• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Parks and Rec. Really cant see how they can revive a show that was wrapped up so well

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
9b3d454d91b522d43018d38429ebe5448ad78228.jpg

Why would anyone? Still great though.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
It's Firefly for multiple reasons.

Joss Whedon, Adam Baldwin, and a hardcore libertarian of a main character.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Living Single will never be revived because it will be compared to Friends even though Friends is a complete ripoff.
Because Living Single invented friends living a city? Seinfeld did that too, even Cheers is a similar concept, it's set in a bar but it's not really a workplace sitcom, it's a bunch of friends hanging out.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Because Living Single invented friends living a city? Seinfeld did that too, even Cheers is a similar concept, it's set in a bar but it's not really a workplace sitcom, it's a bunch of friends hanging out.
Cheers and Seinfeld aren't tonally similar with the same kind of archetypes as either Living Single or Friends.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Weird that I kind of vaguely remember Yes, Dear existing, but have no solid memory whatsoever of one second or even one frame of that show. All of these "schlubby, overweight blue collar white dude with a hot wife" mid-2000s sitcoms kind of blur together.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think they all lived in the same house? or the bald schlub lived out back or something.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The television show Invasion.

It got canceled after one season and it ended with a massive cliff hanger, William Fichtner and Evan Peters was in it too. I would love for a reboot.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
9b3d454d91b522d43018d38429ebe5448ad78228.jpg

Why would anyone? Still great though.
A Fuller House style sequel for this would be so depressing. Uncle Eddie and Henry would certainly be in jail, and Jimmy is going to be an incel and Lily would be unhappily married/divorced after running off Brad. Those kids were maladjusted.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
The classic British sitcom, "Heil Honey, I'm Home!"

I don't know why a sitcom starring a fictional Hitler didn't last one episode, seems like gold to me!

(Honestly, how many people had to approve that shit before it got onto air before someone said "What the fuck are you doing?")

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
I feel it's safe to say that My Mother the Car will never get the gritty, big budget HBO reboot the world is clamoring for.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on your definition of revival, but if we're talking with the same people being involved, then The O.C. The two main actors aren't interested and the creator/showrunner and the co-showrunner aren't either. The O.C. without Ben McKenzie, Adam Brody, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage isn't The O.C. Fox might try something with the IP but I think a legit revival isn't gonna happen, sadly.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
There's almost 0 chance we make it to the end of the 2020s without a remake, reboot, or revival of Lost.
...seriously, it's probably the 2000s show that is most likely to see a revival/continuation. ABC probably has scripts for "DHARMA: From The Chronicles of Lost" or some shit in a glass case that says "break in case of weak season."

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Any show/franchise owned by a company that also owns one of these streaming services has a chance of revival or spin-off.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
xDZz6IUmFUZCMufqFNNM4lP4kmR.jpg

I actually really loved this show lol. With the cast aging up and this type of sitcom dying out (for the most part) it'll never get revived.

Dec 2, 2017
Depends on your definition of revival, but if we're talking with the same people being involved, then The O.C. The two main actors aren't interested and the creator/showrunner and the co-showrunner aren't either. The O.C. without Ben McKenzie, Adam Brody, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage isn't The O.C. Fox might try something with the IP but I think a legit revival isn't gonna happen, sadly.
An OC revival is reportedly already on the cards.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An OC revival is reportedly already on the cards.

I'd be very excited if it happened but that recent rumor seems like total bullshit to me. Adam Brody said he wouldn't mind Fox doing something else with the IP but wouldn't go back to his character and he knew Ben McKenzie felt the same way. Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage were asked to do an O.C. revival and chose Gossip Girl instead because they felt like the story was done. They'd need to have suddenly come up with an idea so brilliant that Ben and Adam would also change their minds and that strikes me as unlikely. I wouldn't bet against a revival focused on new characters with people who have expressed interest in returning like Rachel Bilson and Peter Gallagher showing up, kinda like 90210, but a Ryan and Seth-centric revival? I can't see that happening. Too bad because I bet a Gilmore Girls-type revival could be amazing, but when none of the major players involved are interested, that's a tough hill to climb.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
latest

The Expanse after season 6 ends. It was cancelled previously and now it's facing another end. I don't see it returning for season 7.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
FarScape

I adore it but between the puppets and the BDSM stylings there's no way it gets brought back today.

E: Hah, just saw that on the first page. Teach me to respond to the OP.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Buffy or Firefly could pretty easily be revived without Whedon, if producers think the interest is there.

Though in the case of Buffy a reboot with a new Slayer makes more sense.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
6tjWLIP.jpg

Not until warnermedia gets sold at least.

Show's creator J. Michael Straczynski:

[kickstarter] Won't work. They literally told my agent "We have no plans, and no intentions, of letting anything else be done in terms of television with Babylon 5." And a kickstarter wouldn't pay for even a fraction of a season. That won't change for years, when those execs are dead/gone.

Last edited: