• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never used it, using 3 supers in tandem with normal attacks will yield more damage and meter in the long run.

Unless it gets far more useful on the hardest difficulty, I dont really see the need to use it. Supers are insanely useful, for a third of the super bar requirement.

Utterly useless, a full combo does about the same as a super so it isn't even worth because you don't have the i-frames

It's not radical enough to use it.

Glad I'm not alone on this. That mode definitely needs some extra juice to actually make it viable.

So does anyone know if the EXP you get from the collectible missions is applied to EVERY character on your save file or just the one you claim the reward with?

Just the one

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The pixel art is amazing. Takes me back to the 90s in a way that other Turtles games didn't over the last 10-15 years.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So does anyone know if the EXP you get from the collectible missions is applied to EVERY character on your save file or just the one you claim the reward with?

The one you are playing as. You need to start new games to reset everything. Its what I've been doing to grind out the max everyone achievement

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Excellent video Dark1x ! Whew, that framerate looks rough on Switch with multiplayer; does it run any better with fewer players like, say, two or three total?

I played three player docked with my kids today and it felt absolutely fine. In the video they even said it was only an issue when like five or six players were firing off super moves at the same time so it seems fine to me.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to do some multiplayer today with two of my kids and they had a blast. My daughter even told my wife "I loved playing this game with Dad" after I left for work.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone has an issue with the options not saving after you shutdown and restart the game? It's weird too. My jump button saved, but the rest of my control changes don't save. It doesn't save my screen shaking or hold button of break loose also doesn't save after I shut down.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Anyone has an issue with the options not saving after you shutdown and restart the game? It's weird too. My jump button saved, but the rest of my control changes don't save. It doesn't save my screen shaking or hold button of break loose also doesn't save after I shut down.
I freaked out with this on arcade. I set my Xbox to not have power saving, so I had no idea really how to shut this obelisk down to save my game

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I beat it with Raphael two days ago and I started playing with April yesterday. She feels very OP and I love it. I tried Casey before that and he kinda sucks.

also I hate flying enemies because that hit box makes no sense and Radical mode is worthless.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Why did no one tell me that April was secretly the best character in the game? I wrecked the Technodrome levels with her like it was nothing.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that Donatello was the worst. So far he's the only character that I've had multiple game overs with.
I never had a single game over with him and I played this game on Normal and Hard. He has the range game and an awesome super that sucks enemies into it which is handy for ones across the screen.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
April has the best launcher by far, though I like Leo's aerial more than anyone else's. That buzzsaw move does so much damage to enemies.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I do wish the scoring system was a bit closer to Turtles in Time. Where the slam gave 2 points and throwing enemies at the screen gave 3, made it easier to get extra lives which seem like it'll be handy on Gnarly.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Instead of the super attacks we have, I wish Shredder's Revenge had Manhattan Project's version, where you always had access to a strong attack but at the cost of a health point.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish the scoring system was a bit closer to Turtles in Time. Where the slam gave 2 points and throwing enemies at the screen gave 3, made it easier to get extra lives which seem like it'll be handy on Gnarly.
On Gnarly you want every single extra life you can get in Arcade mode(which you normally earn up to 11 lives in it).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished arcade mode, solo normal difficulty. That's one easy 1CC. I had lives to spare... many lives. Hard mode will be an entirely different story. Not sure who I'll use to tackle it - its between Don, April and Mikey (all rock). April especially can build meter so easily (outside of cheating... I mean taunting) that I just love using her.
One thing Id definitely like tweaked - on stage 11, the game should totally give you some sort of prompt when the Triceritons charge at you from off screen. I took more damage than I should have thanks to that... You cant see it coming or react to them like that. On screen its fine, but off screen? Id have to basically learn the level back to front to avoid them (which to be fair, gimme a few more hours and I'll be there).

Arcade as a whole is definitely long (2+ hours for me) but I still loved every minute of it. While long, it basically has no bad stage, its all so fun. Its actually rare that the most I have to complain about is Rat King and off screen attacks. Usually there's a boss that I completely despise (Rat King is a mild annoyance)

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, he would be rough to 1CC Arcade version with.

