• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am having an issue with the game on my ultrawide monitor. On my native resolution (3440x1440) the game has black bars on the left and right instead of being full screen. It goes full on 2560 x 1440 for some reason but that is the only resolution that it does. Could be not the game and something i am missing but its kinda annoying so if anyone has any ideas let me know.
Try this: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1976-tell-me-why-ultrawide-fix-fov-changer/

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks for all the episodes to be out, but I'm excited to dive into this.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Oh really? So they are mixing that up a bit, huh? Interesting.

About the collectibles, I got all of them except two in my playthrough of the full game and they're easy to find. The golden rule is that
there's one of them in each location in every episode
. Plus, you can replay each scene from every episode in isolation mode so you can clear up achievements without having new choices having consequences on the story.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first episode was really good. Anyone know how to get the "This is Despicable" achievement?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Liking it so far, reminds me I never finished life is strange 2. Jumped to PC after I got it on Xbox. Gotta pick it up on stream or something one day and finish it. These games are so my jam.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
omg I already have that backstreet boys song stuck in my head

Already loving it so far!!

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Well that was amazing.
i liked everything.
Great characters,great voice acting,great sound design,very very very very beautiful backgrounds and scenaries,very good ambiant music.
Very good.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Chapter one is excellent. Very much looking forward to the next couple of weeks to finish this story.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. I haven't been following this game much at all and I decided to impulse buy it and I feel I should ride out that impulse further to stream it. I'm still new to streaming and getting a feel for it if it's something I want to do, but if you want to join me in playing the game, feel free to say hi.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I just want to know what Chloe & Max are doing man...

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Really enjoyed what I've played so far! Taking my time, though.

If you played LiS 2 Episode 5, David (yes, he) gets a call from Chloe and you can get a good idea of what they're both doing. It's very satisfying.
Only on episode 3 but good to know! I'm almost about to drop the game because I think Daniel is real annoying & the game just isn't doing it for me :/

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starts off slow but very much enjoyed the first episode. I like the fact it seems we're going to be staying in this little town and really get to know the few areas and characters more thoroughly.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
So when you're forced to make a decision at the end between Tyler and the cop I sided with the cop because I thought it seemed logical following court recommendations and trying to do the best thing for family, this turned into instant regret after watching the final cutscene (but I assume that was what the developers wanted) either way I'm invested and enjoying the story

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Will play this soon. Someone got all the achievements? They are missable?

Edit: just saw the replies above about it.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first episode and really enjoyed it.
I had a feeling nearing the end of the episode that Alyson was the one who stabbed the mom. I'm curious to see what will happen next, and I'm glad we don't have to wait too long for it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thought I'd be able to complete Episode 1 yesterday evening but I was wrong.

The game looks very clean on my Xbox One X.
Theorry You probbaly stole my screenshot, because I took one with the exact same setup... just kidding.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Episode 1 so far. I won't finish it tonight because I went and read the whole Book of Goblins as soon as we found it. It's a nice little children's book, and it gives some good insight into the characters (most of whom I haven't actually met yet, but I'm recognising them from the book when I do see them).

Man, it's just a lovely looking game, too. I thought Life is Strange looked really nice for the time, then LiS 2 even nicer, and this is even more of an upgrade. The artists at Dontnod have a great eye for where to add detail and where to keep things softer. It's a joy to look at.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well that
Mad Hunter design sure is creepy. Figured when they kept mentioning him and how Mary Ann created him that he'd probably figure into the story, whether literally or as representative. Looks like the former.

Pretty solid so far.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished it.

Love everything about it so far, Tylar and Alyson are great characters, the game looks fantastic and plays well and the music is outstanding.

Also Gamepass is still so very good.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
The game is gorgeous, and the voice acting is really good as well.

I'm taking my time with this, trying to make it last as long as possible.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Damn it!
Missed the memory in the bedroom because I snatched the diary immediately upon finding it

Is there a way to go back and do those other than replaying the whole chapter? 🙄

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Chapter 1 done, great story so far. Somehow forgot about these games having the percentage results at the end, those are always cool and some interesting results.

So when you're forced to make a decision at the end between Tyler and the cop I sided with the cop because I thought it seemed logical following court recommendations and trying to do the best thing for family, this turned into instant regret after watching the final cutscene (but I assume that was what the developers wanted) either way I'm invested and enjoying the story
Tyler explained not visiting for 3 years pretty well earlier on but then said that the difference between 3 and 7 years isn't comparable. I couldn't be on his side in the next choice after that flimsy argument.

I did that, went with Alyson's version of the memory, and threw the ring away. I'm really not trying to strain their relationship!

Also, only 48% got an answer from Tessa, I assume you had to answer the questions correctly. Glad I chose that moment to pay really close attention. Usually I fail any time a game makes me read and recollect things, even if those things happen a minute between one another.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Chapter 1. Landed with the majority when it came to decision-making.

Have to say, I'm on board with this. I struggled with both Life is Strange 1 and 2 -- being unable to play more than an episode of LiS2. But I think Dontnod has hit on the right stuff with this one; the mystery is interesting, the trans character seems to be handled with respect, and mechanically while it's not breaking the bank there's a lot of stuff to interact with and little details to explore. It reminds me quite a bit of a more complicated, full-bodied "Gone Home" in a way.

Looking forward to the next episode and seeing where things go.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished ep 1. Dontnod's usual strengths of character and world building continue (and with eps 2 and 3 presumably being in the same general area, it's not going to suffer from LiS2's moving about). A good dangling hook for the episode too. Also a big fan of the NIN-esque ambient music

Very small negatives are some iffy animation and the "puzzles" aren't good, but they're very minor issues compared to everything else

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first episode and thought it was great.
I was hoping it would have character biographies though, would have been nice to read the descriptions of some of the characters but from each siblings perspective.
A couple of my choices seem to be in the minority so I'm excited to see how it goes from here.

DONTNOD are hitting it out of the park these last few years in my opinion.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Playing through the first episode. I hope this doesn't have too many sequences like the ferry where you can miss interactions. T_T OCD no likey. Are there prompts for when to read relevant stories from the book? The amount of effort they put into that is crazy.
Okay, I totally did not see the supernatural elements coming. It's been a while since I watched earlier trailers that showed or hinted at it.