• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which blood-related Mishima character do you like more?

• Heihachi Mishima

Votes: 192 28.7%
  • Kazuya Mishima

Votes: 180 26.9%
  • Jin Kazama

Votes: 264 39.4%
  • Lars Alexandersson

Votes: 34 5.1%

• Total voters

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

my favourite character from the family is definitely jun. wonder if they ever bring her back. i also barely know anything about her backstory even though she's one of my favourite tekken fighters. also how did she and kazuya become a couple. is it like a vegeta and bulma type deal where you just can't imagine them going on dates and stuff but it still happened somehow.

Considering how T7 was the conclusion to the Mishima Saga and them teasing a coming conflict between Kazuya and Jin (which will most likely be dubbed the Kazama saga), I would be legit stunned if Jun didn't make her much anticipated return. Every time Harada made polls of who was the best character she has consistently been in the top 5, if not top 3. People want her back. It's now just a matter of when, not if, and Tekken 8 could be good chance for her if they decide to stick to the story beats of T7.

Last edited:

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Jin in S3 was one of the most fun characters I've ever played in a fighting game. For some unexplainable reason Diablo Jim got insanely buffed and Jin got nerfed (and robbed by one of his most iconic move animation) in S4 but I can't see me maining any other Mishima anytime soon, he has a moveset which forcest you to utelize most of it instead of relying on just a few. It's fun to have a character where you know he won't carry you. You either put in the work with Jim or lose over and over again. He represents what I enjoy most in Tekken.

I personally don't care about the story at all, Tekken 6 went to stupid and 7 was bad too, I only care about the wrestling story line which wasn't ruined for now...

Also lol at Lars, what a disaster of a potentially great idea for a interesting character ruined by his shitty design and even more shittier character story and anime bullshit.

Last edited:

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Lee is not an option then Kazuya rules.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Jin before they replaced him with JINO (Jin in name only) in Tekken 6 onward.

New Jin is fucking garbage and he should have just stayed a good guy.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
You sounded sarcastic in the OP but Lee is the only one of these people I care about at all.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Until Leroy came along, I was a loyal Jin main since Tekken 3. Even now, he's my secondary. So yeah, Jin.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017

Heihachi is one of the greatest assholes in video games. Not only that, but he can talk to bears and travel through time. He's a true renaissance man.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Kazuya got me through the Nightmare Train in Tekken 6, so I almost have to vote for him. I think Tekken 4 Jin has the best design, though.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Heihachi > Kazuya >> Jin >>>>>>>> Lars

Heihachi and Kazuya are both delightfully evil. Couldn't tell you much about Jin that I like or dislike. He's "just another Mishima" to me, but less fun than the previous two. Lars just sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken 3's arcade intro with Jin was possibly the most badass thing 8 year old me had ever seen.
Not a fan of what he became later though.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
All future versions of Jin should definitely keep the beard. It's a good piece that lets him stand out from his Dad.

Also Lars might not be popular but I don't think he's a bad character either.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Jin, but only Tekken 3/Tag Jin. Other than that I prefer Kazuya (well Devil technically but they're a joint package now lol ).

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
It'll always be Jin.

Lars lol even his name is lame.
It's just a common name. No less common than Jin.

Anyways, of the four in the poll, I'd say Heihachi is the most entertaining, but Jin is probably who I gravitate towards the most. Lars is the only one who I would say is an actual good person. Jin would've fell in the same boat before Tekken 6 happened.

The best members of the combined Mishima-Kazama clan are Lee, Kuma II, and Asuka.

Paragon

May 5, 2018
My first Tekken game was 3 and Jin is on the cover, has the canon ending, and was my main in that game. I've moved onto other characters now but Jin is always going to be the first thing I associate with Tekken in my mind.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Asuka isn't a Mishima at all. Not by blood, not by proximity. All she does is futz around with Lili (and Feng Wei once upon a time in Tekken 5)

I remember when Tekken 5 brought Asuka to replace Jun as a fighter, ship teased her with Jin and started implying she might be important to the story only for all that to mean nothing.

