• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Am I seriously the only one who can't play this game? Digital switch version keeps freezing after the Nickelodeon screen pops off. This is stupid.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
My idea for Turtles 6 is very much based on Turtles Forever. It would have a similar setup to Turtles in Time but instead of traveling through time, the original cartoon crew is traveling through the multiverse.

You would start off in their universe, just like the beginning of Turtles in Time, and then jump to a new universe every 2-3 levels (2003 cartoon, 2012 cartoon, 2018 cartoon, original black and white comic, 1990 film series, 2014 film series). The art style would change to match each of those universes but the sprites for the OG Turtles that you play as would remain the same, leading to some really funny visuals at times.

You could unlock skins based on the Turtles from each of those universes as well.
Yeah that's definitely the way to go for a sequel that will get more people talking. As much as I love pixel art, I think they should go in a cartoony SoR4, Cuphead, Battletoads etc kinda look.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've completed the story mode. I did it with a couple of online randoms.

It's exactly the type of thing you think it is. And that's a good thing.

It has a 20 page list of moves, but you really can finish the game with knowing just two moves. It's mindless fun.

I would recommend it to anyone with GP. Do not pay £20 for this game, though. It's way too short for that.
Some people play games for quality, not quantity. I wouldn't want this game to be needlessly bloated. Plus the game is intended to be replayed for unlockables unless you just dropped the game with most of the map incomplete. And there's 6 x 2.5 hour endings.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah that's definitely the way to go for a sequel that will get more people talking. As much as I love pixel art, I think they should go in a cartoony SoR4, Cuphead, Battletoads etc kinda look.

I'm imagining the sprites we know now walking around a CG-esque world for the 2012 series and a realistic-looking world for the live action films and it's just the best image.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm imagining the sprites we know now walking around a CG-esque world for the 2012 series and a realistic-looking world for the live action films and it's just the best image.
Funny, I was actually just thinking of how it would implement the movie sprites. First thing that came to mind was digitized actors lol.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
This game is fantastic. I love it, easily one of my favorite beat 'em ups after playing through. It makes me reflect on how ugly the Xbox Arcade version of turtles in time was. Wasn't a fan of that one. It makes me happy to see pixel art this good in a high profile brawler.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I do love this game's visuals but I am also a massive sucker for CRT filters in pixel art games.

Going to echo the hope that it gets added in for free later.

Multiple Story Mode save slots and a good CRT filter are my two biggest wants.

I think I personally agree that SOR4 has deeper and overall better design but the enjoyment factor of this game is higher for me, nonetheless. The Turtles franchise being handled so lovingly here gives it a big x-factor for me, though both series are very dear to me. Heck, the simpler gameplay actually makes this a lot easier for my partner to stay into and play coop with me, so already appreciating that on top of just the good vibes of feeling immersed in Turtlemania again.

This game is only bested by Elden Ring and OlliOlli World for me so far this year, and I think it might be in honest contention with OlliOlli.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh jeez. That's annoying.
Ah yeah, doesn't help you can just chill in the select character screen for as long as you want. It's an easy "fix" by setting a timer for picking a character, or perhaps you can't join the last part of the final stage if people are already in it. Can probably "abuse" it and stay till the end of a Gnarly campaign and get the trophy easy like this lol.

Anyway, it motivated me to get the trophy on my own and I just did so i'm happy.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking and maybe someone here knows. Pre-release, they said there would be cross play between Xbox and PC. However, my friends and I can't seem to find a way to connect between Xbox and Steam. Will be super sad if it's not possible.
So, I am confused. How can I game with my PC buddies. I am on Xbox and my friends are on PC. Do they have to buy the MS store version to be able to play with me? and does it need an Epic Games Account or not? In addition, I read that the Steam version does not crossplay with Xbox users for some reason? lol seems like an oversight.
You both have to link to epic game store and be friended on your epic accounts.

Last edited:

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I pity the players that have a playstyle where they don't move to the next stage until they get every challenge in a level. "Beat a stage without getting hit"? That's probably never happening for me.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I pity the players that have a playstyle where they don't move to the next stage until they get every challenge in a level. "Beat a stage without getting hit"? That's probably never happening for me.

If I was going for the no-hit challenge before moving on I'd probably still be playing the first stage.

OP
OP
Genesius

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
This game is literally the game of my childhood dreams. This level of fidelity and sheer absurdity of action on screen is what I always imagined playing TMNT II The Arcade Game on NES as a kid. I can feel the love the devs put into this title. One of the best licensed games of all time so far.
It feels and looks like the memory of the original arcade.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we had trouble getting everyone in the lobby and had to restart our games a couple times.

Oh nice. Glad you were able to get it to work! We tried restarting a few times but had no luck. My buddy could see my linked Epic/Xbox account via Steam and tried to invite me but nothing. I couldn't even see a way to invite them at all via the console side. It was a mess lol.

Thankfully I could just hop on my PC.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Finally finished it. That was fun. Looking forward to playing through co-op with some bros.

