• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hazuki_X

Dec 11, 2021
Beautiful production values, but the gameplay is lacking decent feedback on hits.. it just feels a bit weak. Certainly noticeable after playing streets of rage 4 so much recently

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Just beat the game as Donatello, with help from my son playing as Raphael for about half of the game. Biggest surprise for me was seeing (late game spoiler) Armaggon, the shark mutant hiding in the background of the Slash level. I was hoping he would pop up as a mid-boss or something, though..

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Beautiful production values, but the gameplay is lacking decent feedback on hits.. it just feels a bit weak. Certainly noticeable after playing streets of rage 4 so much recently

It's interesting to see what fans of the genre think. I played SOR4 and didn't enjoy it at all really. But I'm loving this game. I'm glad that it's much more accessible and light.

Pixis

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody else have really weird frames on the PC port? Essentially locking VSYNC gives a bit fluctuation of FPS from 120 down to 70 at times. VSYNC off plunges frames down to 60, sometimes under. At 4K with a 3080?

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
man this game feels really, really good. even online. giving us a dp and letting us dive kick out of it is so much fun. 250+ combo right off the bat 😳

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Guys does this play well with GameCube controllers?

I will get on switch because I have enough controllers to play with my kids.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ok got the flying ones now I know that move but can't beat level 3 boss. Will try when it's not so hot in here!

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Ok got the flying ones now I know that move but can't beat level 3 boss. Will try when it's not so hot in here!

Taunting builds super meter. If you can't beat a boss but know when they spawn, taunt to fill your meter(s) up before you go into the fight. A good super move will shave like 25% of their health bar off in Normal.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I love just how faithful this is to the original arcade game and Turtles in Time. The visuals, controls, music, everything is just perfect.

It's not though. The art style is different, and how the characters attack and move are pretty different too. The fact that it's not as faithful as I was expecting is what makes this game a bit jarring to me. That's not to say it's not a good game, but faithful to the original arcade game and Turtles in Time it is not. Inspired maybe, but not faithful.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
The third boss is annoying if only due to hitbox and how some characters move forward by attacking so you get poked and take damage by touching the boss.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The third boss is annoying if only due to hitbox and how some characters move forward by attacking so you get poked and take damage by touching the boss.
I'm so glad I use Donnie for that since his long range helps to attack it from a further distance and I had no issues with the boss.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad I use Donnie for that since his long range helps to attack it from a further distance and I had no issues with the boss.
Yeah, just need practice. I beat the boss with Leo on the first run, was trying someone else. I could always power up before the boss during the last straight line.

Oct 27, 2017
Funny you mention that, since the old turtles games always felt super weak and unsatisfying to me, but this one at least I can feel the hits. Not as good as SOR4 mind you, but still way better than thw old games

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Any idea what platform to get this for? I have everything, prefer console over PC just based on my personal setup for this kind of game. I'm assuming it's fine everywhere, but would love to hear some thoughts or findings.

Edit: oh lol it's on GamePass!? Answers my question.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The only thing I really dislike about the game is the taunt giving you a super. It's a baffling design decision when it's far to powerful to repeatedly taunt, super, taunt, super ect.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
It's not though. The art style is different, and how the characters attack and move are pretty different too. The fact that it's not as faithful as I was expecting is what makes this game a bit jarring to me. That's not to say it's not a good game, but faithful to the original arcade game and Turtles in Time it is not. Inspired maybe, but not faithful.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious from the very first trailer that this was inspired by the Konami beat-em-ups, but not attempting to emulate them. And that's totally fine with me. Haven't had a chance to play this yet, so no thoughts on how it feels. Hoping to at least check it out for 15 or 20 minutes later tonight.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this has crossplay between Xbox and PC, anyone know how I can play with my friend on Steam? I'm on Xbox GP version, also have it installed on the GP PC app.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Aside the taunt mentioned above (Id not thought of it, it'd make that fight fairly trivial lol), the best time to attack is during Rocksteady's grenades. Not all of them are aimed at you, you can get in a good number of hits while he's doing that (just keep an eye out if they are coming toward you). Bebop has a big area of effect attack, I'd just get the heck of of there if you see him. One of them has a gun move so just stay back and evade (doesnt seem like there's enough time to attack) and a couple of times they'll try and run you over driving erratically - stay back and double jump over them.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Aside the taunt mentioned above (Id not thought of it, it'd make that fight fairly trivial lol), the best time to attack is during Rocksteady's grenades. Not all of them are aimed at you, you can get in a good number of hits while he's doing that (just keep an eye out if they are coming toward you). Bebop has a big area of effect attack, I'd just get the heck of of there if you see him. One of them has a gun move so just stay back and evade (doesnt seem like there's enough time to attack) and a couple of times they'll try and run you over driving erratically - stay back and double jump over them.
Spoilers!

I was just going to use the NES jump kick tactic dammit!!