• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
1997-incubation03-31.jpg

Incubation
Incubation is a turn based strategy game where you control a squad of four space marines. The gameplay is akin to X-COM. You have a certain number of action points which deplete whenever you execute an action, like moving. shooting etc. I remember really liking this game when it released. But haven't played it since then.
Oh wowwwww I haven't thought about Incubation in a really long time. I played the hell out of this.

Nov 7, 2017
ffcc-life-as-a-king-screenshot-12_scale_800_700.jpg

My Life as a King
I could name so many WiiWare games but holy shit this needs a remaster so bad, game was so damn fun. I played it a ton when it was new, but man the 480p resolution don't do the art style justice anymore. Habit forming, probably great as a mobile game but just two years before that became big. It's a tiny city building game, resource manager and a small plot that pulls things together. One of the the more well known games for sure but WiiWare usually gets thrown under the bus anyway.
Oh man I loved this game so much and played a ton of it. I guess there's a spiritual sequel on the Wii, Vita, and PC called Little Kings Story.

Nov 7, 2017
Muscle March was a Wiiware game that not too many people played. You played as nearly naked very strong boys and sometimes bears and had to make your body fit through shapes to continue forward. Very Japanese game that had almost a Katamari vibe to it. It's one of those games that you just can't believe has an English release.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
_resize.php

Battlin' Babe was a JRPG-style RPG for Mac where you played as an abandoned baby who has to survive the wilderness and ultimately save itself. As you play through the game, you'll kill a crazy variety of animals and grow up (Age = Character level). I always loved this game as a kid!

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain - Intellivision
advanced_dungeons_and_dragons.png

An old adventure game released in 1982. Maps only open when you get to the edge of the previous map so visual cues (tracks, droppings) and sound are the only way to know if you about to run into a monster. For such an old game it does an amazing job at suspense. You might hear a light demon growl on your current map but the instant you reveal the next part of the map the monster is on they will roar and start to rush directly at you. your only defense is your bow and arrows. Can shot the arrow in 8 directions and can only tell how many arrows you have left by the noise generated when you click the quiver button.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I feel like everyone forgot about Yoshi for GameBoy/NES. It was a fun Tetris-like puzzler that gets overshadowed by Yoshi's Cookie. I played the shit out of this as a kid.

6a00d83452033569e20147e2f95a6a970b-600wi

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Anticipation (NES)

Imagine pictionary, but on a NES. The picture starts off as a bunch of dots on the screen, then a pencil starts connecting the dots. You type in the word(s) that you think it is. It's up to 4 players, and you move game pieces on a game board. There are multiple levels, and the first to get to the highest level and gets all the colors right on the last board, wins.

It was a very fun game. But you started to learn what the dots were before the picture was drawn after a few sessions. So it was mandatory later on to raise the difficulty so no one could guess the answer, just by seeing dots.

220px-Anticipation_nes.jpg

images

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

39255-anticipation-nes-screenshot-a-correct-guess.jpg

review-anticipationnes-big-1.jpg

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I submit, The Sword of Hope. An old GB game that I got used as a child. Probably the first adventure game I ever played. I remember it being pretty easy, probably why I liked it.

sword-of-hope-thumb.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

This makes me incredibly sad. Legend of Legaia is one of my favorite games.

123267-kid-klown-in-crazy-chase-snes-front-cover.jpg
Kid%20Klown%20in%20Crazy%20Chase%20(U).png

Does anyone remember Kid Klown in Crazy Chase? I got it for christmas in 1995. The cover looked nice and the screenshots as well. The game wasn't that bad, but hard as fuck. Never made it very far into the game. I only remember the first stage as seen below and a city.

Good lord that is a terrible font. My eyes hurt just trying to read that.

Oh man, I remember having this as a demo on one of those demo disks you would get from Pizza Hut. My brother and I played the crap out of it. We finally found a used copy of the game but it only had the first disk...

I loved the soundtrack and graphics and the sound effects for attacks. The way the main character would yell "TORNADO FLAME!" It was cool how you combined punch and kick commands to make your attack moves. I think this actually was one of the first RPGs i've played barring Pokémon. It was so different and new to me so that's why I remember it.

