• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a refurbished Simba hybrid mattress late last year because it was on sale and a good bit cheaper than a new one. So far so good.

I've slept all through the night more frequently in the last couple of months than I did in the two years prior. I really underestimated just how bad my old mattress was, despite other people telling me.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
California King from Purple. I am pretty happy with it. The things doesn't get hot and I love the way it supports me.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a lot of money on a high end Tempurpedic king size mattress and it was a great decision.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Wow a lot people here have Purple mattresses :D

I spent quite a bit of time researching all these bed in a box mattresses and ended up going with Brooklyn Bedding. We've had it for 3 months and have no regrets. Reasonable price too (under $1k for King).

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Its a 200$ mattress I got in an emergency from Amazon, but its actually one of the best mattresses Ive slept on.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Leesa queen on a box spring, literally the worst frame imaginable (Some metal piece of shit I got for cheap).

It's actually quite comfortable. Once I'm working regularly again, I'll probably spring for an actual bed that does suck, but my mattress lets me sleep well.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I moved into my own place near the beginning of last year so went mattress shopping.

I bought this one, for some reason it's now FAR more expensive than when I got it. It was less than half this price for me. https://www.dreams.co.uk/annison-pocket-sprung-mattress/p/131-00661

I went to the store (Dreams) and tried out this mattress machine they have that adjusts based on your posture. That was one of the mattresses recommended to me, and it was by some way the comfiest of the ones I tried.

I bought it on sale at £349 and then a week later it had dropped in price by a further £80. Rang the store, they immediately refunded me the difference.

Given how comfy it is and the price it seems to be selling for now, it was an absolute bargain. Very happy with it.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I have a "green" mattress. It's 3 years old. It was not cheap. At. Alll. All natural materials and comfortable as hell. My wife and I both have auto immune issues so when it was time to buy a new bed she did a bunch of research and found what she considered the best for both our issues. It's super comfy but there is a lot of wool so it can sometimes get a bit warm and hold the warmth.

We tried Casper before the green bed and returned it within the month. It destroyed my wife's back.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
King size hybrid with adjustable base, just a bit over a year old. Regret getting it because it was so expensive, we never use the adjustable base, and the primary reason was for more room between my wife, the dogs, and myself. Turns out we still don't have room (the dogs fit themselves in ways that still push us to the edge) and should have stuck with a queen.

We also have to take a tape measure when we view homes because some master bedrooms look too small to fit it.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I have a king-size Pinzon I got for $600 that included an electric frame that can fold it into a taco if I wanted, haha. I love adjusting it to "Zero-G" mode. It's heavenly.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
My Leesa memory foam mattress was the biggest improvement in quality of life I've ever gotten from a purchase. I sleep so much better and it helped a ton with my reoccurring back pain.

Our box spring is definitely old, but I'm not sure I'd like how low the bed would be with just slats and mattress on the frame...

You can buy a box spring made out of slats if you like the look or height of them. I use this one:
Amazon.com: ZINUS Metal Box Spring with Wood Slats /7.5 Inch Mattress Foundation / Sturdy Steel Structure / Easy Assembly, Queen: Furniture & Decor

Just be aware that a memory foam mattress can be way heavier than your old mattress. So make sure whatever bed frame you are using can support it.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
haven't owned a mattress in 5 years! i'm sleeping on a nice sheepskin on a sheet on a floor.

you, uh... get used to it. incidentally anecdotal , i haven't woken up with pain in my neck or back in years!

good luck shacking up though. partners aren't usually keen on the in an' out on the floor lol

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We forked out for a king size Tempur. Expensive (about £2000 after discount) but worth it.

OP
OP
Book One

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
so is everyone's mattress fairly low to the ground? Just frame, slats and mattress?

I don't want as high as what i have now but I think i may need more than just mattress and frame...

also, doesn't there need to be some sort of center support?

My Leesa memory foam mattress was the biggest improvement in quality of life I've ever gotten from a purchase. I sleep so much better and it helped a ton with my reoccurring back pain.

You can buy a box spring made out of slats if you like the look or height of them. I use this one:
Amazon.com: ZINUS Metal Box Spring with Wood Slats /7.5 Inch Mattress Foundation / Sturdy Steel Structure / Easy Assembly, Queen: Furniture & Decor

Just be aware that a memory foam mattress can be way heavier than your old mattress. So make sure whatever bed frame you are using can support it.

i thought the slats had to be really close together?

Bloodshed

Oct 29, 2017
Zinus made (walmart rebranded can't remember the name) Queen size 12 inch memory foam with cooling gel I got on clearance for 90 bucks. Amazing bed, we want to upgrade to a king size bed but I'm afraid I won't like another mattress as much.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I have a king sized eurotop mattress. Been using it for over 7 years.
I thiiiink it's this one (Sealy Posturepedic Crown Jewel Romance Java Euro-Top):
119213622.jpg

It's too soft for my back so I stuff extra pillows where my back is. I wish I bought a firmer mattress instead of being woo'd by the apparent comfort of a eurotop.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Bought a Sleep on Latex mattress from Amazon, it's actually one of the cheaper latex brands out there but it's still close to $800 for a queen. I liked it, but as a side sleeper it was a bit too firm for my liking (got the medium firmness). So a year later I bought their $200 soft latex topper and couldn't be happier. I'll gladly spend a bit for something I'll spend much of my life in.

Moving and transporting it is a bitch though. It weighs over a 100 lbs and can't be propped up like a typical memory foam. Latex mattresses are not move-friendly.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
180cm bed frame made from solid wood
2 x 90cm wide, 31cm high pocket spring matress (think it's ikea HOKKÅSEN, girlfriend bought them)
180cm wide thin ikea ÄNGSKORN
180cm wide, 10 cm thick Tempur temp control topper
180cm wide thin ikea ÄNGSKORN

on top of that.. me

Edmund_Dulac_-_Princess_and_pea.jpg