• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm betting there are at least several prolific serial killers on the loose throughout the country.
There's def some elderly ones still about. Golden state was just caught a year or two ago (in fact I️ think he just confessed recently). Idk about newer ones as it's easier to trace people these days. Spree killers have kinda replaced them in terms of multiple kills.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
There were feet washing up on the beach a few years ago and I don't believe they ever figured out where they came from

I have a friend in Vancouver Police Dept. and he has a theory.

The docks in Vancouver have a heavy gang presence. When they want somebody disappeared, they seal it in a bag and a diver takes it under the container ships that are always docked here. They rope the body up to the bottom of the ship and it carries it out to sea, where it decomposes and bits become detached

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend in Vancouver Police Dept. and he has a theory.

The docks in Vancouver have a heavy gang presence. When they want somebody disappeared, they seal it in a bag and a diver takes it under the container ships that are always docked here. They rope the body up to the bottom of the ship and it carries it out to sea, where it decomposes and bits become detached

I posted the wiki for it, but they seem to come from places as far as India. Some of them were ruled suicides, but not all of them. It's super creepy.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
There's def some elderly ones still about. Golden state was just caught a year or two ago (in fact I️ think he just confessed recently). Idk about newer ones as it's easier to trace people these days. Spree killers have kinda replaced them in terms of multiple kills.
only 63% of murders are solved nationally, significantly lower in some regions. Native women, black women, trans women, can be killed in numbers before any real investigation is started. Native women are missing and murdered at an INSANE rate.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Fuck out of here with this shit. This isn't an age issue, this is the same kind of attitude and thinking that leads to asshole like logan paul or whoever to share on youtube the fucking corpse of someone who commited suicide in the forest. You don't just magically gain BASIC EMPATHY when you turn a certain age.

Logan Paul is a 25 year old man. The kids in these videos look like a bunch of high schoolers.

I don't see how you can figure out from a 30 second video that these kids have no empathy....It seems like they just have bad judgment. They wanted to get attention from their peers for something exciting that happened to them. This is just the stupid shit that kids do, and have always done, because they have poor judgment. It doesn't make them evil. Certainly a parent or someone should tell these kids why it's bad to share this on social media, but that's not who anyone in this thread is. It's just a bunch of adults judging children for having worse judgment than they do.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
To the people saying how terrible it is that they shared this to TikTok, keep in mind these are just children. Their brains don't work like yours. No doubt it's bad that the experience was turned into internet content, but it never sits right with me when people's takeaway from stories like this is how stupid and bad the kids and their tiktoks are. It's basically just a bunch of grown men insulting and judging teenage girls for being tasteless on social media. I don't really think adults should be commenting on the moral standing of a bunch of kids.

There really is a defence force for everything.

Come on son, they're intentionally using this death as a way to push status on a social media platform. They added creepy music and hashtagged the fuck out of it. This is even worse than the Jake (or Logan? Iunno) incident in the Suicide forest in Japan.

They absolutely should be criticised. People should criticise the moral standing of people who do abhorrent things whether they're 50, 30, 20 or 16.

It's horribly dystopian that a teenager finds a fucking dismembered body in a suitcase and their main takeaway from that is "this would be fantastic way to get more followers on TikTok".

Straight up no thank you. I ain't getting lured to some murder barn. There needs to be more controls or awareness of the app since it's becoming a craze for teenagers.

Just brought back memories to when I found a dead body in the woods with his thumbs cut off.

We thought he was sleeping at first. Until we poked him with sticks and there was no response.

Shit, I must've been 10 or 11.

What.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Logan Paul is a 25 year old man. The kids in these videos look like a bunch of high schoolers.

I don't see how you can figure out from a 30 second video that these kids have no empathy....It seems like they just have bad judgment. They wanted to get attention from their peers for something exciting that happened to them. This is just the stupid shit that kids do, and have always done, because they have poor judgment. It doesn't make them evil. Certainly a parent or someone should tell these kids why it's bad to share this on social media, but that's not who anyone in this thread is. It's just a bunch of adults judging children for having worse judgment than they do.

You think finding a dismembered corpse in a suitcase is "something exciting"?

JFC.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
only 63% of murders are solved nationally, significantly lower in some regions. Native women, black women, trans women, can be killed in numbers before any real investigation is started. Native women are missing and murdered at an INSANE rate.
Oh I️ know. They're referred to as the "less dead" shit is scary out there

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
You think finding a dismembered corpse in a suitcase is "something exciting"?

JFC.

Don't be obtuse. I'm talking about from the perspective of the kids.

I'm just saying, they are just children. No kidding they have bad judgment. I don't know why a bunch of grown men on the internet need to talk about how evil a group of teenage girls are because they acted tasteless on social media. It has nothing to do with the story.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

for those curious, I've been reading up on the subreddit on people sharing their experiences. Seems legit random with some formula I'm not going to try to learn. What it boils down to seems to be you get the app, put your intent of what you aim to look for and the app selects a point for you. Confirmation bias seems to be at play depending on what you're looking for a lot of the time, but coincidences themselves can be fun/creepy.