I also discovered Legaia on a demo disc, I think it was a Toys R Us demo disc though. I believe Legaia only had 1 disc though, even though it came in a case big enough for multiple.

Last edited:

Ruffy666

Oct 27, 2017
Magic Knight Rayearth on the Sega Saturn is a hidden gem that came out at the very end of the console's run, and one of my favorite old style action RPGs that seemingly no one has ever heard of.

I was obsessed with this game. Played it in Japanese (with a guide) because I never thought it would come out in the states. I still have the soundtrack and a Mokona plush somewhere in the garage.

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012. Same studio that made Twisted Metal 1 and 2. While this game certainly has flaws, for me it always felt like a Crash Team Racing of vehicle combat games. A complete package, that makes other games in the genre (twisted metal/mario kart respectively) feel lacking something.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
My brother used to be way into Spectrobes. The only thing I remember about it is the excavation part, though.

Let's see, I think I'll go with
1084014-main.jpg

Tomena Sanner, which I guess was a mobile game that got ported to WiiWare. It's basically a runner game where you have to press A to avoid increasingly outlandish obstacles. Levels include the streets of Japan, prehistoria, outer space, and Hell. There's also this text crawl with commentary like what you'd see in a Japanese game show. It's a pretty simple game overall, but pretty entertaining too.
Phoenix Wright is that you?

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be amazed if anyone else remembers anything about The Gold of the Kast. Not a trick question, either. I'll probably upload coverage of it eventually because it just doesn't seem to exist on the Internet.

Ruffy666

Oct 27, 2017
Similarly, so was this guy
69107-Kwirk_(USA,_Europe)-1.jpg

Back when I was just a li'l tyke and had no disposable income to speak of, buying a new game was a rare and wonderful occasion. But once I finally saved up enough, I didn't have the patience to wait for a game I actually wanted and would pick from whatever was available. So many times I ended up buying weird games that I didn't know anything about just because I was so excited to finally be able to get something new... and that my friends is how I ended up owning a copy of KWIRK for the Nintendo GAME BOY(tm)

Nerfed Llamas

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I was obsessed with this game. Played it in Japanese (with a guide) because I never thought it would come out in the states. I still have the soundtrack and a Mokona plush somewhere in the garage.
I was a bitter hanger on the Sega Saturn. I wanted that console to succeed, even when I knew it wasn't possible anymore. I pre-ordered Panzer Dragoon Saga and Magic Knight Rayearth, which would end being 2 of the last games released in America for the system. They also were 2 of the best games released for the system. I live in hope that Sega and the third party developers will start releasing collections of their Saturn library to modern consoles at some point soon, because there is a lot of great games on the system that most have never even played or heard of.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
61K8ZDH8WCL._SY445_.jpg
slus-20515-game-ss-7

The greatest of all the YugiOh games of that era. It is a god damn shame we've never gotten a follow. Sure the style was completely different than what the regular game was like but it was still fun as hell and kept with the spirit of the game. Awesome music, being able to just fusion your monster in your handle, useage of different terrains, a huge selection of cards to fit any kind of playstyle. DAMN YOU KONAMI WHY DON'T YOU WANT ME TO BE HAPPY!?

Deleted member 11934

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I looooove this thread, several games that I used to play as a kid and many more hidden classic games that I had no idea they existed.

My contribution is a puzzle game that I used to play a lot when I was a child on my precious Dreamcast: Wetrix. It seems simple, but it is really really fun. Basically, you have a flat portion of land and, later, water that you need to keep it inside of terrain, which will be given to you randomly, similar to tetris (although you do not always get terrain, also some pieces destroy terrain instead or give you water or dry the water or bombs):
ZpXbTVT.jpg

And I did not know before searching this image that it is also available on N64 and PC!

OMG on PC? I loved it to death on N64. I now must find a copy of this for PC RIGHT NOW

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
Black__White_Coverart_8536.png

Great game, never played anything like it, a true "god game". Hope it gets a reboot.
This and Black & White 2. The true definition of "god" game because your character is a god. I wish they brought it back. Loved sacrificing people every so often just to let them know I'm still in charge (because I care).

Nov 8, 2017
nhl-open-ice-2-on-2-challenge-usa.jpg

This was essentially a hockey version of NBA Jam. (Same company, duh.)

