• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mreow

Oct 27, 2017
Got home from work late last night. Fired up the game solo as Mike. Had a few beers and some pizza and ended up going to bed around 2am. Cant remember last time i had such a chill gaming experience in my adult life

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Switch version has minor stutters and frame rate dips in portable mode on some sections, but none of them have a massive effect on the gameplay. By and large it looks and plays great.

I haven't tried online or local MP as of yet though, just solo.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I dunno why it will not let me change the resolution to my computer's native 2560x1600, also I am making a public lobby but nobody is showing up, is it only limited to friends, there's no other matchmaking? Playing on gamepass

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
Game has been fine so far, but I don't like it showing in big flashy words my total FAILURE and misery just for being hit ONCE and not being able to finish a long level of a beat 'em up unharmed. This should be a secret achievement for people who have a lot of time… but a developer should not treat a normal user like this. This is discouraging.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Game has been fine so far, but I don't like it showing in big flashy words my total FAILURE and misery just for being hit ONCE and not being able to finish a long level of a beat 'em up unharmed. This should be a secret achievement for people who have a lot of time… but a developer should not treat a normal user like this. This is discouraging.

What do you mean? Those red letters that just show up on the screen at the bottom when you fail one of the challenges? I barely noticed them tbh.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
They're just extra things to do. I just ignored them.

Yeah, I'm totally not going to use a super move while I'm being swarmed by fist spiders...

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why it will not let me change the resolution to my computer's native 2560x1600, also I am making a public lobby but nobody is showing up, is it only limited to friends, there's no other matchmaking? Playing on gamepass
Limited to 16:9 ratio resolutions.

And did you create the lobby by going into the character select for the mode you want to play and hosting?

Are they friends with you on Xbox? It will say they followed you.

They have to be on Xbox/Windows Store (PC Gamepass) or all of you using an Epic account. Crossplay is limited.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

what? lol

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I've been looking and maybe someone here knows. Pre-release, they said there would be cross play between Xbox and PC. However, my friends and I can't seem to find a way to connect between Xbox and Steam. Will be super sad if it's not possible.

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
I've been looking and maybe someone here knows. Pre-release, they said there would be cross play between Xbox and PC. However, my friends and I can't seem to find a way to connect between Xbox and Steam. Will be super sad if it's not possible.

Kinda crappy but I would assume if anything only the windows store version would connect.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Limited to 16:9 ratio resolutions.

And did you create the lobby by going into the character select for the mode you want to play and hosting?

Are they friends with you on Xbox? It will say they followed you.

They have to be on Xbox/Windows Store (PC Gamepass) or all of you using an Epic account. Crossplay is limited.
Oh okay thanks, weird that the resolution is limited like that, I haven't had an issue with other games.

Yeah I am creating the lobby and hosting, I select public, I have crossplay turned on too (no epic account), I don't think I have any xbox friends who play the game, I just figured since it just came out randoms would fill up my lobby really quickly, especially with so many people using gamepass.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Still having issues playing online with Xbox. And the mall level crashed twice when playing as April - one time as I was about to kill the boss.

Besides those issues, I'm still having a blast. It really does feel like a sequel to Turtles In Time, which is one of my favourite games of all time, and just builds upon what was already an excellent foundation. Now if only I could get back into 6 player madness...!

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
It's great how they've made a game that feels so much like playing the original arcade game while also feeling like I'm playing a modern beat-em up. Love it.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Are team attacks just random if you are next to another player? Been trying to figure out how to do the cannonball toss as we accidentally did it once?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Oh okay thanks, weird that the resolution is limited like that, I haven't had an issue with other games.

Yeah I am creating the lobby and hosting, I select public, I have crossplay turned on too (no epic account), I don't think I have any xbox friends who play the game, I just figured since it just came out randoms would fill up my lobby really quickly, especially with so many people using gamepass.
Yeah, not sure what Public does because it never shows those lobbies

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So arcade mode gets rid of all the upgrades you get in story…I figured they would just give them all to you. Hmmmm. Dunno how I feel about that. Arcade mode will eventually be the primary way I play this and it potentially having less depth is a little annoying.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
So arcade mode gets rid of all the upgrades you get in story…I figured they would just give them all to you. Hmmmm. Dunno how I feel about that. Arcade mode will eventually be the primary way I play this and it potentially having less depth is a little annoying.
It's just a straight survival run kinda thing. Once the enemy patterns get figured out, it'll be pretty doable.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm so bad at beat-em-ups. Happy they included a Story mode, it's exactly what I needed. There's a lot of carrots to chase for the hardcore to keep coming back but I was super pleased with my 2hr playthrough!

