• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Mainmanswe got early access to S4.

This is a good beginning Bamco, obviously it's time to embrace people outside your company to promote the game and hopefully they will listen to their suggestions (like very obvious broken moves).

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
MainMan has also been streaming for the past two hours on Twitch going over character changes

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man I really hope that SoulCalibur 6 gets this much love in the future. I'd love to see a third season pass at least.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Since you have the base game, the only way to get everything is to buy the following:
- Eliza (she was a free pre-order bonus character)
- Season Pass 1
- Season Pass 2
- Season Pass 3
- Season Pass 4

For someone without the base game, it is simpler to get everything:
- Tekken 7 Ultimate Edition (includes SP1, SP2 and Eliza)
- Season Pass 3
- Season Pass 4
God that's the one thing I hate about Fighting games' season passes. Early buyers draw the short stick. You have to rebuy the first few dlc packs to get the best deal.

MK11 is doing the same thing. I bought the deluxe edition for like $80 (however much it was at launch) so my options are to spend $40 on Aftermath (which comes with SP1) PLUS SP2, or buy Ultimate. In that case NRS made it a bit easier for us.

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on pricing? The last season with 2 characters cost $25, and I'm pretty sure I won't spend a cent on the new one unless it's at least below $10. I didn't buy S3 until it was $12 I'm pretty sure.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
God that's the one thing I hate about Fighting games' season passes. Early buyers draw the short stick. You have to rebuy the first few dlc packs to get the best deal.

MK11 is doing the same thing. I bought the deluxe edition for like $80 (however much it was at launch) so my options are to spend $40 on Aftermath (which comes with SP1) PLUS SP2, or buy Ultimate. In that case NRS made it a bit easier for us.
For Tekken 7, none of the DLC was released without the Season Pass it was a part of being released first. The exception is Eliza, but she was released for free with a pre-order.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
This is really good news.

According to Mihawk the game feels almost like offline against his spanish opponent which was previously a laggy 3 bar (Germany to Spain).
He's really happy and this with the wifi indicator will hopefully result in matches without terrible lag.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Very curious about these netcode improvements. I'm not expecting MK11 level, but Virtua Fighter Final Showdown from 2010 level would be nice.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
According to the user I quoted, Ultimate Edition includes SP1 and 2.
You misunderstood my post.

What I replied to was the assertion that people could buy individual DLC content for Tekken 7 before a full Season Pass was available. That never happened. Any DLC released for the game came either simultaneously or after the Season Pass associated with it. T7 owners were never nickle and dimed into making small purchases first.

The T7 Ultimate edition came out a year after Season 2 released and it was aimed at non-T7 owners who wanted all of the available content as it came with S1 and S2 along with the base game and Eliza. No one with T7 needed that since they already owned the base game, and everyone at the time could buy S3 separately.

The same is true now... if you don't have T7, get the Ultimate Edition pus S3 and S4. If you do have T7, simply buy in Season Pass you don't own (plus Eliza separately) and in both cases, you'll have everything.

Oct 25, 2017
That early access for a bunch of streamers ruffled some feathers, huh? Not really sure how to feel about it either. I kinda like that discovery process everyone is going through at the same time.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so good... and it's free on Game Pass but still 720p on One X so that's still a no from me Harada-san.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time Kunimitsu has been a non-joke (or at least non-tertiary) character? Back when I paid attention to Tekken she was never very strong and had very cloned movesets.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
I'm a One X player here. I've been playing Tekken in 720p since vanilla 6 and I'm used to it, so I guess the fact that I'm still playing in 720p doesn't bother me that much. I don't know what I'm missing, I guess. Plus in the heat of battle, with no frame drops, I guess I just don't care as much?

Hopefully the game will be patched at least on Series S/X.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Harada feel this whole early access thing is nonsense.

Wait early access on rollback netcode? Whoever made that call needs to fucking go because they literally don't know what the fuck they're doing. You need as many people playing possible to know how well it works across as many situations as possible. Early access to anything in fighters is inherently stupid and counterproductive.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Played against someone who is in France. I could tell there was some input delay but it was quite playable.

Oct 25, 2017
SP4 should be live worldwide. $15 for the pass, $6 for Kuni, and $3 for the stage. The pass is still a bit hefty for me at over $7 per character so I'll wait on that for a bit.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Just got mine on Steam. Looking forward to sitting down with this. Have been away from T7 for longer than I'd like

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I still have no idea what this netcode is. I THINK it's a weird bastard mix between delay and SOMETHING that may be rollback.

Anyway, it's an impressive improvement, but still nowhere close to the best rollback netcodes out there like Guilty Gear R+.

Oct 25, 2017
I still have no idea what this netcode is. I THINK it's a weird bastard mix between delay and SOMETHING that may be rollback.

Anyway, it's an impressive improvement, but still nowhere close to the best rollback netcodes out there like Guilty Gear R+.
Haven't tried it yet, but consensus from r/Tekken seems to be that it's MUCH better than it was before. It's supposedly better feeling than any other delay implementation but not nearing the smoothness of any half-decent rollback netcode.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
There's no embargo on this, and this kind of pre-release hype trickle isn't Ars Technica's domain, so I'm offering to you, ERA.

Tekken's PR group has confirmed to various members of the press that "in March, a new character will join the fight in TEKKEN 7 as the latest DLC character entering The King of Iron Fist Tournament." The same email includes an offer of "a hoodie and a special item that teases the next character joining the TEKKEN 7 line-up of playable characters." The hoodie has the Mishima Zaibatsu logo on its front. The "special item" is unclear.

173-1737783_mishima-zaibatsu-symbol-hd-png-download.png

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's no embargo on this, and this kind of pre-release hype trickle isn't Ars Technica's domain, so I'm offering to you, ERA.

Tekken's PR group has confirmed to various members of the press that "in March, a new character will join the fight in TEKKEN 7 as the latest DLC character entering The King of Iron Fist Tournament." The same email includes an offer of "a hoodie and a special item that teases the next character joining the TEKKEN 7 line-up of playable characters." The hoodie has the Mishima Zaibatsu logo on its front. The "special item" is unclear.

Thanks for the update! I have no idea what that emblem means though.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

Another Zaibatsu adjacent character? Maybe one of Lars' friends? Thanks for the update!

romey

Mar 2, 2020
This game is so hard to get into. I may drop it. I thought it was newb friendly.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
It's the Mishima Zaibatsu corporation logo, so, the next cast member could be an existing connection to that. Jinpachi? I'm not versed enough to wager any substantive guesses.
If it's Jinpachi or someone with his moveset i'd be over the moon
This game is so hard to get into. I may drop it. I thought it was newb friendly.
You must have never heard of it before picking it up. It is kinda infamous for being overwhelming

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
The tease is for that weird sex Zaibatsu lady soldier concept they tossed around for one of the games?

EDIT: I'm guessing this lady

latest

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's Kiryu fighting back against Mishima Zaibatsu having a foothold in Kamurucho

Oh it could be the next main character for Tekken 8, this would be a nice tease

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks for sharing this. Murray did tweet that we're going to get new information about the new character sometime this month.