It **never** gets mentioned when people talk about their favorite NHL games, but for me, it was the pinnacle of arcade gaming.

1070911661.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Sega really allowed a ton of licensed games of otherwise unknown properties... or maybe they were just desperate for titles.

I mean I can't imagine there were that many CLAMP fans when they released this game, and they released Record Of Lodoss Wars and Berserk on Dreamcast. And in the Genesis days we got a Fist of the North Star game at launch (titled Last Battle) and a Kujaku Oh game (Spirit Warrior).

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Isometric Shooter like Mercs or SMASH TV where you can pick between the mascot FWANK (Burlap Clown Face) and 5 other characters. I always picked the Adult Baby.

Doom Style FPS where you play as a CHEF?

Last edited:

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)

header.jpg

612VJZKJ5ZL.jpg

Sanitarium | released on Windows | Currently available through online services such as STEAM.

For me, This was the OG of psychological horror point-and-click adventure games. I can't say enough how great of an experience this was. Although I haven't played it in ages I have played through this at least 3 times. I'm not sure how it holds up graphically/gameplay wise these days (I do remember some frustrating puzzles), but if you are in the mood for a fantastic story, set in very creepy and weird world, this is the game for you. \m/

20_1.jpg

21-sanit-420.jpg

sanitarium-1.png

s2.jpg

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

header.jpg

612VJZKJ5ZL.jpg

Sanitarium | released on Windows | Currently available through online services such as STEAM.

For me, This was the OG of psychological horror point-and-click adventure games. I can't say enough how great of an experience this was. Although I haven't played it in ages I have played through this at least 3 times. I'm not sure how it holds up graphically/gameplay wise these days (I do remember some frustrating puzzles), but if you are in the mood for a fantastic story, set in very creepy and weird world, this is the game for you. \m/

20_1.jpg

21-sanit-420.jpg

sanitarium-1.png

s2.jpg
Hly fck, I remember playing a demo of this game.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Clandestiny

clandestiny_coverarttbs7r.png

From the makers of the 7th Guest. Hardly anyone played this game. It had the exact same structure as the 7th Guest, wander around, solve puzzles. I liked it well enough. It had really high quality cutscenes for the time.

mac-clandestiny1bhsvt.png

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I feel like everyone forgot about Yoshi for GameBoy/NES. It was a fun Tetris-like puzzler that gets overshadowed by Yoshi's Cookie. I played the shit out of this as a kid.

I had this for the original game Boy, and I used to play it non stop! It is underrated.

Clandestiny

From the makers of the 7th Guest. Hardly anyone played this game. It had the exact same structure as the 7th Guest, wander around, solve puzzles. I liked it well enough. It had really high quality cutscenes for the time.

mac-clandestiny1bhsvt.png

I remember seeing images of this game in PCGamer, beck in the day. But I have never played it.

Adding another animated game:

Brain Dead 13 (DOS, 1995):

11014-brain-dead-13-dos-front-cover.jpg

This game was originally developed for MS-DOS, and was released in 1995. It is a clone of Dragon's Lair and the Space Ace games. It was also released on Windows 95 as well as the 3DO, PS1 and Sega Saturn. The game itself is honestly not that good, and it is also quite frustrating with the short button prompt windows. But the artwork and animation is all really well done.

brain-dead-13_3.gif

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Magic Knight Rayearth on the Sega Saturn is a hidden gem that came out at the very end of the console's run, and one of my favorite old style action RPGs that seemingly no one has ever heard of. Lovingly localized by Working Designs, the translation is great and the characters all have a ton of personality. You control a party of 3, that you can switch between at any time during the game for battles or to solve the various puzzles. The overworld map is a good size and fun to explore, there is a ton to do (NPCs, side quests, etc.), and the boss fight at the end is amazing. In many ways, it plays like a party based classic top down style Legend of Zelda game. I can't recommend this game enough. If you have a way to snag a copy, definitely check it out!
Magic_Knight_Rayearth_Coverart.png

PARTY FOUL!

A highly desired title among Saturn collectors/fans can't really be called a "hidden gem." :)

That's like saying Panzer Dragoon Saga is a "hidden gem."

