• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

The reveal teaser for the next Tekken 7 DLC mentions that there is a XSX/XSS version coming. Is this finally happening? The game is 720p and never got a patch

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, maybe I'll redownload it. It just looked so terrible last time I tried it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean, if so amazing but I won't hold my breath. It's ridiculous it's looked so awful on Xbox for so long.

I mean, it was never supposed to live that long, I think they never planned more than one season pass.

But I absolutely agree. I hate nothing more as games that get supported for so long with DLCs, MTX or simply patched content, but then these devs never even f'n give their games a simple resolution bump or they need years to add something. GTA V, Overwatch, Dying Light, Rainbow Six (took them around 2 years to add any simple enhancement) and yes Tekken 7 is another example. How can you sell season pass after season pass but not simply bumb your f'n resolution up a bit for the enhanced consoles? Devs like these doesn't deserve a single cent.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I would bet on at a least a resolution bump happening. DLC requires that they modify the code and a resolution bump seems trivial enough that it wouldn't make sense not to do it.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
It's because I finally broke down and bought all the DLC while it was on sale just in case. You're all welcome.

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
I'm skeptical - just adding the Xbox Series S/X at the very end of the trailer doesn't mean anything to me other than that it works for those consoles. But I guess they didn't add a PS5 logo, so who knows...I guess we will see. I'd definitely jump in at a resolution bump though.

PS - I do remember reading the that the "justification" is that the Xbox version would need a whole new version of UE in order to bump the resolution, so it was a non-trivial change. But considering how long they have been pumping DLC, it seems like it should definitely have been done by now.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Isn't it weird that it doesn't mention PS5?

Hmm. It's been mentioned that to update Tekken 7 on Xbox they essentially need a new version, as they were not able to make a Xbox One X enhancement patch for it. Tekken 7 right now is 1080p on PS4, no HDR or 4k, with the Pro patch giving it better effects/texture filtering.

Maybe the PS4 version is getting a upgrade, while the Xbox version needs a brand new SKU? All a theory of course.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Did Namco ever bother to explain why Tekken 7 never got the X treatment and patch?

Was it just the tardiness of the hardware?

I have this on the PS4/PS5 but I'd buy it again for my Series X. Assuming they patch it.

Probably not happening

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OP, this doesn't mean anything unfortunately.

This is just some annoying thing they do to indicate that it's playable on Xbox Series (as if we don't know that Xbox One games are playable on Xbox Series):

TqQInNC.jpg

DwwCKfc.jpg

e2oFzgP.jpg

Bonus recently announced non-Bandai Namco game:

BOBv6gw.jpg

I made this tweet the other day and I think it's relevant:

It should have never been 720p I'm the first place. Like a 1050 or something was running the game at a dynamic 1080p with like highish settings. Is that card really that better than a base ps4, XB1 and even performing similar to a PS4 pro in practice? Doesn't seem like it should.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I have doubts.

They don't seem to give a fuck about the Xbox version outside squeezing DLC money.

Dec 11, 2017
They don't seem to give a fuck about the Xbox version outside squeezing DLC money.
You'd think that even a very basic resolution bump above 720p would drive more interest and sales though. They're already developing and testing the DLC on the Xbox.

I'm with you that I'm still skeptical it will happen, but it just seems crazy to support the game this long and not even upgrade the resolution. I'll actually buy the Xbox version of Tekken 7 if they do.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'd much rather we could stop GETTING READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE than a resolution bump. Instant rematch please

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021

This is just some annoying thing they do to indicate that it's playable on Xbox Series (as if we don't know that Xbox One games are playable on Xbox Series):

TqQInNC.jpg

DwwCKfc.jpg

e2oFzgP.jpg

BOBv6gw.jpg

Damn. Pack it up.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
yeh but samurai Shodown is 120 on Series X
Anyone analysed it yet? The only thing it'd improve is input delay and that's it, I think. Animations would still run at 60 with duplicate frames since you can't really change that. So pretty much anything related to gameplay would still be the same.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hmm. It's been mentioned that to update Tekken 7 on Xbox they essentially need a new version, as they were not able to make a Xbox One X enhancement patch for it. Tekken 7 right now is 1080p on PS4, no HDR or 4k, with the Pro patch giving it better effects/texture filtering.

Maybe the PS4 version is getting a upgrade, while the Xbox version needs a brand new SKU? All a theory of course.

If they're doing brand new SKUs, they should go all out and make use of the SSDs/native features of the new consoles. Though given Tekken 7's impressively dreadful optimization, I wouldn't be surprised if the loading was still bad, or at least still hindered by unnecessarily long intro cards.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
They planted a lot of frustration for me by not patching any enhancement for the 1X version, especially with the base XB1 and PS4 versions running at the resolutions (and load times) they are.

I'll believe the improvements when I see them. This didn't feel like a well-supported product on console up until this point.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
720p? Even on PS4?

So that's why the game looked like shit when I tried it in Gamepass. Even made a post here.

Feb 15, 2019
Thanks for acknowledging. I try to clear things up every so often around here, and then maybe like one person will notice it (even with tons of big pictures). So congrats on being that person. :P

I logged on just to say this but I usually do see your posts clarifying stuff and I do appreciate them even if I do not respond to them. Keep up the good work Sal.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

TqQInNC.jpg

DwwCKfc.jpg

e2oFzgP.jpg

BOBv6gw.jpg

The dream is dead.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Welp :(

I'd like to say I'll stick to PC then, but loading times are so much better on the Series...

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way they're going to upgrade it to the newest Unreal 4, it's just too late at this point.. that should've happened like four years ago.

Tekken 8 is your only hope for a quality console port.

OP
OP
jbug617

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

TqQInNC.jpg

DwwCKfc.jpg

e2oFzgP.jpg

BOBv6gw.jpg

thanks. I added a threadmark to your post.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Wait, does Microsoft have a deal for Tekken? Is the next gen patch an exclusive? I don't know what to believe these days anymore with exclusivity :/

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, does Microsoft have a deal for Tekken? Is the next gen patch an exclusive? I don't know what to believe these days anymore with exclusivity :/

Considering One X never got one and only PS4 Pro got an enhancement patch beforehand, we can probably assume if there is a 'deal' in place, it certainly isn't with Xbox.