• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Any recommendations of something I can watch or read that will get me a bit into this series? Pretty much my only exposure so far is that Scott Aukerman podcast where he watches TMNT stuff and tries to like it.

A simple one would be the original movie.

It's based more on the original comics but has elements of the 1987 cartoon. There's cheesy stuff in it (it is a movie for kids made in 1990 after all) but it can be a surprisingly dark movie at times and has a really neat grungy, noir-esque style. It has the basic origin TMNT VS Shredder plotline that every other incarnation uses and gives you a good understanding of the characters. It's a fun, grounded introduction to the franchise.

If you want stuff similar to the game tone and lore wise then the initial 5 episode season of the 1987 cartoon is what you want. It has good animation for its time, tells a continuous story over the five episodes and is pretty entertaining for an 80s kids show.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I had no idea the Limited Run physicals are not actually shipping this month, not sure what I expected. Guess I'm grabbing digital too on release day.
Limited Run games as a default ship months upon months after the fact unfortunately. I still have a pre order from January that I probably won't see for another several months lol

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Hold on a second here. There's a remastered Turtles in Time?

What in the hell. I never knew that existed.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn, the hype around this game is crazy. I wish I was into TMNT when I was a kid to be losing my mind too (all I ever had was a Shredder toy because I thought he looked badass), but I still got this because I loved Streets of Rage 4 and still think this game looks gorgeous even without knowing the references.

Any recommendations of something I can watch or read that will get me a bit into this series? Pretty much my only exposure so far is that Scott Aukerman podcast where he watches TMNT stuff and tries to like it.

What a pull! We have to stop talking TMNT on CBB is amazing.

I would recommend the IDW TMNT comic series. Very easy to get into and super high quality stuff

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just purchase it the day it comes out sheesh. Yes I know preload but no need popping a vein over.
When Capcom has a preorder promo going on to get a game free, its just slightly annoying that I cant get that if I cant preload. Also, Im not angry, just exaggerating the problem with profain language. Its still a bizarre issue on PSN that should be addressed.

But anyway, Im getting off topic... ONly one more day to go before this game is finally out.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the lack of a preorder option on PSN was because they were gonna add it to PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium on launch, but that's looking less likely now.

Statux

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Damn, the hype around this game is crazy. I wish I was into TMNT when I was a kid to be losing my mind too (all I ever had was a Shredder toy because I thought he looked badass), but I still got this because I loved Streets of Rage 4 and still think this game looks gorgeous even without knowing the references.

TMNT 2003 is one of my favorite iterations of the saga, you can find it very easily online too. I'd recomend you the IDW comics but they tend to be closer to the original Eastman/Lard gritty Turtles.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
How dare people show support to games they like by buying them! I'll probably end up with multiple copies of the game - digital PS4, physical Switch, downloaded via gamepass to play MP with Xbox friends. Its been so long since we got a promising Turtles game, I wanna support the developers.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Browsed the trophy list. There's spoilers, obviously, but its definitely built for multiple replays. There's a couple of funny trophies there as well. Not quite sure I'll plat the game though (I'm looking at one trophy specifically...) but should be fun to try.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
How dare people show support to games they like by buying them! I'll probably end up with multiple copies of the game - digital PS4, physical Switch, downloaded via gamepass to play MP with Xbox friends. Its been so long since we got a promising Turtles game, I wanna support the developers.
Same. Plus with licensing deals you never know when it will vanish. Rather be prepared.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Plus with licensing deals you never know when it will vanish. Rather be prepared.
For sure. That's why physical releases for this and the collection are great news - Turtles games have been delisted before, so there's no way Im waiting until prices shoot up when it ends up happening again.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Scored a day off tomorrow - will stock up on cold drinks to beat the heat and play this until my thumbs bleed.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
Looking at the trophies, there are Collectibles, Special Requests and Cameos to collect/find during stages.

I wonder how the regional price is gonna be on steam. I don't know how they calculate it, but euro and pound are highest in 180 days against dollar, but I doubt it will be different from Streets of Rage 4 pricing.

Last edited:

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'm thinking of where to buy the game, too.

On one hand, Steam is for the long haul and probably better for online co-op. However, I have six Joy-Cons in working order on my Switch, making local six-player an actual option.

Probably going to go with Steam, but honestly, a double dip might not be a bad idea, if I can find people to play it with locally.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I don't think so since it said 9AM on the 16th for Eastern. Will try now.

NZ store says it available on June 16th 09:00, so maybe in 9 hours there?
JP store only says available on the 16th. I was hoping to get an hour or so of play before going to sleep, but I guess I'm not getting that… :(
There's been a couple games on the JP eShop that have done that and it just sucks because it doesn't say when it becomes available and everybody is just confused.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Very tempted to jump right in tomorrow afternoon, but am trying to hold off until Friday night after work to play it along with Final Vendetta and get stuck into two beat 'em ups like it's the early 90's.