Nov 11, 2017
I was thinking of another one today! Something a lot of folks might not know is that Ubisoft has been around since the mid-80s. Back then they mostly published point and click adventure games, most of which have been all but completely forgotten. I'd like to single one out that I loved to play on our old 386 PC as a kid, called B.A.T.

2663666-7397100603-25013.jpg

The gist is that you're a secret agent in a cyberpunk Blade Runner-esque dystopia inhabited by humans, aliens, and robots, trying to find an evil scientist and keep him from destroying the world or some such thing. This was my first experience with a point and click game, and I thought the level of freedom the game gave you was amazing at the time. You had a wrist-computer thing that was actually programmable and allowed you to do things like translate alien languages and monitor your vital signs, you had survival mechanics like sleep, hunger, and thirst (I remember you could eat until you threw up), and you could talk to random folks on the street to get information. You could dance with strange women at a seedy nightclub, play arcade games, get into fights, go to the theater, etc. The world was fun to explore, mostly just because it had a really great atmosphere to it, with art that evoked that style of sci-fi that you usually only see on '80s book covers. Even though I'm older now and realize that the game isn't quite as expansive at it seemed to me at the time, I still consider it a really cool and unique little game.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

upS3vSB.jpg

sSppUpT.jpg

bat-6.jpg

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Fusion Frenzy? Anyone ...

Xbox's answer to Mario Party.
I still have my copy of the full game. Played it several times with a few friends, but only one other person in my group was really a minigame person.

I'd like to add

And the Bust-A-Grove 2
Rhythm games that had you choose a dancer and keep up with the BPM to each song. You have to hit button combos within every 4th beat in the song. These game has some pretty great original tracks and range in genres from Hip-hop to Disco to trance/techno.

YEEEEEEEEEEES! I remember going to Otakon the year that game came out and the presenting the opening speech was dressed as one of the characters. White leisure suit, long hair, giant comb in his back pocket. The guys running sound started playing the character's dance music and he nailed the entire routine down to the floor roll. It was wild.

The GOAT 4X strategy game.

<Snipped Masters of Magic>

Civ + Fantasy + Dual Worlds = Amazing turn-based strategy that will keep you enthralled for HOURS before you even realize any amount of time has passed.

Seriously, anyone who missed out on the DOS era of gaming missed out on one of the absolute greats.

I still have my original disks but bought the game on GoG anyway. My friends and I still use "Old man, you seek the spell of mastery" all the time. Absolute favorite 4x game, and favorite TBS game. MicroProse made some damn amazing games.

j0iN671.jpg

h9sgSIo.jpg

Staples of the Gamestop bargain bins near me.

Still have both of these. Well, Hunter I have for GameCube. Couple friends and I spent a whole weekend in high school beating it.

Lost Kingdoms has a really weird but fun game play. Kind of surprised it didn't do better.

C2Cover.jpeg

Creatures 2 for PC.

Like tamagotchi with gremlins - you would raise your creatures, help them find a partner, feed and look after them. There is some light exploration and different things you can do to interact with your little friends.

Probably a terrible game but I enjoyed it immensely.
I only recently got rid of this. I made the mistake of leaving it in a window and the sun faded the box and ruined the CD :(

Okay I went through 9 pages without seeing this mentioned. So here goes: Septerra Core.
A relatively unknown cyberpunk RPG, with cheesy but charming voice acting and Grandia-ish turn based battle.
AM8Px5X.jpg
I still have this one also. I don't remember much about it. I got it in a double pack with a side scrolling mech game named Ironblood.

Hell Gate London. We've forgotten it and we are all better off for it.

I would still like to see someone do an over the shoulder action RPG with Diablo loot, like what this was supposed to be.
I haven't forgotten. ;_; The marketing for the game was so amazing, and they sold a lifetime sub. thing that a friend of mine bought into. Whooops. Still... "Remember the dead. FIGHT FOR THE LIVING!" Also Avalon was the first digital character to be featured topless in Playboy...

32891-Arcana_(USA)-1496965214.jpg

Arcana is a first-person, dungeon-crawling RPG for the SNES. All the characters are cards and each dungeon has a village/town as a home base to go back to. It's the first of this specific genre I played as a kid and what got me interested in the genre.

I came to post this game. It is among my top 5 SNES JRPGs, and that says something given the SNES was the basically the heyday of JRPGs.

