• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
My big hope is for unlockable characters or at least DLC characters in the future.

Jennika is a must.
Let's make sure it sell well then we can bother them about DLCs haha, a Mr. X type DLC with waves of enemies would be sweet, really enjoyed that mode.
Isamu Yep online too, let's just hope the netcode is solid.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
As hyped as I am for this I still am going to wait for reviews and impressions. I see this game is only published by Dotemu but it's a different developer from the ones that worked on SoR4. Not saying it is going to be bad but just tempering my expectations just in case.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's one thing that this game will be great (it's pretty much a given), but better than SOR4? Seems more likely to me that the person in question just wasn't a huge SOR4 fan, and people should temper their expectations.
They could be just different. Even back in the day I couldn't really compare Turtles in Time with Final Fight or Streets of Rage, but more in line with Golden Axe and Knights of the Round. All Just have different approaches to It's combat mechanics. While SoR4 could mechanically be deeper, TMNT could appeal to people that like more variety in levels and the more cartoony atmosphere.

I wonder if the Red Sky seasons will be represented.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
They could be just different. Even back in the day I couldn't really compare Turtles in Time with Final Fight or Streets of Rage, but more in line with Golden Axe and Knights of the Round. All Just have different approaches to It's combat mechanics. While SoR4 could mechanically be deeper, TMNT could appeal to people that like more variety in levels and the more cartoony atmosphere.

I wonder if the Red Sky seasons will be represented.

Good point but to me Turtles in Time as kid was just goofy fun with friends just like Simpson Arcade was to me I didn't nearly enjoy it as much playing solo like I did with SoR and Final Fight.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The fact that I cannot preorder this on PlayStation yet is driving me slightly crazy. Got the physical version preordered on Amazon.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a much nicer way to get the soundtrack then the garbage $200 LRG version. ミュータント タートルズ:シュレッダーの復讐 スペシャルエディション doesn't come up with any search results on amazon jp atm.
Anyone know if the Japanese physical edition from Happinet has gone up for order anywhere? Like Amazon JP for example?
tmnt-shredders-revenge.happinet-games.com

TURTLES SHREDDER's REVENGE

あの『タートルズ』が30年の時を経て帰ってくる!完全新作ベルトスクロールアクションゲーム 「ミュータント タートルズ:シュレッダーの復讐」Switch・PS5・PS4のパッケージ版で2022年発売!!|TURTLES SHREDDER's REVENGE

Is it this one? https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0B34L5BF2

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Probably already answered, but I saw crossplay was a no-go. But what about bringing player two online with you, like could me and my kid play on my PS5 with my friend and his kid on their PS5 on PSN?

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I'm in so bad day 1 for this. After SoR4 Dotemu rocketed up my respect ladder lol.

My only SUPER MINOR gripe is that I wish they had gone with a non-pixelated look (like for example using literally their official artwork aesthetic) but I can totally see why they did; and it still looks great!

Jennika & Venus as a two-character DLC bundle!

Venus is big in the first post, Jennika is in the middle of the bunch in the second.

My OCD-ness hates that she's called Jennika lol and didn't follow the consistency of the other turtles and the renaissance/ancient art motif. But really hope we get her and Venus!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Yeah, I don't expect this to be anywhere near SoR4 in terms of raw mechanics, but this does look to be lightyears ahead compared to the original Turtles games (and most licensed Konami brawlers, if I'm being honest), so I'm excited.
Well that's not exactly hard, hahah. The original TMNT were visually amazing but mechanically puddle-deep (and meant to gobble your quarters).

Sure, but it was the reviewer who directly compared them, so...

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So there's no PS5 version of this right? Need to know if I need to buy a couple of more controllers or if I can use my dualshocks.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Oh some new news coming out today. I wonder what it could b-

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

cat-kitty.gif

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Waitaminute, so this is a new game and not a remaster?

Sorry haven't been keeping a close eye on the game since I thought it was a remaster.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I just installed it on the Series S. I thought it was out today but I see the release is tomorrow. Shame.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Be nice if it had some kind of RPG aspect to the game to where it would keep players more active online. Once you run through the game online once then what?

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Only ps4 (that can run on your ps5) and everything points to this version being the ONLY ONE that supports 4 player local instead of 6
Can you elaborate or provide a source? I was gonna pre order it physical on PS4 but I'll get it on Switch instead if that's true.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Can you elaborate or provide a source? I was gonna pre order it physical on PS4 but I'll get it on Switch instead if that's true.

it is not the game, it is a system thing
Both the ps4 and the ps5 are unable to connect more than 4 controllers

www.businessinsider.in

You can connect up to 4 controllers to your PS4 at once - here's how that stacks up to the competition

You can connect up to four controllers to your PS4 at once. Here's how that stacks up to the competition, and how to connect controllers to a PS4.

Using the wireless controller | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

PlayStation®4 Official User's Guide. Explains how to use the PS4™ system.

i want to reinforce that this is a LOCAL restriction only.
You can play with 6 players online in the PS version.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
What are the odds that this unlocks at midnight tonight versus noon tomorrow on Steam? There's no countdown nor ability to pre-order still so I assume noon tomorrow...