• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Broman1978

Nov 11, 2017
38427-the-battle-of-olympus-nes-front-cover.jpg

One of my favorite NES game of all time. This game got me in to grecce mythology

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

I own this, as I asked for it for Christmas one year (which shows the dearth of Wii games around launch). But I never got around to playing it...

I loved this game so much. Honestly, it could be really fun as a VR title.
I actually had a plushie for preordering the game, but I gave it to my girlfriend at the time.

51W%2B6z0RCGL._SX425_.jpg

Anyone remember Cubivore? Gamecube game, the physical copies go for a fortune now.

It's about being a cube...thing. Starts out looking cute, but the quirk is that by eating other cube-creatures (in a pretty violent way, tearing off their little cardboard limbs and shit and splatter square fluid everywhere with your insatiable cube maw) you mutate by color, intensity, or gaining limbs. The goal is to mutate into different combinations and to kill boss cube creatures to gain their special limbs so you can get strong enough to slaughter the Killer Cubivore.

Not the best game ever and the graphics are a little primitive (since it was supposed to be a N64 game I think), but the concept is cute.

Yeah, it was going to be a 64DD title. I love how everything, including water ripples and the sun/moon are cubes.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
189960-ghosthunter-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

Ghosthunter from 2003.

This was made by the same people who made MediEvil and it played kind of similar to the 2009 Ghostbusters game, such as the idea of defeating ghosts by shooting them until they're weak enough to trap. It had a horror-comedy atmosphere similar to MediEvil and had some really great and creepy art direction. The production values are also incredible. The voice acting is all top notch and the graphics look insane for a PS2 game.
34777.jpg

Talking about Yugioh

latest

This game was kinda crazy. In Forbidden Memories, you could fuse monsters without Polymerization. Actually, you could try and fuse any monster, and if you did the right combination, you could get a powerful one.
While the rules are completely outdated (only one movement per turn for example), I actually liked you could play as the Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt. Of course, there is a part in the present as Yugi, but most of the bulk of the game is in the past. And it is hard as hell.
The music was great though. The Free Battle theme is still superb. In fact, one of the reasons I loved this game was to do free duels while that track was playing in the background.

Wow, I still have this game. Literally have not seen anyone else who heard of it until now.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Rival Turf is a fun Final Fight clone for SNES. My friend and I rented it a couple times back in 92 and had fun playing it co-op.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Elastomania
Bv6WQ.gif

Countless hours spent on custom levels. So many memories. Getting Over It LUL
The best indie game ever made. Ok I'm very drunk right now but. It is.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
donaldduck1.jpg

Donald Duck Goin Quackers / Quack Attack
It's a platformer in the veign of Crash Bandicoot with 3D and sidscroller levels. I loved it when I was younger although I only ever played an extended demo version. According to reviews it seems like the game isn't very long though. I just looked it up on Wiki and was surprised to see this game was designed by Patrice Désilets, better known for PoP Sands Of Time and Assassins Creed I and II.

With Disney rereleasing their classic lineup recently with the Capcom collection or their recent Steam releases like Lion King I hope someday we will see some kind of rerelease of this game. (please ubi+Disney, just put this up on steam)

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
uCICxOF.png

I can't tell you how many hours I put into this free Flash game. It seemed like the game was everywhere for a few months, then it vanished off the face of the earth.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Repost from the other thread:

Night Slashers, Violent Storm and Metamorphic Force. Three awesome 90s beat 'em ups that deserved to be played by a lot more people.

1136479266.jpg

1053196435.jpg

1050860608.jpg

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
51W%2B6z0RCGL._SX425_.jpg

Anyone remember Cubivore? Gamecube game, the physical copies go for a fortune now.

It's about being a cube...thing. Starts out looking cute, but the quirk is that by eating other cube-creatures (in a pretty violent way, tearing off their little cardboard limbs and shit and splatter square fluid everywhere with your insatiable cube maw) you mutate by color, intensity, or gaining limbs. The goal is to mutate into different combinations and to kill boss cube creatures to gain their special limbs so you can get strong enough to slaughter the Killer Cubivore.

Not the best game ever and the graphics are a little primitive (since it was supposed to be a N64 game I think), but the concept is cute.

Fuck my retirement plan is shaping up nicely. Keep driving that demand up! my CIB copy will make me rich one day.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Iron Helix.

Ironhelixcover.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Basically take Alien Isolation, replace the Xenomorph with a robot, and give the whole thing Myst controls and a Shadowgate UI.

The only time I've ever heard this game mentioned was on a listener mail episode of Retronauts and nobody on the podcast had heard of the game so they just ridiculed the dude who brought it up. Seemed harsh.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
gkzrejN.jpg

Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde. PS2/XB/GC. RTS with multiple "clans" of goblins to play as. Dull single player, very fun multiplayer even though it usually just turns into huddling in your base and awaiting your Titan. Has its own wiki because of course it does.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
dke04.jpg

I'm sure someone remembers it but I can't imagine many. Dark Earth for PC. If that's too common, though, how about Esoteria? I've never spoken with anyone that has played this.