I rate the Turtles in that version based on forward specials since you really need to rely on it way more than regular attacks and I would say Mikey's is the best followed by Donatello because both of theirs move them forward to hit more enemies in front and move away from enemies that try to hit you from behind. Leo and Raph sadly has their forward special not move them at all and that means they are vulnerable after using it because of recovery frames, not moving them means they hit less enemies in front and are open to getting hit from behind easier. But Raph is just the worst turtle in that version sadly because the range on his forward special is the worst of all the turtles.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Just beat the 3rd level with my friend and going to play more later. Loveeee the art style and music. My complaint so far: is X the only button to attack? I checked the move list and it looks like X is the only button to attack and B is to roll and A to jump. I'm getting bored mashing X and wish there was more attacks/combos. Am I missing something?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man I just can't get a good "feel" with the combat on Gnarly, feel it's where I see a lot of flaws with boss design whether it's too much "downtime" before a good opening, or getting fucked because of that whole getting it by attack on a completely different "plane" that's been so prevalent in TMNT games.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the 3rd level with my friend and going to play more later. Loveeee the art style and music. My complaint so far: is X the only button to attack? I checked the move list and it looks like X is the only button to attack and B is to roll and A to jump. I'm getting bored mashing X and wish there was more attacks/combos. Am I missing something?
Have you read the moves list? One attack button but there's plenty to do with it including:
Charge attacks
Dodge attacks
Anti air attacks (attack and jump button together)
Dive and somersault attacks

And of course you have several super moves mixed into that. When you clear later levels, especially on harder difficulties, you'll be relying on mixing things up more and more, just mashing your normal combo wont really cut it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone managed to complete any of the "don't get hit throughout the entire level" challenges? If so, how?

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Oof, he would be rough to 1CC Arcade version with.

I rate the Turtles in that version based on forward specials since you really need to rely on it way more than regular attacks and I would say Mikey's is the best followed by Donatello because both of theirs move them forward to hit more enemies in front and move away from enemies that try to hit you from behind. Leo and Raph sadly has their forward special not move them at all and that means they are vulnerable after using it because of recovery frames, not moving them means they hit less enemies in front and are open to getting hit from behind easier. But Raph is just the worst turtle in that version sadly because the range on his forward special is the worst of all the turtles.

We need to play together and also fight each other lol

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
After using all the characters multiple times my favorites are:
1- Leonardo
2- April
3- Splinter
4- Raph(he's my favorite turtle but the range OOF, still really fun)
5- Casey
6- Donatello
7- Mikey

OP
OP
Genesius

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
My daughter and I beat the story mode together today. She did great! Clutch beat some bosses for us.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Tried Mikey and I'm surprised how great he felt. He gets lots of air with his Manhattan Project special and he's got good bounce like April.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Have you read the moves list? One attack button but there's plenty to do with it including:
Charge attacks
Dodge attacks
Anti air attacks (attack and jump button together)
Dive and somersault attacks

And of course you have several super moves mixed into that. When you clear later levels, especially on harder difficulties, you'll be relying on mixing things up more and more, just mashing your normal combo wont really cut it.

I did check the move list as my original post stated. I still saw 98% A attacks. The charge attack you just hold A bingo. The jump attacks you just jump and press A bingo. It's a good game but wish the combat was a little more deeper.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This game finally broke me and got me to buy Hori Split Pad Pros since I play in handheld so often. I like them, but just due to how large they are, it makes it hard to pack them up and carry with my Switch.

I think I'm even going to go the extra mile and dpad mod (replacement shell) my Joycon in the near future, but the Split Pad Pro is nice in the meantime.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I did check the move list as my original post stated. I still saw 98% A attacks. The charge attack you just hold A bingo. The jump attacks you just jump and press A bingo. It's a good game but wish the combat was a little more deeper.

I mean its a side-scrolling beat-em-up. This is exactly what these games were. And compared to the older turtles games this game is ridiculously deep. You can actually juggle combo in this game.