• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll be playing this on lunch break or when I get off, if it doesn't go up in the next 30 minutes or so :(

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Only a handful of games made me emotional and Tell me Why was one of them. This is an evolution from Life is Strange, every small and big aspect has been improved. Dontnod has the talent to make unique and super interesting characters and that's no different from the Ronan twins. It gave me food for thought, some subjects are totally new for videogames and I can only praise Microsoft and especially Dontnod to give them attention in Tell me Why. Honestly, I knew I was going to give a 100% from the very first half-hour, this is one of the games I will remember from the Xbox One generation and easily became one of my favorite games of all time.

Review:

www.lifeisxbox.eu

Review: Tell me Why |

Tell me Why is the next game from Dontnod Entertainment, made in coalition with Xbox Game Studios. Announced at the Xbox London event 2019 I was honestly re ...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Shall I chuck together a review thread? Or is someone already making one?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I don't see a review thread. Here's our review:

Great story, little stretched out over 9-10 hours. The way Dontnod have gone about portraying Tyler is commendable. I recommend it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I'm making a quick review thread if nobody else is already doing it!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i never played any of the studios previous titles but feel i have to check this out just to expose myself to the subject matter

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Are the reviews only covering the first episode?

If so might be worth pointing that out in the review thread given the other two episodes will be out so soon.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks really clean on One X

aantekening2020-08-27s0k19.png

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I don't see a review thread. Here's our review:

Great story, little stretched out over 9-10 hours. The way Dontnod have gone about portraying Tyler is commendable. I recommend it.

Ok so this XBOXEra thing is from here...I am subscribed and follow on Twitter but wasnt sure if it was associated with ResetEra(well 5 % not sure,I was pretty sure lol)...

Thanks for the review

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Looking forward to Tell Me Why tonight. I'm running into a backlog again with everything on GP and these releases.

Plus the new Minecraft Dungeons update next month.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If playing at 1080p on PC the 3D Rendering Quality Setting is equal to roughly these resolutions:

Low: 720p (66%)
Medium: 900p (83%)
High/VHigh 1080p (100%)

I thought VHigh might super sample, but it doesn't seem to change anything in the config file.

Is this particularly demanding? Wondering if I can run this at 4K on an RTX 2080.
Doesn't seem to be. On an RX 5500XT I'm getting 60fps @ 1080p max. A few dips here and there during scene transitions, but it's probaby just a streaming issue.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Currently downloading. I am excited for this. I have no idea what its about and I have stayed away from most trailers besides the reveal one. I just know its from dontnot and that's enough to get me to play it.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
I am having an issue with the game on my ultrawide monitor. On my native resolution (3440x1440) the game has black bars on the left and right instead of being full screen. It goes full on 2560 x 1440 for some reason but that is the only resolution that it does. Could be not the game and something i am missing but its kinda annoying so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I am having an issue with the game on my ultrawide monitor. On my native resolution (3440x1440) the game has black bars on the left and right instead of being full screen. It goes full on 2560 x 1440 for some reason but that is the only resolution that it does. Could be not the game and something i am missing but its kinda annoying so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Is that actually making it ultrawide because that's normal 1440p, you sure the image isn't getting stretched out?

But yeah, I'm on a ultrawide 1080p monitor with black bars, no ultrawide support, seemingly.

2 hours and I'm in on the story. I've watched LiS playthoughs and appreciate Dontnod storytelling and never really feel the need to play these games but it's on GP. I like the Ronans and want to see what happens. No annoying young sibling goes a long way.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
Is that actually making it ultrawide because that's normal 1440p, you sure the image isn't getting stretched out?

But yeah, I'm on a ultrawide 1080p monitor with black bars, no ultrawide support, seemingly.

2 hours and I'm in on the story. I've watched LiS playthoughs and appreciate Dontnod storytelling and never really feel the need to play these games but it's on GP. I like the Ronans and want to see what happens. No annoying young sibling goes a long way.

I think it does stretch the image because the character seems to be closer (zoomed in). It just weird that the native resolution is there but it is still in black bars (usually the 3440x1440 is just missing).

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I probably won't get a real chance to play this until the weekend, but just curious, are the cheevos pretty standard DONTNOD? Just finish the episode and get all the collectibles?

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Can't wait to play, Don'tNod have a gift for making incredibly atmospheric locations, it was the one thing missing from Life is Strange 2.

Oct 29, 2017
I probably won't get a real chance to play this until the weekend, but just curious, are the cheevos pretty standard DONTNOD? Just finish the episode and get all the collectibles?

Looks like there's a handful of missables. None look very taxing just from glancing at descriptions.

www.trueachievements.com

Tell Me Why Achievements

Full list of all 30 Tell Me Why achievements worth 1,500 gamerscore. It takes around 2-3 hours to unlock all of the achievements in the base game on Xbox One.