Instead I'll go with:

maxresdefault.jpg

The Last Ninja. Released in 1988 for the Commodore 64, it was an isometric stealth/combat game that was insanely hard. You had limited use of items and had to find most of your gear. I say stealth/combat because if you got into a fight without a weapon, it took forever (it was the C64 days after all) and you stood a good chance of losing.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain - Intellivision
advanced_dungeons_and_dragons.png

An old adventure game released in 1982. Maps only open when you get to the edge of the previous map so visual cues (tracks, droppings) and sound are the only way to know if you about to run into a monster. For such an old game it does an amazing job at suspense. You might hear a light demon growl on your current map but the instant you reveal the next part of the map the monster is on they will roar and start to rush directly at you. your only defense is your bow and arrows. Can shot the arrow in 8 directions and can only tell how many arrows you have left by the noise generated when you click the quiver button.

i will never forget it. the sound effects freaked me out as a kid and i had always some grad adventure made up in my head when looking at the map. felt like a first real adventure to me.

Samikaze!!

Oct 29, 2017
SF Bay Area
The Thing may not be super forgotten, but in a post-Dead Space and RE4 world, I can see it being left behind.
Those games did the genre far better, but a licensed version was still a lot of fun.
The story was bad, the characters were bland, but the mechanic of not knowing who might be infected was always nerve racking.

250px-The_Thing_3.jpg

thingish1.jpg

TheThing-shot1.jpg

Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball / GHTP Max'D

At one point this was a pretty popular Xbox live game, but now a days I never see anyone mention it,
Back when it released, Paintball was a quickly growing sport, similar to eSports the past several years. Large cash prizes all over the world with 1,000s of participants.

This game tried it's best at making a Paintball FPS game, and for the most part is succeeded. The AI was fantastic and as far as I'm concerned, as some of the best even today. Opponents would properly take cover, only popping out to shoot after you stopped suppressing them. They'd dive and take cover instead of just nonchalantly walking to the next bunker.
The game had a unique optional mechanic where it would swap which trigger you used to fire the marker with depending on which hand you swapped it to. (in paintball it's standard to swap hands to pop out and shoot, maximizing your cover).
It also had a create-a-field mode, and 4 player split screen co-op modes.

Greg_Hastings_Tournament_Paintball_MAX%27D.jpg

greg-hastings-tournament-paintball-max-d-xbox-review_3.jpg

Last edited:

robox

Nov 10, 2017
top.JPG

CHULIP (PS2)
I'm pretty sure this game was a GameStop/EBGames exclusive when it came out in the states. It's definitely on the weirder side of things, so not many people played it.
Basically, the plot of the game is you are a small-town mailman and your job is to kiss everyone in town. But you can't just go around smooching people. That would be sexual assault, my dear postal employee. Instead, you need to do favors for people and work your way up to that kiss. The game is so convoluted that the instruction manual basically included a full walkthrough. Super charming. Made by Natsume back in their heyday. Has a distinct Harvest Moon 64 feel to it.

chulip is the game i wanted to shine a light on. it's totally nutso. so zany characters in zany premises. it's a game that pushes the art of video games as it doesn't quite fall into standard genres and it just has to be experienced.

What about a little remembered game for the ps1 staring a one Bruce Willis?
5433-468x-cover.jpg

Apocalypse was a platforming shooter by Neversoft at Activision that my friend had back in the day. We took turns beating levels. It had a pretty dark dystopian future setting. Graphics may look dated but the dual analog shooting controls were tight, the game was challenging and rewarding. I don't think it was the first dual analog ps1 game but it does predate ape escape.

Here's a nice article about it. Turns out the game started life as something else where Bruce was intended to be a sidekick to the player but they moved him to the starring role after his voice work was complete. That would explain why his limited one liners were repetitive and sometimes 4th wall breaking. I learned in this article that surprisingly the Apocalypse engine was then used to power the first Tony Hawk game. Who knew?
https://killscreen.com/articles/best-90s-era-bruce-willis-movie-baffling-videogame-you-never-played/

Here's a YouTube review.
https://youtu.be/u26riQFXOWU

Only that one friend of mine remembers it. Where does it sit amongst this gaming community? Little known or well known? Either way it's a classic.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Jumping Flash
Loaded
Novastorm

I've never seen anyone ever mention these games let alone play them, so I'm sure they're forgotten. I honestly don't remember much about them either except that Battle Arena Toshinden is a fighting game. I spent so much time playing demos of all these games on PS1.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Nanosaur

and

MDK

on the iMac G3

Indigo_iMac_G3_slot_loading.jpg

I played both as a kid and generally had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
There was this game I had a demo for on one of those Playstation Magazine sampler discs. Really odd shit; the intro video was some dude getting in a car crash and being taken on a gurney down to a secret facility where a machine drove spikes into his eyes to send him into this weird ass VR world where he (the player) drives a vehicle around and collects x number of mcguffins in each level. Enemies were pretty brutal and there were powerups that attached to the back of your vehicle and added mew elements to the BGM. I coulda sworn MTV was involved somehow.

I played the hell out of that demo just to beat it (never did) and when I started seeing "games you remember... names you don't" threads it popped back into my mind. For the life of me I couldn't find the name of that game! It seemed lost to the annals of time, or like some weird misremembering that concerned me.

One day I decided to sit down and go through lists of every PSX game released in NA, and I finally found it. Even made an account on The Escapist's forums to tell the only other person I saw ask the question in my Google quest the name of this damned game.

I present to you: SlamScape.

Last edited:

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have a classic in mind that I never hear anybody talk about, but "forgotten" would imply that anybody had heard of it. Or, anybody outside of the UK, anyway.

It's called Bolo, which launched for Macs in the early '90s and on the BBC Micro in the UK before that. Top-down tank-battling versus combat, designed for networked computers, with support for up to 16 combatants. My middle school computer lab had a group of 16 networked Macs, and someone on our school's staff was clearly a dork because he installed this on all the Macs so that kids could engage in deathmatches during off and lunch periods. This, I must remind you, was well before networked combat became viable, let alone popular. (Our labs also had licensed copies of SimCity 2000, and kids would write PORNTIPSGUZZARDO on the chalkboard frequently, which teachers would erase without realizing that was a major cheat code and we were just sharing it.)

[EDIT: The above video is from WinBOLO, a version of the original that has proper TCP/IP support for modern computers. No idea if/how it works on, say, Windows 10, but I recall it working fine on Windows 7 a while back...]

The other forgotten classic I like to think of is Iggy's Reckin' Balls.

There aren't really many examples of "platformer racers" out there, other than Sonic R (yikes) and Uniracers (hmm). Iggy's takes the genre cake by default, and I count it in the genre because of the game's grappling-hook power. Acclaim published a lot of garbage on the N64, but this was right up there with Turok and Xtreme G as far as their N64 output was concerned. I'd love to see more speedrunners take this game on. (Action Henk, if you know about that delightful game, lands somewhere halfway between IRB and a standard Sonic platformer, I would say.)

Last edited:

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Oh and for the original Nintendo DS, freaking METEOS!!

It's only a collaboration between this guy

miz661.jpg

(Tetsuya Mizuguchi, creator of Rez and Lumines)

and this guy

Sakurai_745.jpg

(Masahiro Sakurai, owner of your Smash soul)

and it's very, very Lumines-y in terms of building EDM beats/sounds by matching puzzle pieces at the right timing. I'd love it on smartphones. Speaking of: Why hasn't Meteos landed on smarpthones yet? I interviewed Mizuguchi-san last year when he was promoting Lumines's smartphone launch and asked when the heck Meteos would follow, and he mentioned he still had the rights to the series, then shrugged with a smile. Sigh.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any Delta Force vets out there? I remember picking this up when I first got the internet. Was my very first online gaming experience, it was surreal.
Delta%2BForce%2B1.jpg
51HHB74CYCL._SY445_.jpg

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Day of defeat. Valve little gem that I adored. Sadly I don't see it ever coming back ):

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Faceball 2000 goes way, waaaay back. There was a Game Boy version before that—and it supported 16 players using a whole bunch of daisy-chained GB multiplayer adapters. And before the GB version, it was on older PCs as MIDI Maze.
Well, I never said it was the original in the series (Midi Maze was the first in 1987). Just that it's a game literally everyone forgot about.