107823.jpg

Poj

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Jet_Force_Gemini_box.jpg

One of the best third person shooters on the N64. Never got the attention that it deserved. The music in this game is still some of the best that the system had to offer.

Neo-Rudo

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I still have this game. Literally have not seen anyone else who heard of it until now.

aha i loved that game, its pretty much the reason i recently downloaded the Mobile Yugioh game, i spelt SO Many hours in Forrbidden Memories xD... getting my ass handed to me mostly

As apparently Legend of Dragoon Doesn't count for some strange reason ..... My Fav Sega game...... ive yet to complete it but i will this year as its on my list.

QUACK SHOT ... i can still hum the music xD

38931-QuackShot_Starring_Donald_Duck_~_QuackShot_-_Guruzia_Ou_no_Hihou_(World)-4.jpg

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How are these games? I'm interested in playing them.
Can't speak for Mischief Makers, but Rocket is a really interesting Physics-based Puzzle Platformer. It's much more Puzzle than Platformer with various small worlds you have to travel to from a good-sized hubworld. Think Banjo-Kazooie and Mario 64 in that sense. The puzzles themselves aren't too bad but due to everything being manipulated by gravity/in-game physics it can get a little buggy at times which can lead to the game being frustrating.

I'd recommend it if you like Puzzle Games or just enjoy N64 games in general.

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
557689-box2front.jpg

3 in Three
an awesome old puzzle game. hard puzzles, quirky writing.
you can download it for free on the dev's site and run it on a mac emulator

tumblr_inline_mmr6h2ubEz1qz4rgp.gif

3inthree-shethinks.png

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Cameltry_flyer.jpg

Cameltry, great vomit inducing puzzle platformer for Snes

Arc Rise Fantasia for Wii

A pretty solid rpg back when I played it TBH.

One of the best battle systems in the genre. Plot wise is shit tho, looks like a poor man's Tales of. Still, must play for turn based JRPG fans. Probably the hardest game in the genre i played.

In this thread, i'm sure as hell didn't forgot Legend of Dragoon or Legaia. Legaia is top 20 JRPG imo, Dragoon not so much but i liked it anyway. Also, i just played Drill dozer for the first time this year haha

Last edited:

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
latest

Probably was never a good fighting game but kid me loved the claymation and characters.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
enEkuhe.jpg

Made by Shiny of Earthworm Jim fame, Wild 9 seems to have been overlooked since release. It's a run and gun platformformer. While the game has 3D, polygonal graphics, gameplay only takes place on a 2D plane, although occasionally, the game does allow you to move the character into the foreground or background. The main character is Wex Major, manipulating him around obstacles through to the end of the level, like most standard platformers, what sets the game apart from the pack is Wex's main weapon called the "Rig", which is an electrical beam coming from Wex's back, used to defeat enemies. The "Rig" latches on to enemies, allowing the player to whip around or thrash enemies. Common scenarios involve bashing them into the floor or walls, or carrying enemies and moving them into other parts of the environments, like pits or spikes. The game tried to sell this concept as the main hook of its appeal. Turns out, it was a pretty solid title as well, not the best game but solid nonetheless.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time (PS1)

And just I have discovered the spanish dub was from Spain. I don't mind anyway, because it was cool.

Oct 26, 2017
King Arthur's World is a SNES game by Argonaut (The people behind Starfox and the FX chip)

2363900-snes_kingarthursworld.jpg

It's a bit like a combination of Lemmings and an RTS. It has you selecting and commanding troops with different abilities in order to navigate a level to reach a pot of gold at the end. There are traps and obstacles to be avoided, like spiked pits or barred doors.

king-arthurs-world-03.png

It's up to you to use the various troops individual abilities to overcome these and defeat any enemies. Knights are basic combat troops, Shield-men hold enemies at bay and combine well with archers who dispatch enemies from a distance, but are helpless in close combat. Engineers perform a variety of tasks from bridge building to battering down doors or even building catapults to hurl laming missiles across the map.

hqdefault.jpg

Wizards cast powerful spells like horizontal fireballs, or a continuous (if inaccurate) lightening storm. Barrelmen are a quicker, but riskier alternative to dispatching doors by planting explosives, but a single touch will detonate them.

hqdefault.jpg

The games somewhat sedate pace means it works fine with a standard controller, it does support the SNES mouse though. It was a fun game at the time, and I have really fond memories of it and it's pleasant aesthetic, I would suggest it's somewhat dated now though, but still worth trying out.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My contributions to this thread are:

51dATsk9NqL.jpg

Hybrid Heaven is game made by Konami which is a combination of Resident Evil-style 3D exploring of environments and a weirdly robust RPG/Fighting Game system. Whenever you encounter monsters/enemies you are thrust into a 3D fighting arena where you can select between a dozen+ different attacks, items, or defense once your meter builds up. Time stops when you pick these attacks and then resumes once you select your option. Think of modern day Final Fantasy battle systems.

