• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if it's already been asked, but can console and PC players play together?

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I wonder what controls are better for this game on PC. Gamepad, probably? Or should I break out my arcade stick for it...

Also: Go Team Leo!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I don't want to be rude, but after like, literally 31 years, it's finally time to once again cook some Bebop and Rocksteady ass.

tumblr_ptdjm3YuPk1wb9ntn_400.gifv

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Can´t seem to find it on PC Gamepass, is it not coming there? I find it in the microsoft store to Pre-Order it for 22,49 Euro but nothing more. Nothing in the Xbox App.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Now that we have reviewers, do we have confirmation on how local + online co-op work together?

Can my partner and I play online with my brother and his partner, and two other online friends (or randoms?)

How does all that work?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Only watching a tiny bit of the streams on Twitch but it's neat that

There's some classic remixes snuck in. Part of the boss theme remixes Star Base from Turtles in Time.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Now that we have reviewers, do we have confirmation on how local + online co-op work together?

Can my partner and I play online with my brother and his partner, and two other online friends (or randoms?)

How does all that work?

From my Ars review:

As a callback to Konami's frantic X-Men arcade cabinet, Shredder's Revenge supports up to six players in co-op mode. In a very nice touch, Tribute Games lets players combine local and online players with a beefy netcode model. Want to fill out a six-player roster by stationing two people on one machine, three people on another, and a sixth solo player, with all three systems connected via online friends-list matchmaking? Yep, that works! (Sadly, as of press time, there's no cross-play support between different platforms, but I was able to lean on Steam Remote Play to add friends to my PC co-op sessions for free.)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Damn, I should've just not looked at the streams. Got what I'm pretty sure is the final boss spoiled for me, lol

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is matchmaking friends only?

You can play with randos, though it's not quite a "matchmaking" scenario. You can either create a "public" online session when you start playing, or tap a "find sessions" button in whatever mode you're about to begin. The latter will then look for the former. So, a few extra button taps to figure out there, especially since you have to pick either Story or Arcade before you can begin looking for other public players.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
You can play with randos, though it's not quite a "matchmaking" scenario. You can either create a "public" online session when you start playing, or tap a "find sessions" button in whatever mode you're about to begin. The latter will then look for the former. So, a few extra button taps to figure out there, especially since you have to pick either Story or Arcade before you can begin looking for other public players.

Excellent news - would you happen to know if co-op progress is captured per stage?

There is a trophy for completing arcade in co-op but I was wondering if you have to do it in one sitting - thank you!

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Excellent news - would you happen to know if co-op progress is captured per chapter?

There is a trophy for completing arcade in co-op but I was wondering if you have to do it in one sitting - thank you!

Arcade mode is a start-to-finish gauntlet. You gotta do it all in one sitting (though you can pause as long as you like). Story mode is where you'll wanna start, in order to take your time between levels and take breaks.

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can you play with random people online on all systems? Is coop drop in drop out? I bought the game but not being able to play it online with randoms will put a damper on the experience, at least for me. None of my friends will be buying it to include my dumb brother so my only option is randos.

Edit: disregard, my questions were answered above...

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Arcade mode is a start-to-finish gauntlet. You gotta do it all in one sitting (though you can pause as long as you like). Story mode is where you'll wanna start, in order to take your time between levels and take breaks.

Thanks again - will try and get the co-op run trophy out of the way at the weekend.