• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Living single

I was too young to understand this show during it'd air time but watching it now, alot of it is relatable. A great cast too.

And

Martin.

One of the best sitcoms ever. This Gen would love Martin imo.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The classic British sitcom, "Heil Honey, I'm Home!"

I don't know why a sitcom starring a fictional Hitler didn't last one episode, seems like gold to me!

(Honestly, how many people had to approve that shit before it got onto air before someone said "What the fuck are you doing?")
Wow. That feels like That's My Bush 10 years before Bush except with an even worse main character. lol

And there it is. Obviously can't continue this now.

I was about to say that this show had some serious Matt Stone and Trey Parker parody style to it and the music really underlined that, was perplexed at who would event make this and then i looked up the story behind this show, never knew this was a thing.
And then 9/11 happened and I guess we didn't want to make fun of Bush anymore. If only Matt and Trey just waited a few years and then continued it once we were allowed to make fun of him again.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019

Warner brothers is absolutely stupid enough to reboot B5, without JMS' involvement, be mystified that the fans take issue, renew it for a second season on HBOMax plus Ultra because that Dune shared universe they so totally thought was going to happen does not take off and they need soemthing to fill space, force a massive retool by paying Alex Kurtsman an exorbitant fee to right the ship, recast the lead with Kevin sorbo, still not get why the fans are mad, before canceling the whole thing in the middle of the third season because Rowling has crapped out another Fantastic beasts which turns out to be even more tone deaf and incoherent, but they need to cannibalize B5's budget to hire Gina Carano to play the lead.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Freaks and Geeks. It was such a great show, and the most realistic portrayal of high school in any media imo. Cancelled after 2 seasons, but it jumpstarted the carrier of pretty much the whole main cast. I also don't think it would work as well in modern times.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I loved "Lie to Me", it's all pseudo science and I don't foresee anyone ever revisiting the premise in my lifetime.

Another is "House". It was fascinating and entertaining for its time but such a formulaic show had its run and is probably done forever.

House will never be redone because that show lived and died by Hugh Laurie. No one else could be that character after him.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really no longer confident Buffy will come back any time soon. There seemed to be some pretty serious discussions not that long ago about casting a young black woman to play a Buffy Summers for the TikTok generation, dealing with their problems as much as her own Slayer stuff.

Then the pandemic rolled in and any work towards such a show would have been slowed down, giving enough time for the skeletons in Whedon's closet to fall out.

Now I'm not sure anyone wants to be associated with a show his name would be attached to. Even that new show of his, The Nevers, which sounds fantastic and just the sort of thing I'm into, is probably getting cancelled immediately after the first season airs (if not sooner) even though he's not working on it any more.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Everyone suggesting good and bad shows.

I present for my UK fellow members the at best watchable Primeval and somewhat mediocre Captain Scarlet.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Sledge Hammer!

In comparison to the screwball comedy of Police Squad, it hews closer to portraying police as violent, uneducated sociopaths who just want excuses to shoot people. That won't fly, yet, in modern America.

This reminded me to buy the DVD set of this on Amazon, because the show inexplicably isn't streaming anywhere.

I nominate Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Good luck rebooting that one.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
BBC 2 over here in the UK picked up an American show called Seven Days, IMDB For Info, and I don't recall if I ever saw all 3 seasons but I doubt this would come back. I say that based on nothing whatsoever.