One of these days I gotta try out SoR 4, would be fun to Get Good at the genre and I think that'd be the game to push me into it

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

i mean, that's a true arcade mode. designed for 1cc around not retaining power ups

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bad at beat-em-ups. Happy they included a Story mode, it's exactly what I needed. There's a lot of carrots to chase for the hardcore to keep coming back but I was super pleased with my 2hr playthrough!

One of these days I gotta try out SoR 4, would be fun to Get Good at the genre and I think that'd be the game to push me into it
Definitely do, SOR4 is amazing(and easier than TMNT Shredder's Revenge).

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I kind of prefer that, honestly. Things like the Radical Mode would otherwise kind of break things in Arcade Mode.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So what are "combo finishers?" One level's challenge list requires me to do 15 of them, but I finished with zero despite using what I think is every mechanic in the game. What am I missing?

Also, what's this about Arcade mode stripping away mechanics from Story mode? Do you at least have the three different kinds of special attacks?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade mode is executed badly. I love this game, but sitting down to play every level back to back... isnt really that enticing with how long the game takes to do one single run. Its a blast in multi player though.

So what are "combo finishers?" One level's challenge list requires me to do 15 of them, but I finished with zero despite using what I think is every mechanic in the game. What am I missing?

Also, what's this about Arcade mode stripping away mechanics from Story mode? Do you at least have the three different kinds of special attacks?
Combo finishers are the 4th (last) hit of a combo attack (press attack 4 times quickly).

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I went through the entire game without activating the RB special move, because I was too impatient and hyped to dive right into the game lol.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Just ignore it. You'll be ok.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So what's everyone's favorite level so far?

It's Mall Meltdown for me. Surprisingly does a good job of evoking the mall/arcade atmosphere of the late 80s/early 90s and I think it has a really good lineup of enemies, and Tempestra is one of the more fun (and manageable) boss fights. Just a classic beat em up stage, really.

And the goddamn music (best track in the game, IMO)

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
weird thing I've noticed—if you're playing Story Mode on a certain difficulty level, join another player who is playing on a different difficulty level, and then leave the party, you will temporarily have your game turned to the previous party's difficulty level. (Since the criteria for Challenges are different between difficulties you'll also see no challenges accomplished.) Once you go back to the main menu and re-enter Story Mode it will go back to normal.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of prefer that, honestly. Things like the Radical Mode would otherwise kind of break things in Arcade Mode.

I guess I would just prefer those things be balanced with arcade mode in mind in the first place. The game of trying to save your super bars to the next level is pretty fun, even if it can be exploited with taunts in story. Limiting that to one bar for arcade removes that factor entirely except for the one bar which is kind of a bummer.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a wonderful game but damn it's long, lol.

I don't really see a point to starting a new game in Story Mode after you beat it once. If you're aiming for that one Story achievement (where you see the ending with all characters) you can just play the final level over with different characters to get it. Other than that, beat it once then go back and get any collectables you've missed. If you do start over, at least they give you the option to keep the levels you've earned or characters.

Just did 1CC on Arcade mode, medium (Okay) difficulty, solo (with Casey Jones) I hate getting hit with a stupid jab from enemies, lmao. Arcade does take away all of your level ups you've earned in Story, except for having 3 different ways to use your special. At least with Casey (I'm assuming its the same for all), using your special while in the air is quicker than if you were on the ground. Whenever I would get that power up for infinite specials, I would always use my air one since you can pull off more of them.

In regards to Arcade Mode, you get a 1UP every 200 points. When I finished my run I had 1747 points. I don't know how people get such high scores. Do you get more points for killing a certain way? Do different enemies give different amounts? I will definitely try Arcade on the hardest difficulty though!

I don't know who my favorite character is yet but I did enjoy playing with Leonardo, Donatello, Casey and April.

Someone else mentioned it but the final fight could have been better. Disappointed with that.

I've encountered a few bugs, like being in a party and characters not loading during the next level. Or knocking a boss so far off screen that they don't come back and we can't continue, lol. Mostly happened with multiplayer and I see that seems to be an issue with many people.

I didn't pay too much attention to the in game challenges. These only give you points for your character, yes?

Taunting to get your special is an interesting mechanic but certainly gets you out of some situations.

Overall, loving this game! Put such a smile on my face when I started it up.

Btw, you can get over 1000 combo, lol. I'm sure some of you have encountered times where you can keep hitting an enemy against a wall and keep your combo going. This has happened to me twice and I was curious to see how far it goes. Once I got to 1000, I was like ok I'm done, haha.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, completed my first playthrough, played on normal. Super fun game, cool enemies, beautifully designed levels and bosses. The game was little too easy difficultywise, especially bosses. I found sidequests useless, because you don't really need those extra points (as you progress fairly naturally throughout the game). Airborne combat/mobility was not as fun as previous Turtles-games, but it's ok. Definitely worth replaying.. solid 9/10.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I've only played up through the sixth or seventh level, but is it just me or is Rat King the most obnoxious boss? That spinning throw thing he does is annoying as hell.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't actually played as him yet, but looking at his stats is Casey just a better Donny?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
After two solo playthroughs I joined some randoms in online Arcade. Two of them wouldn't select their character while the rest of us played through the levels. A second before we defeated the final boss, both of the players joined. Anyone know if that actually works and they got the trophy for defeating the final boss without being hit?

It's Mall Meltdown for me. Surprisingly does a good job of evoking the mall/arcade atmosphere of the late 80s/early 90s and I think it has a really good lineup of enemies, and Tempestra is one of the more fun (and manageable) boss fights. Just a classic beat em up stage, really.

Chapter Fifteen, hands down. While I do love the mall (and theme) myself, everything about the chapter rocked, particularly the fights with Kraang and Shredder. The music throughout the chapter, like most of the soundtrack is just *chef's kiss*. I was wondering where the Wu Tang Clan song would play and it hyped up the battle for me.

Seriously though: this soundtrack and game are amazing!!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a bunch of this game earlier. Such a fun game. SOR4 is probably still my favorite but this comes so close in how fun it was.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared stage 11. That one was actually pretty challenging to me. Ive been walking through the stages (on normal difficulty) no prob, this one it took me a few restarts to clear it with no deaths. Stage 10 was pretty cool as well, basically my super bar was there for the bigger enemies, since their long range attacks could be rather dangerous if not careful.

So, after playing 2/3 of the game, my thoughts/wishes for future patches:

Somehow shorten arcade mode. Its just... too long for me to want to sit through. I do appreciate that I can jump in and out of it, that's an ok compromise for now. I just dont want to do the entire game in one sitting.

Gimme a new difficulty that ups the enemy count - some levels feel a bit too... sparse with enemies. Id rather have stages like stage 11 be bastard hard with too many enemies, than other stages have not enough.

Nerf the taunt. I was in a co op session earlier and 90% of it was super spamming. Which with 6 people basically makes the game impossible to read (I literally had no idea where I was or what was going on). Prevent its use when enemies arent on screen, and maybe make it so you can only use it a couple of times per match. As is, its just too annoying. It falls into the Cuphead charge shot glitch where it legit detracts from the game. I basically never use taunts, Id rather earn supers via the combo system instead.

Definitely gimme more playable characters. Ive almost got half of them fully leveled, its really not gonna take me long to level them all up.

New DLC stages would be cool, especially as we have no idea if this will get a sequel, but Im weirdly satisfied as is with the level count. If they do more stages - Id definitely like another "Turtles in Time" scenario where we get more varied locations and different enemies.

I've only played up through the sixth or seventh level, but is it just me or is Rat King the most obnoxious boss? That spinning throw thing he does is annoying as hell.
He's probably my least favourite so far for a few reasons:
So much time where he's invulnerable.
His stupid bastard rats can mess you up when your trying to hit him
His grab is indeed very annoying - though keep in mind he has a few tells when he's about to execute it so keep an eye on him, jump over, and beat him up. Watch out for bastard rats.

Played a bunch of this game earlier. Such a fun game. SOR4 is probably still my favorite but this comes so close in how fun it was.
I know right? Its so good, I've been playing it all day, its so nice to have a new brawler that nails the feel of what I want out of the genre. And while arcade mode is somewhat overly long, I cant really complain too much because story mode is a blast and its got so many stages that it'll take forever for me to master the game (I already foresee stage 11 on hard mode kicking my ass up and down the street)

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Totally impressed with this game. Didn't think it'd come close to beating Turtles in Time in my book, but it pretty much has.
Immediately purchased the soundtrack off iTunes too. :)

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017

Same here. It actually reminds me of the Power Rangers mall level.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Super cool game. As a total package it's probably only behind SoR4 out of the modern brawlers but I think I prefer Fight n Rage and even Dawn of the Monsters in terms of gameplay. They have way more flexibility and combo potential. They don't have the turtles though, or the artwork, animation and music that really make this sing.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
That 250 hit trophy was fun to get since I was able to see how far the juggling system can be taken with it. It's the one part of the game I'd say actually is on par with SoR4.

Backflip through him when he charges to reliably evade it and get an opening. Jumping over him kind of works, but honestly leaves you open to the rats.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone wanna do co-op on PSN? I am still learning the game and I'm down for play for at least 2 hours

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
The final boss is a nightmare to no damage for people that struggle with depth perception