• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I once convinced several people that a friend got attacked by a bear but I LIED.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
my home and my high school are on different continents (I was living in the same home during high school)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not exactly unbelievable but I taught myself how to code and build a computer before the days of YouTube tutorials and I have always been proud of myself for it.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was super smart as a kid but then I became dumb as an adult.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My twin tried to absorb me in the womb. They thought they succeeded.

They failed, though.

Now I hunt them.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
When i mimick a cat, it sounds just like a real cat. I can fool people in public pretty easily

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've never been more calm then when I was robbed at gunpoint.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
One time I was charged at by a man with a samurai sword because he wanted to kill my friends dog.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
One dumbass resetera member tricked a bunch of other ones into thinking I got attacked by a bear and I got confused as hell about it once.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been more calm then when I was robbed at gunpoint.
Um... my previous post was in jest, but is this true? I experienced exactly this. It was like the gun being pointed at my face was the only thing that existed and it made everything else seem meaningless, so I went into an almost robotic kind of subservience. True story, when the gunman told me to lay down, I laid down on my back because that's how I lay down naturally. He seemed perturbed that I didn't assume the face-down posture he most certainly meant when he commanded me, but he didn't push the issue.

The whole time it was like my mental faculties were suspended. I was like water displaced by the end of a gun barrel, but I wasn't actually freaking out. I was really, really calm.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So like is this for things that are actually true or am I supposed to make up things about myself that are not believable specifically because they are false?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I once exposed my true Eldritch abomination form to attack a pair of campers, but because they knew no one would believe them they decided to claim they were attacked by a bear.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
I haven't owned a bed for 5 years and sleep on the floor. It's very firm

Nov 26, 2018
I'm terrifyingly good at handling animals. I once moved a snapping turtle in a creek bed while holding the reins of a horse questioning my authority on the situation.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
My teacher used to think I was ambidextrous but the truth is that my handwriting is just really bad with my dominant hand so my non-dominant hand looked okay by comparison.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Nothing unbelievable about me really.

But I once met a schizophrenic guy on a train who told me he was running from Ashworth hospital staff and was planning on killing himself. I just nodded along and then reported it to security once I arrived at my station.

Never found out if it was real or not. I presume obviously not because no way someone would just escape from Ashworth and end up on a train with me but fuck me on like the 1% chance it was.

Last edited:

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Schrödinger's Thread
Nice.

This is a true story:

I had a recurring dream about my limbs/torso being severed by sliding ice sheets falling off of the tops of trucks. Even though I lived in the South where this literally never happened, the dreams persisted.

After moving to Seattle, I began designing a tabletop RPG about dreams, and recurring dreams were a specific element in that design. One winter morning, I was walking to work while thinking about ways to make recurring dreams a mechanical thing in my game's design, and a large sheet of ice slid off of the container of a semi, right at me. I leapt back and it narrowly missed me. Directly after, while I was still shaking, I got a text that my assistant would not be coming into work because she slipped on an ice patch and twisted her ankle very badly.

Obviously all just coincidence, but it is kinda pretty in retrospect.

Edit: I no longer have that dream.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
My dad and I used to service a customer's 386 computer for free Popeye's chicken. The customer was the owner of a Popeyes. This was back I think in 1991 or 1992. It was the first time we ever had Popeyes. Game changer. I still go to that same Popeyes location, although it's under new ownership these days.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
In 96-97 my old band did a showcase show at Arlene's Grocery in NYC. For those who may not know, showcase shows are shows specifically done when a record label may be interested in the band. They want to see how you perform live, what type of crowd you draw, etc. etc.

This particular night the showcase show was specifically for Bad Boy Records. We were being considered to be the first "rock" group that got signed to Puff Daddy's label. Clearly we did not get signed. Instead they signed a band called Fuzzbubble, who coincidentally it took them like 4 years to ever release their debut album which basically went nowhere. My band actually wound up breaking up just a few months after that show. We were together almost 5 years total and the Bad Boy deal falling through was the beginning of the end. Our management at the time got it in everyone's heads I was the specific reason we did not get signed (I was the singer). So while it was a pretty amazing thing to actually go through and it gives me this story to tell 20 years later, it was also an incredibly shitty thing as it caused internal strife among us that we never recovered from.

I am man enough to also say it turns out the management was correct. When I quit so did one of the guitar players who was my best friend at the time. The rest of the guys kept on keeping on, found a new guitar player and singer, and about a year later got signed to Century Media records and toured Europe and the US for a few years.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I have met two of my favorite bald famous people: Stone Cold Steve Austin, and RuPaul Charles.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Schrödinger's Thread

Well. OK. I have recurring nightmares about Unagi from Jolly Roger Bay from Mario 64 because Unagi is the. Most. Terrifying. Character. Ever. Rendered.

I had one just the other night, even.

Then I woke up and checked twitter today and right then someone tried to retweet a Jolly Roger Bay Mario 64 meme into my timeline but I caught it in time! They have to get up earlier than that if they think they can pull a fast one on me like that.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I performed at CBGB and it was horrible. The legend is far kinder than the reality.