• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Life is strange 2 bombed. Twin Mirror's publisher bailed. They're in dire straights, I want MS to provide them funding to tell those stories.
I mean yeah if they have to to survive sure, but I'd rather have mobile, console, PC gamers all have equal access to their story telling. Hopefully they find a company that will invest while maintaining independence

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Is this why LiS 2 is terrible and took a whole year to finish releasing?

Edit: also, fuck this, I bought the full season of LiS2 and like a month after the first episode they announced all the episodes would be coming to game pass. I definitely will not pick this up day one. And LiS is TERRIBLE, so fucking bad.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
MS publishing is a surprise. I guess it makes sense, this is exactly the type of game they need for Gamepass.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019

Citation needed.

www.resetera.com

Life is Strange 2 debuts with ~1/4th the Steam player concurrency of LiS:BTS

So, now that Telltale collapsed, I thought we might want to watch the health of this genre and how new entries do in general. A lot of people were very surprised when people reporting on Telltale's collapse said that only The Walking Dead Season 1, Minecraft, and their console publishing...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first game headlined by a trans character?
No, but more representation is always fantastic, and more bigger studio games need to get out there. A lot of what comes to mind for me is from the indie scene, and Swery65's The Missing from what I've played is what comes to mind.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Citation needed.

www.resetera.com

Life is Strange 2 debuts with ~1/4th the Steam player concurrency of LiS:BTS

So, now that Telltale collapsed, I thought we might want to watch the health of this genre and how new entries do in general. A lot of people were very surprised when people reporting on Telltale's collapse said that only The Walking Dead Season 1, Minecraft, and their console publishing...

you first link is stupid for a lot of reasons (it has already been discussed)

And you're wrong for Twin Mirror:

"DONTNOD SIGNS STRATEGIC AGREEMENT WITH EPIC GAMES AND BECOMES CO-PRODUCER OF TWIN MIRROR"
DONTNOD Entertainment is pleased to announce the signing of an exclusive PC distribution partnership with Epic Games. The PC version of Twin Mirror will be released exclusively via Epic Games store for a 12-month period. The financial terms of this partnership ensure a more advantageous distribution of revenues for DONTNOD.
Meanwhile, DONTNOD Entertainment has acquired the rights of Twin Mirror in line with the strategy presented at the time of its IPO: strengthen its intellectual property portfolio and increase game profitability.
"

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So I saw this game is exclusive to Xbox and PC. I'm not mad at all.....
kvccvy8q569c216e9a075751285135_tumb_660.gif

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
you first link is stupid for a lot of reasons (it has already been discussed)

And you're wrong for Twin Mirror:

"DONTNOD SIGNS STRATEGIC AGREEMENT WITH EPIC GAMES AND BECOMES CO-PRODUCER OF TWIN MIRROR"
DONTNOD Entertainment is pleased to announce the signing of an exclusive PC distribution partnership with Epic Games. The PC version of Twin Mirror will be released exclusively via Epic Games store for a 12-month period. The financial terms of this partnership ensure a more advantageous distribution of revenues for DONTNOD.
Meanwhile, DONTNOD Entertainment has acquired the rights of Twin Mirror in line with the strategy presented at the time of its IPO: strengthen its intellectual property portfolio and increase game profitability.
"

So their initial publisher bailed. Thanks for proving me right.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
So their initial publisher bailed. Thanks for proving me right.

"BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, the publisher that launched the project with DONTNOD Entertainment, will continue to be in charge of publishing, marketing and distribution on Xbox One®, Microsoft's all-in-one games and entertainment system, and on PlayStation®4. "

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
"BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, the publisher that launched the project with DONTNOD Entertainment, will continue to be in charge of publishing, marketing and distribution on Xbox One®, Microsoft's all-in-one games and entertainment system, and on PlayStation®4. "

Oh so their publisher only bailed on part of it? So much confidence. Trying to spin this as a neutral or good thing is silly.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
between ninja theory's Very Serious Mental Health Science and this it's really hard for me not to be cynical about any game that comes out of the gate touting "representation" as a marketing tool. Emailing GLAAD to check if you didn't write anything too stupid means nothing.

Is this the first game headlined by a trans character?

no.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm really happy for those that have been badly in need of transmasculine rep. This is huge since it's being published by Microsoft. Though it's sad that they are consulting with GLAAD rather than having transmasculine people involved creatively. Regardless, I hope it turns out well.

(Really hoping Alyson is sapphic.)

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
The game director is Florent Guillaume so it's not the Life is Strange team.
Probably some of the Vampyr team.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I truly think representation is important even if they don't nail absolutely everything. Because at the moment, there is practically zero trans representation in games, a game that gets it half right, is still a monumental step forward. So while I understand the scepticism, I don't think we need to outweigh the positivity

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

I truly think representation is important even if they don't nail absolutely everything. Because at the moment, there is practically zero trans representation in games, a game that gets it half right, is still a monumental step forward. So while I understand the scepticism, I don't think we need to outweigh the positivity

It's three episodes instead of five, I guess that explains why it's out so soon.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, though they'll be like "oh hey we bough Dontnod" after the trailer.
Yet to play LiS2 but hey, I'd bite everything Dontnod.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
playing LiS2 ep 3 right now. I assume they're going back to LGBTQ stories because no one is talking about LiS2.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Yaaaaay! I love Life is Strange so much, and this looks like it's very much in the same vein as that.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really, REALLY love the Latine representation they've had in LiS2. It's an absolutely fantastic game, and they deserve all the praise.

And I'm glad there's a team at Dontnod making trans representation, too.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Fuck yeah, I am loving this! I am super glad DontNod are releasing the episodes all at once. I also am happy to see GLAAD is/was helping with the game in terms of representation.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Life is Strange 2 just didn't jump out at me as much as the first game.
...but this. I'm totally into it.

Trans guy main character in a game published by Microsoft is just lovely to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.