Now all she does is flirt with Lili

The only way Asuka is gaining relevance again is if the next saga is called the Kazama Saga.

AnythingElse

Oct 25, 2017
My first Tekken game was 3 and Jin is on the cover, has the canon ending, and was my main in that game. I've moved onto other characters now but Jin is always going to be the first thing I associate with Tekken in my mind.
I agree, and I also feel like people who aren't all that familiar with Tekken would be most likely to know Jin out of all the characters due to being front and center from Tekken 3 through 5. Ironically, though, I feel like Heihachi is the least likely to be known among the Mishima family when it comes to casuals, and yet he is the one that most fans seem to associate Tekken with.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I hate what they did with Jin after Tekken 5, but he's always going to be the main protagonist of the series to me.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This series is amazing, lol. It's been fun learning about Tekken lore through Smash.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I lean towards Heihachi because he holds his own without devil gene

He also didn't start World War 3 like Jin did

Last edited:

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Jin in S3 was one of the most fun characters I've ever played in a fighting game. For some unexplainable reason Diablo Jim got insanely buffed and Jin got nerfed (and robbed by one of his most iconic move animation) in S4 but I can't see me maining any other Mishima anytime soon, he has a moveset which forcest you to utelize most of it instead of relying on just a few. It's fun to have a character where you know he won't carry you. You either put in the work with Jim or lose over and over again. He represents what I enjoy most in Tekken.

I personally don't care about the story at all, Tekken 6 went to stupid and 7 was bad too, I only care about the wrestling story line which wasn't ruined for now...

Also lol at Lars, what a disaster of a potentially great idea for a interesting character ruined by his shitty design and even more shittier character story and anime bullshit.

Diablo Jim is one of the best typos that I've ever seen, unless I missed a joke

Last edited:

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jun, she may not count but by the goddess do I love Jun.

I know Lars isn't popular, and while he looks goofy…like a lot of characters look fucking dumb/ridiculous so I always find it weird when he is called out so much for it when I rarely see it for any other character.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Tekken 3 Heihachi when he dawned the baller coat. Heihachi has had a lot of my favorite scenes throughout the series and I'm glad they did his end justice.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Jun and Asuka don't count, at all

Jinpachi is a g and the fact that he isn't in the poll invalidates it

Kuma 2 arguably counts, he's literally born and raised into the family

anyway the answer is Heihachi. He's the goat. He's a human who's faced a demon grandfather, devil son, devil grandson, devil wife as their equal. The best hammy villain. You can't top him.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Jun and Asuka don't count, at all

Jinpachi is a g and the fact that he isn't in the poll invalidates it

Kuma 2 arguably counts, he's literally born and raised into the family

anyway the answer is Heihachi. He's the goat. He's a human who's faced a demon grandfather, devil son, devil grandson, devil wife as their equal. The best hammy villain. You can't top him.

If Lars is getting like 20 votes, Jinpachi wouldn't even get 10

damn it you anticipated my response, did you do that on purpose

CreativeGraveArabianoryx-max-1mb.gif

There are many like you.

We all know that Resetera is the type of forum to gravitate toward Lee 'cause he's funny, charming and has nowhere near as many war crimes to his name as Kazuya, Jin and Heihachi do.

Not even lying.

Also mandatory Uncle Lee >>>>>> Uncle Lars

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
CreativeGraveArabianoryx-max-1mb.gif

There are many like you.

We all know that Resetera is the type of forum to gravitate toward Lee 'cause he's funny, charming and has nowhere near as many war crimes to his name as Kazuya, Jin and Heihachi do.

Not even lying.

Also mandatory Uncle Lee >>>>>> Uncle Lars

Lee is actually my Tekken main ever since they started cutting Lei, haha

He is still KINDA evil, but his evil is usually more cheeky shenanigans vs. outright world villainy.