• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A reviewer mentioned this game being "Very Short" how long is this exactly?
It sounds pretty long for a brawler, Im curious just what the heck the reviewer expected... its
around 16 levels long, over 20 bosses, around 2 hours long

Sure that's short by modern game standards, but by brawler game standards (which are usually around 20-40 minutes in my experience), that's pretty darn long.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Oh shit, I wonder if I can get my Astro City arcade stick to work with this on PC. That's be amazing.

So hyped for this. Everything shown from the music, the sprite work, the enemies, bosses and combat system... this could just end up being the best Turtles game yet (and on the bright side, we are getting ports of the older Turtles games as well soon!)

I'm very much looking forward to diving into this. Combat wise I like what's been shown (I had reservations as I've never been a fan of Scott Pilgrim), as long as harder difficulties multiply the number of enemies present I'll be very happy! Its just so cool we are getting a new Turtles brawler with a nice pixel art look sorta like the arcade games - nothing like that awful remake of TiT...
We went from Sonic 4 and Turtles in Time Reshelled to Sonic Mania and Shredder's Revenge. God damn, what a great timeline.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I wonder if I can get my Astro City arcade stick to work with this on PC. That's be amazing.

We went from Sonic 4 and Turtles in Time Reshelled to Sonic Mania and Shredder's Revenge. God damn, what a great timeline.
Man those were the dark days... (but we did get Mega Man 9&10, I cant entirely complain). It definitely helps that "smaller" titles like these are getting way more love and care these days - gone are the ports which just slap ugly smoothing filters or polygon graphics, instead we have devs that genuinely seem to be interested in doing the series justice. And I for one couldnt be more hyped!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Man those were the dark days... (but we did get Mega Man 9&10, I cant entirely complain). It definitely helps that "smaller" titles like these are getting way more love and care these days - gone are the ports which just slap ugly smoothing filters or polygon graphics, instead we have devs that genuinely seem to be interested in doing the series justice. And I for one couldnt be more hyped!
Honestly, I don't think Mega Man 9 gets enough credit for showing to the wider industry that there is absolutely a market for these kinds of games on home consoles. MM9 walked so that the Sonic Manias and Streets of Rage 4s (among many others) of today could run.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
My review in Spanish (8/10): https://www.pcmrace.com/2022/06/15/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-review/

I was allowed to publish up to chapter 5 (out of 16). Feel free to ask any questions.

Here's the first five chapters with with Casey Jones (he is a bit tanky compared to the rest of the characters) and April. And another video with three of the turtles.

Lol, the names of the difficulty settings crack me up! Glad you can turn off screen shake as well.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Going to play this with my 2 kids on a 4 player pedestal arcade.

Has anyone said how many buttons are required to play?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
LET'S GOOOO! So hyped for this.

tumblr_mg9x5pQUlH1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't think Mega Man 9 gets enough credit for showing to the wider industry that there is absolutely a market for these kinds of games on home consoles. MM9 walked so that the Sonic Manias and Streets of Rage 4s (among many others) of today could run.
Too true. It was one of the earliest examples I can remember of basically making a new sequel using the old look. Doesnt need to use a 3D artstyle, or be this huge AAA fare, it can just be what fans remember.

And looking at the trophy list for this game, it seems like its gonna be super replayable. Which excites me loads, as it means I'll have even more excuses to replay the game over and over!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Need to know pc VS steam.

Chance of mods later for character swaps on pc in particular would be a selling point.

Oct 25, 2017
Since I have Gamepass for the month. I'll be booting it up there first just to get some game time in. Then I'll probably buy it on Switxh when I get paid.

I have the physical PS4 version in order at Target and I'll be getting the PS5 CE. I love the turtles and I feel this game is going to sell insanely well.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Got my 8bitdo arcade stick charged and ready to go for tomorrow. Gonna turn the basement into an arcade for this with a couple buddies.

Jul 9, 2021
Just one more day and I can eat pizza and play Ninja Turtles again just like I did as a kid. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 The Arcade Game for the NES was the first game I ever played and I can't wait to play this tomorrow.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Most hyped I've been for a game in a year. I've been waiting 30 years for this. It might even surpass Rescue Palooza. I'm hoping for a mode 7 Shredder like boss and Super Shredder as the final boss. I can't wait to see which bosses and mini bosses show up in this.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
It's my birthday tomorrow but I will be drinking then. Will play this on Friday depending on my condition. Really excited for this.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know if PC Game Pass players can play with Steam players? If not I may just buy a copy on PC.

EDIT: Looks like you can. Missed that in the OP.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Just watched the IGN reviews, seems solid but again with this genre the replayability is bought into question.

Shame they didn't decided to add branching paths something like Outruns branching 'pyramid' paths, so each time you play the game you can pick a different route
Like in Rushing Beat Shura or Final Fight 3 or Fight N Rage

I'm still waiting for modern beat em ups (excepting FNR, of course) to have this again. It adds so much to the game.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Does anyone know if this will have crossplay between the MS store and Steam? I have money on my MS account (not sure why) that I would like to spend and this seems perfect

VICTORsaurio

Mar 10, 2018
The art style seems to work better on portables, the smaller pixels looks much nicer when not blown up on a huge screen IMO.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Ugh cannot wait. Who knew a retro-inspired TMNT revival beat-em-up and a TMNT collection would be among my most anticipated games of 2022?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My brother-in-law made mention of being interested in playing some of the older TMNT titles before this launched. Crazy that they didn't manage to get that collection out first.