For what it's worth, someone else in the subreddit posted that they were searching for something related to 'babies' and found another small suitcase in an abandoned area. I call it extreme coincidence and I am hoping that person is not based off Seattle and I just happened to read that one.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just saying, they are just children. No kidding they have bad judgment. I don't know why a bunch of grown men on the internet need to talk about how evil a group of teenage girls are because they acted tasteless on social media. It has nothing to do with the story.
What post has said what they did was evil? People have said it's tastless. Don't move the goal post cuz you're in the wrong

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Speaking of being obtuse though, are you genuinely confused as to why people are critical of teens posting video of a dead body to social media?

Coffee

Oct 27, 2017
Malmö

How do you think people like logan paul become that way? It's shitty parents and peers giving the same tired excuse you're giving.

How do I figure that they have no empathy? Because they care more about getting attention than they do about respecting the dead. You can see them in the video going "Here's the crime scene! wooo" it's all a fucking joke to them.

I don't understand why you're so fucking invested in defending these kids, it's not like I'm trying to ruin their life. They fucking suck, this is not normal teenage behavior. Stop making excuses for shitty teens.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

...the story is... about them finding the suitcase and posting the TikTok?

Okay I'll play your game, the perspective of the children is that this dismembered corpse in a suitcase is "this is exciting!" and you think we aren't allowed to judge them for having that reaction?

My man. This isn't the hill to die on. No one is going over board; they're quite rightly criticising their lack of empathy and actions.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is so much stupidity on display here. Using app that points you to some random ass location because that will never end terribly for you and posting about a murdered victim you found publicly on your social media account.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is seemingly a numerous amount of coincidences. And the location of that suitcase was hardly discreet.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
There is so much stupidity on display here. Using app that points you to some random ass location because that will never end terribly for you and posting about a murdered victim you found publicly on your social media account.
This isn't new, my gf and I used to go geocatching all the time in our town. Its fun....though specifically th website we used would give clues to an area and what to look for.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
So this Randonaut thing is basically just Pokemon GO with slightly less danger and significantly fewer pokemon?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So this Randonaut thing is basically just Pokemon GO with slightly less danger and significantly fewer pokemon?
i gave it a quick go for curiosity's sake without actually going to the location. You don't really input anything besides choosing what type of random generated point type you want (aka a 'hot zone' or a 'cold zone' of random generated points), and it shows you a live GPS map like any other google map of your current location and destination. As far as your intent, it just tells you to think about something, not input any text of 'I want to search for _________' . So less chances of fuckery at least.

Pokemon Go had tons of people going to potentially dangerous situations to catch pokemon such as hanging around private property at weird times to get pokemon or even trespassing to get pokemon. It also didn't stop until you found the one point, it would keep showing you nearby pokemon.

This app on the other hand just gives you a point on a gps map and someone's confirmation bias kicks in to justify what they were thinking of. But without putting limiters where the random generated point can go, such as private property/land, I would hope people arent dumb enough to trespass anywhere not public.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
I don't get how this app pointed them to a suitcase with limbs in it. It's just a coincidence?

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Fucking love geocaching.
(Not catching lol)
Yeah I don't know why I spelt it that way lol. It's a great date idea....if you already know the person. We did it in our first date (never knew each other before...met at an eb games lineup at xmas lol) after our date we both talked about how dumb it was that we just trusted each other to go into a forest being strangers to each other. 7 years later we still so it lol.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't know why I spelt it that way lol. It's a great date idea....if you already know the person. We did it in our first date (never knew each other before...met at an eb games lineup at xmas lol) after our date we both talked about how dumb it was that we just trusted each other to go into a forest being strangers to each other. 7 years later we still so it lol.
Yooo you stole my date idea!

Nah, it really really is. Great first date adventure. I've done it a few times. Even when we can't find the thing, it's great. And congrats! Geocaching really connects people and is one of the rare good things the internet has done. Luckily, not many people know about it.

This post will self-destruct in 10 minutes.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how this app pointed them to a suitcase with limbs in it. It's just a coincidence?

That's what I'm trying to understand. Where are these random points of interest coming from? If it is literally just a general GPS location that it picked and there happened to be a body in a suitcase there, that's really fucking weird.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yo wtf. How often are serial killers a thing? I feel like mass shootings are often but news of a serial killer actually being on the front page?

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
this reminds me of news about people finding dead bodies in rivers while playing Pokemon GO.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was watching a video about this just now...

The YTber reporting on the App tried it out and actually came across a bunch of ambulances where the place pointed. Kind of eerie tbh.

Makes me wonder if somehow the app could detect where the abulances were called to and somehow that factored into what point was generated?

Not going to lie I kind of want to try this out tomorrow.

Edit: as far as I know I don't think folks can use the app to lure people to places so apart from coincidentally going on to like someone's private property and them shooting you, I assume as long as I play it safe I'll be fine.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
I was watching a video about this just now...

The YTber reporting on the App tried it out and actually came across a bunch of ambulances where the place pointed. Kind of eerie tbh.

Makes me wonder if somehow the app could detect where the abulances were called to and somehow that factored into what point was generated?

Not going to lie I kind of want to try this out tomorrow.

Edit: as far as I know I don't think folks can use the app to lure people to places so apart from coincidentally going on to like someone's private property and them shooting you, I assume as long as I play it safe I'll be fine.
It's a coincidence.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck out of here with this shit. This isn't an age issue, this is the same kind of attitude and thinking that leads to asshole like logan paul or whoever to share on youtube the fucking corpse of someone who commited suicide in the forest. You don't just magically gain BASIC EMPATHY when you turn a certain age.

Totally agree.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Can't even begin to imagine what that must've been like :/