Jul 18, 2018
latest

The Expanse after season 6 ends. It was cancelled previously and now it's facing another end. I don't see it returning for season 7.
Never say never. Said the same about Firefly and things have changed. Well i guess since The Expanse is based on the novels, it would be a lot easier to revive.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Kung Fu: The Legend Continues"
PTEN Action/Crime Drama (1993-1997)
iu

By contrast, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues was... well, it was better than Yes, Dear. Not the highest of compliments. Kid me liked it, though! My grandmother was definitely checking it out every week for David Carradine, and you know, in hindsight, who wouldn't? Chris Potter's "1990s JRPG protagonist living the life of a procedural TV cop" was nowhere near as interesting. The show is dated in ways that the original Kung Fu somehow isn't, and while Kung Fu isn't some perennial zeitgeist or anything, I definitely see it talked about way more than its sequel series. This one was canned after four seasons at the start of 1997 when PTEN -- more cult-classically notable for being the home of Babylon 5 for 80% of its run -- came to a crash and ceased all broadcasts. Really don't see anyone lobbying for more, especially with Carradine long gone
I don't think it's a revival, but The CW is rebooting the property. I'd bet good money they'll try to link it back to the original show.

www.etonline.com/kung-fu-trailer-nicky-shen-battles-bad-guys-exclusive-161806

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of shows in this thread that I think are pretty likely to get rebooted at some point. Freaks and Geeks and the Office for instance have such strong fan followings it's pretty likely we get rebooted ones 20 years from now, similar to Punky Brewster, Full House, iCarley, etc., which were all pretty forgettable shows and are getting remakes/reboots for a new generation. It's just so easy to greenlight a proven commodity with a proven fanbase, versus something new. Look at Roseanne... it doesn't even need Roseanne!

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond wouldn't work with all the deaths of actors that were pretty crucial to the show.

How I Met Your Mother might still see an eventual spin off but it won't involve the original cast. That 70s Show would be hard to get the actors back.

I'd be surprised at stuff from TGIF. Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Family Matters, Step by Step, Two Guys and a Girl, 8 Simple Rules, Hope and Faith. Things that lasted a few seasons but never got picked up.

Undecided was only one season but it's a fan favorite that died too early. Impossible to do with the cast again, they'd have to reboot it and the tone would shift due to the societal changes.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Farscape. They've been talking about a new movie stuff for years but I doubt it's ever gonna happen. Frell.

I'm okay with this. Farscape is probably my favorite scifi show of all time but I'm fine with there not being more. If anything I would have liked peacekeeper wars to have a full season instead of what it had but we are way past that now. Something is nice about letting a thing end and it ended well. On top of that I haven't liked much of the extra stuff that has come out after it ended like the comics.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Cop rock

I'm just mad how catchy a song about a baby trafficker is 😂😂 I don't think its ever getting revived tho lol

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
There is actually a Kung Fu reboot startng on CW in April.

www.etonline.com

'Kung Fu': Watch the Action-Packed First Trailer for the CW Series (Exclusive)

The drama series premieres Wednesday, April 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. A quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese American woman, Nicky Shen (Olivia Liang), to drop out of college and go on a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery in China. But when she returns to San Francisco, she...

It looks pretty good.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I had forgotten all about SeaQuest, I loved that shit when I was a kid, but even then I knew it was stupid.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
ReBoot. After the last attempt at reviving it being such a catastrophic failure, they're never going to want to touch this property ever again.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
ReBoot. After the last attempt at reviving it being such a catastrophic failure, they're never going to want to touch this property ever again.

And it's all thanks to one exec deciding it needed to be a Zixx clone rather than, well, ReBoot.

Infuriates the hell out of me whenever I think about it.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The Pretender. It wasn't unpopular at the time but isn't a show anyone really talks about these days.

To be fair, I haven't seen it in years. I loved it at the time, though, and I remember it ending on a horrible cliffhanger. I think there were two movies/specials released later on to tie up the loose ends, but their release outside the US was spotty.

qMfWMhM.jpg

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
freakylinks.jpg

Underground web master solves mysteries and conspiracies with his friends' help using the web, while searching for his missing brother
Despite the web/conspiracies becoming even more omnipresent (neither in a good way in 2021), the cast is too old to reprise those roles. The premise is ripe for something new though, and the X-Files came back, twice if you count the second movie

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Simpsons. Yes, I know it's still running but it's a shell of what it is and will never return to their previous highs.