• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
I am very much looking forward to this. Love Life is Strange, and this is such a unique narrative we don't see in games, so I hope it's great!

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
haven't played LiS 2, is it good story wise? I was kinda disappointed because they moved on from the first games story.

This though i'm all in

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Oh I wasn't trying to relate the two too closely. Just people were mentioning it and I know it's beloved.
"Beloved" isn't the term I would use, since one's relationship with the series can be rather complicated. (LiS2 is significantly less complicated, I think, to those that see themselves in that entry.) 😅
haven't played LiS 2, is it good story wise? I was kinda disappointed because they moved on from the first games story.
Overall yes, depending on what you want out of it. It's very different in structure compared to LiS. Tell Me Why has a completely different, to my knowledge, creative team.

I think it best if we don't further bring LiS and its (potential) baggage into this thread. (Partly my bad.) The people that are going to see themselves in this game deserve that.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
"Beloved" isn't the term I would use, since one's relationship with the series can be rather complicated. (LiS2 is significantly less complicated, I think, to those that see themselves in that entry.) 😅
That's interesting. I've mainly heard adoration for the first one. I haven't looked into the second much having not been through the first. It will be interesting to see what I end up taking from it and looking at that against others, like I did with TLOU2. What are your thoughts around the first?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
hey moved on from the first games story.

But that was the best thing to do.

it's very different from the first LiS.LiS2 is a more mature,more ambitious (and so more flawed ) game than the first one,but i really liked a lot of things in the game.i really enjoyed the journey overall.
Also it's not really about the story (the story is very simple,there's no real twist,there's just one starting situation),but about the journey.

but i don't think we should talk about LiS/LIS 2 here that much :)

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I will admit, I had to google the OT title. I was all, "huh...? Oh no..." Thanks for earworm. Where's my drill at?

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally the only appropriate OT title for a game called "Tell Me Why." Well done.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
How do reviews work for episodic games like this? I'm assuming there will be some out tomorrow for at least the first chapter?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
How do reviews work for episodic games like this? I'm assuming there will be some out tomorrow for at least the first chapter?

it depends.Sometimes each episode is reviewed,sometimes the whole game is reviewed at once.
But for me the reviews for those kind of games are not really relevant.They can be all over the place lol.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
i bought the game on Steam...is it going to be released at midnight? :D

edit: oh wait...no :(

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to show acknowledgment for the OT subtitle. It was the obvious choice but the right one.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going in blind but I'm pretty excited for this one, hope it turns out great! Dontnod are inconsistent, but they've hit some brilliant highs at their best.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to share more about this game! Reviews will be up later today, curious what everyone else thinks but it will get interesting!

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Weekly episode structure is crazy. Is that frequency a first? I'm guessing there won't be time to fix any issues players come up with, if any.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
My girlfriend and I loved played through LiS together. We are really looking forward to this!

We've been obsessed with Grounded lately too (and I'm playing through Battletoads)... so much going on with Xbox lately. I love it!