• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah and I wonder if I'll finally get to play Steve in tanktop from his story fight.

It's already there! Just click the damn unlock button whoever is in charge!

dbcc1nt-abd7c0c0-1bf7-4ba1-ba4e-27d6326fcfaa.jpg

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats T7s playerbase like on Ps4 when it comes to skill level? All pros by now?

And i remember loading times being not good, did they get improved?

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whats T7s playerbase like on Ps4 when it comes to skill level? All pros by now?

And i remember loading times being not good, did they get improved?
Loading times slightly improved but are still longest in Tekken history. Shameful.

There are noobs, mids, pros. Problem is auto rank up system created more smurfs/rerankers than ever.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Combo Breaker still amazing for Tekken. Maybe even the best Tekken tournament.

Tears of joy seeing my boy Paul and Knee finally realising who's the best Tekken character.

0F1Xshq.jpg

sowyqop.gif

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I need to steal Knee's Paul tech and get down the Josie match up so I don't die to Pokchop on stream again T-T At least Negan is trash so that was an easier match up to deal with. The top 8 hype was actually absurd, I thought Steve was going to end up leading a riot through the entire venue. Tekken kinda rules.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GGs Sasuke. I've been playing Lars last couple of days so I didn't want to change chars. Larssus is weak but fun. I need to learn some decent combos, my biggest problem is that I never know how far or close walls are. Just can't keep track of them mid fight.

To be honest, all I wanted was to land this:

...and I did! XD

wr7Rf2T.gif

Hwoarang's combo damage still make me go:

KpTHEzJ.gif

Whole lifebar in 8 seconds. Omg.

You have super deadly Hwoarang, keep at it.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tekken World Tour Master tournament in Poland is today.

Supposed to start at 12.00

Streamed On twitch/tekken and www.twitch.tv/fgchallenge

But I checked the channels and there's nothing there. WTF?

Edit: Wait, it was moved to 15th? Yeah it seems so. Polish site had the old date.

Last edited:

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question: looking to get back into Tekken for the hundreth time, trying to figure out who to go with. How important are Dragunov's throws to his general gameplan? I know he's not really a 'pure' grappler, but I like characters who have some kind of focus on throws anyway.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question: looking to get back into Tekken for the hundreth time, trying to figure out who to go with. How important are Dragunov's throws to his general gameplan? I know he's not really a 'pure' grappler, but I like characters who have some kind of focus on throws anyway.

He has a decent grab game

His f,f1+2 grab is good
Gives good oki and not easily breakable like the basic ones in 7
He also has tackles that could surprise people.
And a jumping double leg throw people have to duck
His slide grabs on counter and also his running 4
He can also grab from grounded
If you wanted to play him like a grappler that's how i'd go about it.

Some people play drag with running 2 and d2 only
Just remember to use his tools

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
He has a decent grab game

His f,f1+2 grab is good
Gives good oki and not easily breakable like the basic ones in 7
He also has tackles that could surprise people.
And a jumping double leg throw people have to duck
His slide grabs on counter and also his running 4
He can also grab from grounded
If you wanted to play him like a grappler that's how i'd go about it.

Some people play drag with running 2 and d2 only
Just remember to use his tools

Mybe I'll try him out for a bit to see if he feels better than Marduk then. Thanks!

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Drag's throw game is amazing. f+1+4 and f+2+3 are special grabs so no easy escape. Ff+1+2 is a terrifying throw not only because of huge damage but opponent ends up right at Drag's feet.
Tackle has 1, 2 and 1+2 throws and it's a 33% guess chance for opponent, no visual clues like Marduk.
Drag can tackle in face down, feet away position.
Special leg grab from knockdown position(FDFA?)
Has uf+3+4
Has various move cancels into throw like ff+2~1+2 or 1,3,2~1+2 or db+3~1+2.
Has counter hit throw from qcf+4 with 2 different breaks.
Has reversal that counters mid-high punches and kicks as well as super fast low reversal(only character in the series).

Most players underuse Drag's throwing skills, focusing instead on fff+2. Better for me. Well rounded Drag dangerous. But I've seen only few that don't focus on simple poking and fff+2 abuse.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Drag's throw game is amazing. f+1+4 and f+2+3 are special grabs so no easy escape. Ff+1+2 is a terrifying throw not only because of huge damage but opponent ends up right at Drag's feet.
Tackle has 1, 2 and 1+2 throws and it's a 33% guess chance for opponent, no visual clues like Marduk.
Drag can tackle in face down, feet away position.
Special leg grab from knockdown position(FDFA?)
Has uf+3+4
Has various move cancels into throw like ff+2~1+2 or 1,3,2~1+2 or db+3~1+2.
Has counter hit throw from qcf+4 with 2 different breaks.
Has reversal that counters mid-high punches and kicks as well as super fast low reversal(only character in the series).

