings, tried some other games and it was fine there. Is this a known issue?

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
in the ending
theres a paper plane in the lamp, but I tried everything to grab it bu cant do it

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in the ending
theres a paper plane in the lamp, but I tried everything to grab it bu cant do it

You get that in chapter 2 while cleaning the house. You had to go upstairs and lean on the railing. You knock it down and Tyler makes a joke and you never get to see what it said.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just wrapped up the 3rd episode. I really enjoyed it. The play on how you don't really remember things like you think and it's influenced heavily by the present was interesting and I wish they would have played more with that.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone help me? I am using Game Pass on PC and after installing Chapter 3 it takes me to the Microsoft Store to download Gaming Services, which I already have installed. All my other games work. HALP!
EDIT: uninstalled and now it works after reinstall. Can't wait for the final chapter

Last edited:

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Hmmm just finished episode 3 and I'm not sure I liked how they ended it. Without spoilers, the story of the town ended incredibly abruptly and it felt like there was a ton of lose ends. The episode itself was by far the shortest too, I think I finished it in less than 2 1/2 hours, whereas the others took me 3 1/2 to 4.

Overall I really enjoyed it though, it was definitely better and a big step up from Life is Strange 2, but doesn't quite reach the heights of Life is Strange 1.

I also want to say the release structure was incredible, this is exactly what I wanted from this type of game. A weekly release schedule really heightens the experience.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington

Did you discuss your thoughts on the Vice review anywhere?

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Are there game breaking bugs on Gamepass PC?
I had to reinstall but I think that was my PC being weird.

Overall I enjoyed it. I wasn't too satisfied with the ending, but maybe that's because I just want to spend more time with these characters?

In my ending the twins stayed together, and Mary Ann wasn't going to hurt Tyler. I was relieved that Alyson was in therapy!

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Finished it. Love the setting, and atmosphere. Would love to live in a house / place like that.

Michael is a dude i'd like to hang out with.

Enjoyed releasing chapters every week apposed to all at once.

Gameplay mechanic spoiler, not story related
I found the choices not as drastic as Life is Strange, like literally this person will die based on what you pick. In this game they are more middle ground.. You side with one character and the other will say like "okay, i can see it your way"

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Chapter 3 this morning. I absolutely loved the whole game. I love the Ronan twins and Michael so much.

I went with Tom's version of the story, even though part of me really wanted to go the other way... because fuck Tom. Tyler stayed behind to close up the house, Michael(romanced!) and Alyson are waiting for him in Juneau, and everyone seemed happy. I only skimmed the letter from Sam, so I don't remember his fate. Oh, and the twins kept their Voice... I think there was only once or twice where the little choice icon was negative when I played.