• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NcisJa7.png

A Missouri couple now has a parking spot/skylight connected to their master bedroom, after a car somehow crashed through their roof early Sunday.

No one was injured in the fluke car-on-house collision, which happened around 2 a.m. while the couple was sleeping in Eureka, Mo., the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports.

Fire officials say two teenagers were travelling down a nearby highway in a Chevrolet Malibu just before the crash occurred.

The car swerved off Legends Parkway, smashed into a tree, rolled end-over-end down an embankment, crashed through a wrought iron fence, "saucered" through the air and then plowed into the roof of the house below.

The car smashed through the roof of the master bedroom and stopped with its nose buried in a bathroom on the first floor. The homeowners were sleeping about 10 feet from where the car came in, officials said.

It was not immediately clear why the car lost control and no charges were announced.

More at:
globalnews.ca

Teens crash car through roof of sleeping couple’s bedroom - National | Globalnews.ca

Two teenagers were in the car when it swerved off a highway and plowed through the roof of a home in Eureka, Missouri.

Rewatch Donnie Darko if old

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Not the craziest thing I've seen

One time when I was living in my old home - a car crashed into my neighbor's house and lined up with their chimney - was quite a sight , thankfully no one died and it was funny seeing the driver throwing a thumbs up while he was taken away by the EMS on stretcher lol

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is insane that no one was hurt. What a horrifying moment that must have been for everyone involved

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Can't even begin to imagine what it was like for the couple sleeping to have a damn CAR crash through their house like that.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting conversation with your insurance adjuster for the homeowner.

"You had damage from what?"

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I lived on a hill for a long time and one day someone was learning to drive and didnt put the parking break up. And their car rolled right down the hill and into the living room I was playing games in lol

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Something happened like this in New Jersey in 2019 I think.

This line made me laugh so hard for some reason:

The homeowner woke up and used a hose to put out a small fire caused by the unexpected visitors.

"Ugh damn kids again. Honey, get the hose"

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what to say to that other than I hope everyone is okay. Happy that no one died, but damn, the injuries & PTSD that'll come from this.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I have a '74 Chevy Nova but I have zero delusions that I wouldn't be royally fucked if I got into a serious accident.
A 74 Nova is probably safer than that 59 Chevy or the 60 Cadillac, as by that point cars had federally mandated safety features like collapsible steering columns(probably the scariest thing about pre mid 60s cars is their solid steering columns) and more rigid bumpers that were required to absorb more of the energy. Also not being built on an X frame like that 59 Chevy helps.

I think both lap and over the shoulder seat belts were federally required by 1974 as well.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
No charges? Feels there must have been some extreme carelessness/negligence on the part of the teens for the car to end up like that. You're telling me they were driving under the speed limit lol?

Dec 6, 2017
US
A 74 Nova is probably safer than that 59 Chevy or the 60 Cadillac, as by that point cars had federally mandated safety features like collapsible steering columns(probably the scariest thing about pre mid 60s cars is their solid steering columns) and more rigid bumpers that were required to absorb more of the energy. Also not being built on an X frame like that 59 Chevy helps.

I think both lap and over the shoulder seat belts were federally required by 1974 as well.

Mine actually has seatbelts as a factory option. I have the original paperwork where the buyer checked the seatbelts box. Wild shit.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Drunk kid ran into our house when I was in high school. Luckily our house hard some stone work and a porch that took the brunt of it. It was dark, so we couldn't see him well. When the cops and parents came, turned out to be a family we knew and the mom was a person who always got off on acting better than us and was always awful to my mom. She never spoke up again after that.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Mine actually has seatbelts as a factory option. I have the original paperwork where the buyer checked the seatbelts box. Wild shit.
I'm not 100% sure when they made both mandated, my dads 65 Galaxie doesn't have seatbelts(who knows if it came from the factory with them or not), and my first car was a 1970 Maverick that only had lap belts. I thought at some point in the early 70s both lap and over the shoulder belts were mandated, but I could be wrong.

incidentally that 1965 Galaxie my dad owns was slammed into an apartment building in the early 80s during a street race by his friend who owned it at the time. They merely made sure the frame wasn't bent and switched out the front clip from another 1965 full size Ford and the car was good to go. Not all old cars were built the same.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The homeowners were sleeping about 10 feet from where the car came in, officials said.

