• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Just marathoned it with my friend and SO. Great shit! We got almost every item, I think. You can tell it's filled to the brim with love.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Man I just can't get a good "feel" with the combat on Gnarly, feel it's where I see a lot of flaws with boss design whether it's too much "downtime" before a good opening, or getting fucked because of that whole getting it by attack on a completely different "plane" that's been so prevalent in TMNT games.
Yes, this difficulty really highlights balance issues with that and becomes more of an endurance.

We need to play together and also fight each other lol
Lol. Can't wait for the TMNT collection as well.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Well the most I made it on Gnarly is 12.

Yeah this difficulty is balanced like trash lmao. The fact it's safer to taunt + super says everything you need to know about it.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Well the most I made it on Gnarly is 12.

Yeah this difficulty is balanced like trash lmao. The fact it's safer to taunt + super says everything you need to know about it.
On Story or Arcade?

But yeah taunt in a corner is the way to go for it or else...

I also found Level 13 to be one of the worst in the game along with 11 for that difficulty.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the dumb question, I don't play online very often. How do I join random peoples games on Xbox? I click on join games and instantly it tells me there's nothing to join.

I created my own "public" party but then other people don't join?

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or people literally aren't joining.

I assume this had something to do with the Xbox privacy settings? I put it onto more social.

Edit: I'm dumb. Have to press LB at the character select screen

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
On Story or Arcade?

But yeah taunt in a corner is the way to go for it or else...

I also found Level 13 to be one of the worst in the game along with 11 for that difficulty.
Slash that, made it to 13 and yeah it was on arcade. Those stone soldier sure love to charge nonstop. I love the game but Gnarly bring out the worst of its problems, from numerous forced "downtime" with bosses to taunt + special spam just to be safe. It's...yeah.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry for the dumb question, I don't play online very often. How do I join random peoples games on Xbox? I click on join games and instantly it tells me there's nothing to join.

I created my own "public" party but then other people don't join?

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or people literally aren't joining.

I assume this had something to do with the Xbox privacy settings? I put it onto more social.

Edit: I'm dumb. Have to press LB at the character select screen

You can also press the LB button on the main map, it'll bring up others on whatever level you're current over as well.

Apr 19, 2018
Anyone else find it annoying that some pizza health refills are hidden inside breakable crates and boxes? It's way too easy to break and then collect one by accident, making it harder to coordinate with other players who might need it more.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Played for a few hours with my nieces and my sister at a Father's Day gathering today. Brought back a flood of nostalgia. So much fun to just mash away and they all had great time.

Dastidood

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, even 1 jump kick-dive kick is enough to flip them over and then you can combo them after them.
Thanks man...
Any tricks like the "attack, attack, attack, dodge, attack" cancel for extending the combos...?
Give me some pointers to make combat as flashy as SOR4...

Last edited:

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Playing through this on hard primarily with Raphael as he was always my favorite. Really enjoying it and a bit surprised its as long as it is.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Really lame when you have a good arcade run going, then some idiot joins later and "stops" the game by not selecting a character or literally abandoning their character mid level without disconnecting.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Slash that, made it to 13 and yeah it was on arcade. Those stone soldier sure love to charge nonstop. I love the game but Gnarly bring out the worst of its problems, from numerous forced "downtime" with bosses to taunt + special spam just to be safe. It's...yeah.
When you deal with charge enemies it's really tough to find a spot to even taunt(and it's worse with 2+ enemies), in fact the only way I can safely taunt is to bait charge enemies into one corner and then from above or below try to taunt as they stop and hope they don't end up punching me. They need a cool down on their charging.

But yeah I sometimes do special spam on certain bosses if they drag on too long or aren't as safe to fight head on.

Thanks man...
Any tricks like the "attack, attack, attack, dodge, attack" cancel for extending the combos...?
Give me some pointers to make combat as flashy as SOR4...
TBH, I don't normally do those as much, but instead I found something that's often better for this game(which is something I don't really see people doing) and that is to do slide attack into up-kicks/dive kicks and spam them repeatedly. Sliding attacks often lets you go under projectiles, can even hit tougher enemies, shielded enemies and those that even block as well if hit from a distance, and the up kicks-dive kicks are also good for attacking groups of enemies and have them launch and bounce every way for more combo potential.

By just spamming those moves it helps you defeat many enemies pretty easily and often quickly. It also works on various bosses as well, definitely the up kicks-dive kicks.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Beat story mode with Mikey earlier today. Games a total blast and nostalgia trip. I hope there's eventual DLC with maybe some new levels and characters. Maybe even new modes? That'd be awesome 'cause it's fun to play.

Finishing this finally got me to start up Streets of Rage 4 and holy shit that game is fantastic

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Beat the game on hardest.

Holy shit why is the early game so much worse designed than the later game? The car boss and rat king boss almost made me quit playing. In fact, the later bosses had much easier patterns in general and was overall more enjoyable to fight.

Played the game 2 players and 3 players. Oddly enough 2 players was miserable while 3 players was actually enjoyable in a turn your brain off kind of way. Much easier to just spam taunt and super lol Overall the mechanics in the game are kinda weird. There's lots of stuff there but not much reason to use a lot of it. Enemies don't have enough health to justify long combos, super trivialize a lot of tools, anti-air doesn't consistently anti air, throwing feels really wonky. Overall I had fun, but it's not anywhere close to the top of my beat em up list, or even top recent beat em ups list.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
That was super adorable... but... did... she say Rhino's penis at the end?

huh-protecting-rhinos-in-kaziranga-national-park.gif

OP
OP
Genesius

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Phew, still got the trophy for hard arcade mode despite dying at Super Shredder two hits before he got taken out.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The high five system can be really fucking annoying. Seems like sometimes it just doesn't wanna work and usually when you need it the most.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The game is downright incredible in every way and I couldn't have asked for more.

The only complaint I have is that cross-play using the Steam version doesn't work. Luckily the devs are looking into it but in the meantime, Steam Remote Play is working very nicely.

Metalmucil

Aug 17, 2019
Does this game have infinite continues as an option? My kid loves playing the old Turtles games via emulation so he can actually beat them. So if this has an option like that I'll definitely go pick it up.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. To the dude that joined our gnarly arcade match that we were about to finish, only to be Splinter and not do anything, fuck you man. Fuck you so hard. Legit like 2 hours wasted, wow.

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
Finally got to beat Arcade mode on hard, joined a lobby with 5 other randoms, it took a lot of taunts, revivals and by the time we reached the final boss only 3 of us were left alive, good thing I had done the no damage challenge before, that way I was able to read shredder's move without issues.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Does this game have infinite continues as an option? My kid loves playing the old Turtles games via emulation so he can actually beat them. So if this has an option like that I'll definitely go pick it up.
The story mode basically has unlimited continues in that after you lose all your lives you can retry the level and even change character without penalty but you have to start from the beginning of the stage if you lose your lives, no in level continues

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Do the multiple endings in this game require full Story Mode playthroughs or can you just beat the final level with each character to unlock each one?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So what's your strategy for fighting Rocksteady and Bebop at the end of Mutants over Broadway? It seems that no matter what I do I always get hit by their stupid car.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Not watched the original toon since I was a kid so it's hard to remember. Are all the characters in this from that show? Or are some in other things and made to look like the 80s toon?