8916_front.jpg

Originally release in 1999 for the N64, WinBack: Covert Operations is a Third-Person Shooter created by Koei's Omega Force Studio ( best known for the Dynasty Warriors games ). It was re-released on the PS2 in 2001. All-in-all it's not a terrible N64 shooter even if it doesn't hold a candle to the 007 games.

and there's a couple more N64 ones I could go into as well but these ones were the first to jump out. There's also Duck Dodgers, Armorines, and a huge pile of weird 3D fighters that nobody remembers. N64 is my favorite console for weird little games.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
DTR250_4065.jpg

I bought it for about 5$ in a bargain bin, i tried it a couple of times and then i never touched it again. I thought it was an extremely ugly game.

AnimalFather

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
QUACK SHOT ... i can still hum the music xD

38931-QuackShot_Starring_Donald_Duck_~_QuackShot_-_Guruzia_Ou_no_Hihou_(World)-4.jpg

my favorite game of the 16bit era. im still sad i was never able to beat it cause my megadrive died. i was able to borrow my cousins and at the game crashed near the end made me so angry. *fun fact i was actually able to climb the sun moon star death trap before getting killed without using the password and the game actually still crushed me in the safe space above crazy i still think im the only one in the world been able to do that. i was young and i didnt speak english then so i had no idea what i had to do there.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
i-q-intelligent-qube-usa.jpg

One of the GOAT puzzle games ever. You play as a man on a grid with the ability to place markers on sections to destroy cubes rolling towards you. If I'm not mistaken, this game is also pretty rare and fetches high prices.

Last edited:

11redder

Oct 27, 2017
I asked for this for Christmas as well. Got Monkey Ball, then bought this a few days later.

Best game in the launch lineup, well the first month other than Zelda. Seriously play this, it's the Wii's best physics toy and a genuinely unique concept.
Yeah it's well worth playing, very charming game.

Excite Truck was the second best game in the launch lineup though.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lord of the rings: Battle from Middle Earth.

Very good RTS, it was a bit unbalanced because with you pick Rohan and make the elfs with all the upgrades, even a barolg cannot stop you.
I really want a third one, but its given the current state of EA, it will not happen.
God, i really want to replay it, anyone knows where i can buy it digital?

Oct 26, 2017
Powerslave is a typical early FPS, but it has a unique Egyptian setting and was hard as hell. I never finished it. Had a lot of fun with it though.
Known as Exhumed in PAL regions, this game was made by one of my favourite '90s developers, Lobotomy Software. They were one of the few Studios that could really make the Saturn sing and were also responsible for the fantastic Saturn ports of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
3884_front.jpg

11651_front.jpg

I feel like people completely forgot about the later Gauntlet games. They used to be really popular in arcades that I went to back in the day too. Still some of the most fun I've had in couch co-op to this day.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
My contributions to this thread are:

51dATsk9NqL.jpg

Hybrid Heaven is game made by Konami which is a combination of Resident Evil-style 3D exploring of environments and a weirdly robust RPG/Fighting Game system. Whenever you encounter monsters/enemies you are thrust into a 3D fighting arena where you can select between a dozen+ different attacks, items, or defense once your meter builds up. Time stops when you pick these attacks and then resumes once you select your option. Think of modern day Final Fantasy battle systems.

8916_front.jpg

Originally release in 1999 for the N64, WinBack: Covert Operations is a Third-Person Shooter created by Koei's Omega Force Studio ( best known for the Dynasty Warriors games ). It was re-released on the PS2 in 2001. All-in-all it's not a terrible N64 shooter even if it doesn't hold a candle to the 007 games.

and there's a couple more N64 ones I could go into as well but these ones were the first to jump out. There's also Duck Dodgers, Armorines, and a huge pile of weird 3D fighters that nobody remembers. N64 is my favorite console for weird little games.

Thanks for these! I never played Hybrid Heaven, but that gameplay looks bad ass. I'd love to see more hand-to-hand in a RPG turn-based setting.

And the important thing about WinBack is it's one of the earliest ever games to have a cover system in it.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
images

Lode Runner 3D had pretty bad graphics and camera was wonky but the puzzles were really fun to overcome. Some of the late stages were just insane.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Been meaning to say something about this game for a while and now's the perfect chance:

Peggle WoW Edition
Peggle_World_of_Warcraft_Edition_cover.jpg

Free version of Peggle with 10 levels with art from Blizzard, intended to promote both Peggle itself and the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WoW. Good for those who want to see what Popcap was like before they were bought by EA. Unfortunately, the game's page was taken down fairly soon after its release, and it's mostly forgotten today. Fortunately,archive.org snapped it up, including a working download link. Go play it (and don't forget to save your luckiest best shots!).

There's also Peggle Extreme, although far more people know about that one due to its inclusion in early versions of The Orange Box.

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
boxshot.jpg

What a great game! I had more fun playing this than I did the Uncharted games. I think the climbing/jumping was much better as it was animated fantastically. Yeah it's pretty much auto-aim climbing, but when it looks as good as it does here, it's fun to do and watch.

Really enjoyed the ending as well.