Can you fucking imagine. Can you fucking imagine. The car isn't the only thing that could've killed the couple: a heart attack could have as well.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, like, freaky for the sleeping couple waking up suddenly to a car through their roof, but HOLY SHIT at the teenagers exiting the car on their own without injuries after crashing into a tree, flipping the car end over end, and tossing the car through the air into a house.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm not 100% sure when they made both mandated, my dads 65 Galaxie doesn't have seatbelts(who knows if it came from the factory with them or not), and my first car was a 1970 Maverick that only had lap belts. I thought at some point in the early 70s both lap and over the shoulder belts were mandated, but I could be wrong.

incidentally that 1965 Galaxie my dad owns was slammed into an apartment building in the early 80s during a street race by his friend who owned it at the time. They merely made sure the frame wasn't bent and switched out the front clip from another 1965 full size Ford and the car was good to go. Not all old cars were built the same.

All I read was 65 Galaxie and 70 Maverick and the jealousy got out of hand immediately. Yum.

I had a 69 Impala for a hot minute but unfortunately it turned out the frame was fucked.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
See America, this is why you build houses out of stone, not papier-mâché.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Something similar happened in my hometown when I was younger. This apartment building was situated at a bend in a major road and apparently some asshole completely missed the bend at some high speed in the night and the car launched itself over some concrete barrier. There was a picture in the newspaper and the car's front-end was literally suspended about a foot or less above a couple's bed, where they were both stuck due to debris blocking the path out. One of them received 2nd degree burns on the shoulders from the vehicle's fluids dripping onto him. Totally nuts.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
All I read was 65 Galaxie and 70 Maverick and the jealousy got out of hand immediately. Yum.
I don't have the Maverick any more, I sold it to my brother some years back(I was across country in the Navy at the time and I wasn't doing anything with it, was just taking up space in my parents back yard) who worked on it for a while but eventually lost interest and sold it to someone my dad knew, who actually did rebuild it so that's good it's seeing a new life instead of being scrapped. Wish I still had it, one of these days I'd like to buy another one.

having that car as a first car taught me a lot about driving though, because it was the most basic car you could imagine and the only convenience it really had to aid me in driving was power steering. It had a 250ci inline six, 1 barrel carb, three on the tree manual transmission, and drum brakes all around. Not a fun car to drive in any sort of inclement weather, it took me two winters of driving that car before I said screw this and picked up a cheap Dodge Neon(which itself wasn't a great car, but it did what I needed it to do) to drive in the snow and ice instead.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I don't have the Maverick any more, I sold it to my brother some years back(I was across country in the Navy at the time and I wasn't doing anything with it, was just taking up space in my parents back yard) who worked on it for a while but eventually lost interest and sold it to someone my dad knew, who actually did rebuild it so that's good it's seeing a new life instead of being scrapped. Wish I still had it, one of these days I'd like to buy another one.

having that car as a first car taught me a lot about driving though, because it was the most basic car you could imagine and the only convenience it really had to aid me in driving was power steering. It had a 250ci inline six, 1 barrel carb, three on the tree manual transmission, and drum brakes all around. Not a fun car to drive in any sort of inclement weather, it took me two winters of driving that car before I said screw this and picked up a cheap Dodge Neon(which itself wasn't a great car, but it did what I needed it to do) to drive in the snow and ice instead.

My Nova actually had that exact Straight 6 when I bought it...but someone had put a 4 barrel carb & Clifford intake on it, goofy. I swapped the engine for an '89 Camaro ZZ small block with a friend some years back and it's a thing of beauty. I like a mean, ugly sounding car. I'm actually about to invest some money in the suspension, the front end is totally shot and steering feels wobbly.

Also, I hear ya, my first car was a '76 Town Car in Queens, NY. That was fun in the winter and street parking.