• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its probably full 4k. But i played alot of native 4k games. But this one stands out for some reason. Dont know why. Maybe the "cleanless' of the location helps also.

Some Pics from shinobi602. As it seems xboxdvr is down and cant upload. Plus one i already got

EhwbrX3XgAA-YDi

EhwbsFuXgAEWNp5

Ehz1SAoXkAADgI3

Ehz1RKuWkAEbxu9

Ehwbo2cWsAEQZ2q

aantekening2020-08-27s0k19.png

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah game looks really nice, their best work yet.

Dontnod games are kinda like From Soft in that they aren't technical marvels per se, but their art is top notch and carries the game regardless. All the LiS games look great also.

May 17, 2018
It looks nice in stills but played a little of chapter 1 last night, and the animations are still so old looking. Really wish they'd improve that.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I see what you mean

A lot of games now, even if they're native 4k, there's so much post processing going on that it takes away from the raw image (if that even makes sense)

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, it's a combination of great art direction, environment design (a bit more simplistic with less post-processing) and a full 4K image. Looks really nice on my TV.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Looks way better than I thought it was from the Xbox streaming events.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it looks great. The lighting on characters can look a bit flat sometimes, but overall it looks really good.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I think they have worked with this artstyle for a lot of years now and know how to absolutely nail it now. There's a mix of reality and cartoon there, that just reads super vibrant, grounded and beautiful.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That game was fucking amazing in pretty much every way. Finished it last night and I honestly have to agree, it was one of the cleanest looking games I have played.

Also the snow deformation around town and in two areas from Chapter 2 was also really cool to see, seemed like it was straight out of Gears 5

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Some of those shots give me major Alan Wake vibes. Love the snowy coniferous mountains.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Game's a real looker. Animations are a bit stiff at times, tho, especially during close-ups. But everything's so wonderfully detailed.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
That looks really good, it makes me interested. The art direction is more important than the tech side of it, although that is definitely solid too.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Waring; Antagonizing Fellow Member
Some ask jeff grub if he still can't see the difference between 1080p and 4K

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I agree, it's one of the first things I noticed. It looked so clean and sharp on my 1440p Monitor. It makes everything looks so much better, since there is no visible noice or edges without making the game look blurry.

Last edited:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
There are some vistas that just absolutely stunning. It's a fantastic looking game.

Maverick-Swe

Nov 26, 2017
Sweden
Yeah been playing it all day and it sure is pretty. No locked HUD at all either which is always a plus.
Will start episode 3 tomorrow and finish the story.
Well done Don't Nod. One of my new favourite game developer this gen.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
TAA has gotten really good in the last year or two. Even at 1080p a lot of games can look really clean.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Cannot believe there's a new DONTNOD game out and I still haven't played it :(

The game is a looker. November cannot come soon enough.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Funny I played the whole first chapter in 1080p and didn't think the game looked good at all. But somehow these screenshots make the game look great! I'll try to up the resolution to 4k (do I need a 4k monitor for it or does it allow for upscaling?)

ReverseFate

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game looks fantastic. Only minor gripe is the character facial animations, which can be pretty awkward at times.

Otherwise, its a fantastic game with a really engaging story. People should definitely check it out.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Life is Strange 2 also lookeed amazing and was overlooked by so many.
This seems to be a step further.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, looks great! I went back to Before the Storm after this, and it was shocking how much the engine's improved in just three years. I just wish the facial animation quality kept up with the overall graphics and voice acting. Some of the emotional beats just didn't hit for me as a result.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
Yeah, looks great! I went back to Before the Storm after this, and it was shocking how much the engine's improved in just three years. I just wish the facial animation quality kept up with the overall graphics and voice acting. Some of the emotional beats just didn't hit for me as a result.
Before the Storm was actually made by a different studio (Deck Nine) and on a different engine (Unity). That's why it looks a bit worse than Life is Strange 1, and a lot worse than Life is Strange 2 (both of which were made in Unreal Engine.)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even have a high end PC but it definitely looks slick, I've just stood and stared at several of the vistas because they're so pretty (the game outright encourages it, too). Really excited for future Dontnod games 'cos Life is Strange 2 was showing its age, visually.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
My backlog of Gamepass games is so big... but I absolutely want to play this on my PC. The trailer in the xbox showcase didn't impress me but some of the shots in the OP look great.