Most players underuse Drag's throwing skills, focusing instead on fff+2. Better for me. Well rounded Drag dangerous. But I've seen only few that don't focus on simple poking and fff+2 abuse.
But what if you did running 2's all day

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Copy paste from the other topic:

"I'm trying to consistently execute Jack-7's Windup Uppercut in order to use it after Jackhammer. But I'm having trouble with it standalone (using a DS4) for a while now. 70% of the time I end up using Debugger or Gigaton Punch. I can't enter hfc slower as it ends up being too slow but the fast input seemingly makes me miss a direction button in the process. How do I pull it off consistently?

Any help appreciated."

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

"I'm trying to consistently execute Jack-7's Windup Uppercut in order to use it after Jackhammer. But I'm having trouble with it standalone (using a DS4) for a while now. 70% of the time I end up using Debugger or Gigaton Punch. I can't enter hfc slower as it ends up being too slow but the fast input seemingly makes me miss a direction button in the process. How do I pull it off consistently?

Any help appreciated."
Don't think too much about it, it should work as a muscle memory. Try to do it slow - hcf hold f and slide into df+1. If it works try to do it gradually faster.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

Any help appreciated."

I think you should forget about consistently executing blue upper after Jackhammer. You see players like Anakin, Saint and Noroma fail it many times, why would you be any different?

If you're getting debugger it means you were not holding f. The way I practiced blue upper is by trying to get Gigaton Punch consistently first: hcf, hold f. Do this like 10 times in a row without failing. Then add d/f+1, but do it as quickly as possible. Doing blue upper on it's own is not that hard, the hard part is doing it after Jackhammer. It requires timing: when you land f,f+1 Jack goes into recovery, you can already start buffering the input, but you have to make sure you end up on the f input when Jack retreats his leg fully, then immediately do d/f+1.

It's very hard. I can almost always land blue upper after his Rocket uppercut (f,f+2) for example, but doing it consistently after Jackhammer is almost impossible for me. That's why I almost always go for d/b+2 instead. I only show off my blue upper during my post round celebration.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Julia is so much fun. This game is infinitely better now that she's in it. I played a bunch of ranked yesterday and today and actually enjoyed it, I'm not sure that's ever happened before!

I approve of the changes to make ranking up easier. We should all get a chance to feel good about ourselves!

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (permanent): Trolling, inventing highly inflammatory accusations. No moderator created any such thread, no such thread was deleted
I love you guys, but I can't stay in this place anymore.

You heard about Etika, how this forum's sjw nutjobs gang up and shat on him? Hell, even a mod made a thread that mocked his suicidal mindset. Now they deleted said thread to cover their tracks. They're always covering their tracks. And now they are deleting posts and banning users that are pointing it all this shit to them.

How much of a hypocritical pieces of shit can they be?

No, this shit has run it's course.

c7k0AtW.gif

Hope you guys are ok and we'll see each other in T7. (Bumping everyone: "Fight me!")

Oct 27, 2017
I love you guys, but I can't stay in this place anymore.

You heard about Etika, how this forum's sjw nutjobs gang up and shat on him? Hell, even a mod made a thread that mocked his suicidal mindset. Now they deleted said thread to cover their tracks. They're always covering their tracks. And now they are deleting posts and banning users that are pointing it all this shit to them.

How much of a hypocritical pieces of shit can they be?

No, this shit has run it's course.

c7k0AtW.gif

Hope you guys are ok and we'll see each other in T7. (Bumping everyone: "Fight me!")

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm not sure what's going on here but it'll be sad to see you go. I am no longer as enthusiastic about Tekken but it was still great to see you bring life to this thread.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
We want an original character. Wang is dead. We need another younger descendant, like Lian Jinrei.

Has Tekken 7 crossed the 5 million sold mark yet?

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
Harada going to Comic-Con again this year. Where is my next installment of the Tekken Comics? Cavan Scott actually gets the series for the most part. I'd welcome a Netflix series if he could pen. I'd need to screen it first, but yeah.

Tekken_4_Cover-B-674x1024.jpg

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
If you want to win against me just put me on the right side, 2 years and i still feel weaker on this side

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
Sega offered a Virtua Fighter character for free to Namco to use in Tekken back in the day. I really don't know if I would care at this point. I do hope Sega decides to bring back Virtua Fighter and cross it over with their own Streets of Rage series, that would get me hype.

Sega was once so magical.
large.jpg