• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Man, why doesn't anyone bring up Tekken 7 when talking about great soundtracks for fighting games. You'll see people mention SFV, but listen to some of these tracks.

Midnight Closet is the best song in the game tho. Half the time I spent inside the customization menu was cause of this song. After listening to the songs above you guys gotta admit that Tekken 7 has the best fighting game soundtrack of this generation right. Crazy thing is I read some posts on here saying that Tekken 7 has the worst soundtrack in the series, shit if this is bad what are considered the "good" Tekken tracks. 7 is the only Tekken game that I played (well and the free Tekken game, but I don't remember any tracks from that) so post some good Tekken tracks from other games in this thread.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
it's fucking good

tumblr_inline_pcx63rrTvq1qj0ncd_540.gif

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's pretty dope. Tekken as a whole in my opinion is the best fighting game series from a soundtrack presentation so the fact I can listen to the other soundtracks with this game too? Shit, I'm in bruh bruh.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Geese Howard's theme is literally the best version of his theme ever conceived. It goes so hard

and the new Tekken song about the new Infinite Azure stage reminds me of the good old Tekken 4 days

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Solitude is def one of my favorite songs in a video game, it also went really well with the somber picture of heiatchi

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Tekken has amazing soundtracks, but 7 way steps back.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The remix of Apocalypsis Noctis one of the handful of songs that are worth a damn

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, Tekken as a series has always had a really great soundtrack IMO. 7's not my absolute favorite but I still love the hell out of it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Solitude is def one of my favorite songs in a video game, it also went really well with the somber picture of heiatchi
It really does. That title screen and music just nails the idea that Heihachi is just a tired, old man at this point. Still tough as nails, but nearing his end.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Always loved Tekken Tag Tournament's OST

Yesss. I was listening to some TTT music before I even saw this thread.

Couple other favorites from that one:

I fell off the Tekken music wagon with TTT2, aside from a select few tracks. Got too wubby for my tastes. Thank goodness they introduced Tekken Tunes. Tekken 7 largely continues the trend.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't even play the game because I hate the soundtrack so much. It's just so unappealing to my ears. This is made 1000 times worse by the fact that I own the PC version and can't even change the music to most of the stages with a Jukebox mode.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Besides the main menu theme, I think this was my favorite song in the game

But the customization theme was also great.

Tekken 7 has a great OST.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Tekken 7's music is good, but its far inferior to the previous tekkens....tekken has always been known for having excellent music. moonlit wilderness, be in the mirror, emotionless passion, honmaru, center of gravity, the headshaker, the finalizer...the list goes on

the tekken fanbase who have been with the franchise for a long time has a problem with the more memorable soundtracks increasingly being erased in favor of non catchy dubstep..

Its not so bad for me, but it is a problem when stage 1 music is better than stage 2 music and the second theme completely ruins the stage.

I guess for someone new to tekken, it would make sense that even the lowest point of the franchise musically is still good..cause tekken music was always so much higher above other fighting games in terms of consistency from installment to installment (although other games obviously can have great music too)

Tekken 2 still the goat tho

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After listening to the songs above you guys gotta admit that Tekken 7 has the best fighting game soundtrack of this generation right.
I fucking LOVE Tekken 7 soundtrack. But you're wrong. Killer Instinct has the best fighting game soundtrack of that gen. That's a fact.

(UNIST doesn't count since most of the soundtrack is from the previous game)

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
It was one of the better soundtracks of that year. Solitude, Infinite Azure, and Soy Sauce for Geese are really great.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Can't even play the game because I hate the soundtrack so much. It's just so unappealing to my ears. This is made 1000 times worse by the fact that I own the PC version and can't even change the music to most of the stages with a Jukebox mode.
I feel for you. God Bless the Juke Box on PS4, I changed nearly everything lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's because Tekken soundtracks are always awesome, so we just take it for granted.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
No wonder you think it's amazing, it's your first Tekken.
XD
"Best fighting game soundtrack this generation... my first Tekken". :p

I really liked it. I didn't liked how they changed the main menu song and character select in the updates, so I had to manually change it back.

But this gen?
Not with Killer Instinct.
Guilty Gear Xrd, Mortal Kombat 11 has some really nice ones too.

And Smash Ultimate is quite huge! Tekken 7 with Tekken Tunes is close.

Tekken 3, Tag and 5 were the best as far as Tekken goes.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a very special place in my heart for tekken 2's soundtrack. It was just so perfect. Reaching Kazuya and Devil for the first time blew my mind as a child.

OP
OP

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
No wonder you think it's amazing, it's your first Tekken.
I mean I played other fighting games this generation (SFV, MKX/11, Injustice 2, DBFZ, GG:R, Smash) so dunno why it matters that this is the first time I put any actual time into a Tekken game lol. Played some Tekken R and a bit of Tekken Tag 2 on the PS3, not a lot but still played them.

Listened to some of the tracks posted on here from the other games and the only one that stood out was the Tekken Tag King track. The other tracks are all right, eh. A bit too 'slow' for my taste. Midnight Closet might also have that slow pace, but that shit is relaxing as hell.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I mean I played other fighting games this generation (SFV, MKX/11, Injustice 2, DBFZ, GG:R, Smash) so dunno why it matters that this is the first time I put any actual time into a Tekken game lol. Played some Tekken R and a bit of Tekken Tag 2 on the PS3, not a lot but still played them.

Listened to some of the tracks posted on here from the other games and the only one that stood out was the Tekken Tag King track. The other tracks are all right, eh. A bit too 'slow' for my taste. Midnight Closet might also have that slow pace, but that shit is relaxing as hell.

HOw about this one

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
No, it gets about as much love as it deserves. 7's soundtrack is weak -- it sounds like someone gave the composer a lawn mower and a dial up modem as said "here, make the soundtrack with this."

Tekken Tag and Tekken 5 are the peak of the series.

Now that's some hype shit. Thank god for Tekken Jukebox letting me use classic tunes, otherwise I wouldn't know wtf to do.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I fucking LOVE Tekken 7 soundtrack. But you're wrong. Killer Instinct has the best fighting game soundtrack of that gen. That's a fact.

(UNIST doesn't count since most of the soundtrack is from the previous game)

I feel like Smash wins that honor by default.

Though I guess it counting would be cheating.

but it still counts

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
^ Those are mostly for people who could not get enough of snow castle in DR lol

I always preferred the dragon and lion's nest combo

Last edited:

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
Tekken 7 has some hype music. Jungle Outpost Round 2! Mishima Dojo! Twilight Conflict! Heat Haze Shadow! Devil's Pit! There are a lot of great tracks in Tekken 7. I think it's a bit underrated compared to previous entries. Plus, Tekken 4 doesn't get enough love, either for its music.

PAULINK

Oct 28, 2017
Tekken 7 has some amazing tracks, high energy that gets the blood flowing. No doubt the best that the series has to offer.

Ignore the people with nostalgia boners, they just can't recognize quality music.