Only thing I did not like was a few of the last sections did not feel like it was introducing as much as it could have and some of the voice actors for the antagonists were a bit naff (I'm aware we can no longer get James Avery due to his passing) and come off as a bit forced. Outside of that, what a great game. Worthy of the Arcade and Turtles in Time.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I forgot to mention is Casey Jones voice definitely isn't his 80's voice. Sounds more like 2003 Casey, which can be quite jarring when you're expecting the over the top Duke Nukem sounding brute.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy with how this turned out, what a great love letter to old arcade beat em' ups

Also soundtrack is full of bangers but GOD DAMN King of the Spill

Apr 19, 2018
Love the soundtrack as a whole, but I did wish Tee Lopes graced up with at least one stage track featuring a fully formed rendition of the TV theme song, akin to, say, TMNT Arcade's Scene 2 or Turtles In Time's Big Apple 3AM and Star Base. Those stages are still the most hype-inducing to me for their stellar arrangements of the classic theme:

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Are there unlisted moves? There are two moves that I can get to randomly come out. As Splinter, he does the hurricane kick type move (not from getting the pow pizza, but it looks like that). As April, she kind of did a move where she was balled up but had a fire outline around her. Possible that the latter was a team up move, but the splinter one came out while I was playing solo

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Love the soundtrack as a whole, but I did wish Tee Lopes graced up with at least one stage track featuring a fully formed rendition of the TV theme song, akin to, say, TMNT Arcade's Scene 2 or Turtles In Time's Big Apple 3AM and Star Base. Those stages are still the most hype-inducing to me for their stellar arrangements of the classic theme:

This is my one minor disappointment with the OST. He sort of does it with the boss theme having that latter portion of the theme song, but that's pretty much the only time it happens.

I do love that a lot of the soundtrack makes very liberal use of those trademark orchestral hits Konami arcade OSTs used to employ, so even with a relatively diminished use of the TMNT leitmotif, it still very much channels the two arcade soundtracks.

RIP.

Crazy that I'm not experiencing these bugs yet though I bet it'll happen at some point.
Only bug I've had is Dirtbag somehow getting stuck in the animation for his insta-stun attack. He was still able to be hit though, so it was a free win, lol.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Only real glitch I've hit was in Dimension X. Game decided to spawn me directly over a pit after missing a jump. Lost a life before I was finally able to steer onto what the game thought was acceptable ground.

I've completed the story mode. I did it with a couple of online randoms.

It's exactly the type of thing you think it is. And that's a good thing.

It has a 20 page list of moves, but you really can finish the game with knowing just two moves. It's mindless fun.

I would recommend it to anyone with GP. Do not pay £20 for this game, though. It's way too short for that.
Who on earth would want to play a 20 hour beat 'em up?

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so much fun, really amazing in multi-player.

My 5 year old and 3 year old and I are clawing our way through the easiest mode together, lol. They go ballistic when new characters show up, and they don't even know the cartoon beyond the playable characters and Shredder.

This game has best-in-class presentation.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
This game is so much fun, really amazing in multi-player.

My 5 year old and 3 year old and I are clawing our way through the easiest mode together, lol. They go ballistic when new characters show up, and they don't even know the cartoon beyond the playable characters and Shredder.

This game has best-in-class presentation.

That is a good age to be playing beat em ups, remembering when I was (slightly older) 8-9-10ish playing TMNT at my local video shop, milk bar, roller skating arena and cinema + video game arcade locations. It was a lot of fun as a youngin whether it was playing with friends, family or sometimes randoms (who would be mongrel's for trying to steal your credits when you inserted coins to join in :P).

I'm slowly warming to the game, it's a lot more fun with others (granted chaotic trying to figure out where you are on the screen amongst the attacking animations).

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Did another round of story with friends, and this time being Casey. Dude is definitely strong with a good range, although his mobility seems a bit more clunky compare to Donnie.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I finished this game yesterday - the story mode at least - on the Steam Deck. Loved every bit of it. I enjoyed the variety of enemies that come with each level and the different strategies that each one requires. I still have a few to figure out. The game was a bit more challenging than I expected but far from frustratingly so. The lack of a CRT filter is its only blemish, I truly hope they add one. Looking forward to all additional content they have planned and to many future replays.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
I finished this game yesterday - the story mode at least - on the Steam Deck. Loved every bit of it. I enjoyed the variety of enemies that come with each level and the different strategies that each one requires. I still have a few to figure out. The game was a bit more challenging than I expected but far from frustratingly so. The lack of a CRT filter is its only blemish, I truly hope they add one. Looking forward to all additional content they have planned and to many future replays.
Wasn't designed for a CRT screen. A filter would just make it inauthentic.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the story with Mikey. Played like 8 stages with some friends last night, 2 solo, and the final 6 with randoms through matchmaking. I'm really impressed how smoothly the co-op matchmaking is in this game. Hop right in and out super quick and the levels are fast so people tend to actually stick around for several levels. I've seen some people say they wish the levels were longer but I think they nailed the length down perfectly here so that the levels don't outwear their welcome. 6 player co-op is absolute chaos and it's great but it's so hard to see what's happening lmao. I had trouble keeping track of my character at times but that's part of the charm.

Amazing game from start to finish though. I don't think it quite tops Turtles In Time for me as far as the levels being as memorable, but it's still a blast. I loved that they actually put that Ghostface Killah & Raekwon song in the Shredder fight towards the end instead of in the credits. Definitely the best TMNT game in decades, hopefully they do some DLC.

Last edited: