• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
A few minor gripes about the gameplay/combat mechanics, but other than that's it's a really well done fan game.

OP
OP
ann3nova.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Me: *playing the game*
Wifey: *walking by, pausing, watching* ...did they make April O'Neil Simon Belmont?"

Yeah, they did. I think she's my favorite to play so far, too.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
This really is an insane throwback to those NES titles and that faraway time when the Turtles dominated entertainment for kids.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Holy shit this looks awesome.

Why on earth do publishers not give the go ahead to these types of games? They would sell well surely.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there just a list of all the playable characters?
After beating the game, these are the characters I've unlocked.

Leonardo
Raphael
Michaelangelo
Donatello
Splinter
April O'Neil
Irma
Burne (April's Boss)
Vernon
Casey Jones
Usagi Yojimbo
Metalhead
Ace Duck
Genghis
Rasputin
Napoleon
Atilla
Zak
Kala
Dask
Mondo Gecko
Lotus
Zach
Muckman
Ray Fillet
Fugitoid
Wingnut
Aska
Hothead
Mona Lisa
Rocksteady
Bebop
Baxter Stockman
Rat King
Traag
Granitor
Groundchuck
Dirtbag
Tora
Shogun
Slash
Pizzaface
Mecaturtle
Leatherhead
Chrome Dome
Tokka
Rahzar
Tatsu
Anthrax
Armaggon
Karai
Triceraton
Tempestra
Scale Tail
Scratch
War
Cyber Shredder
Super Shredder
Krang
Shredder

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
If someone manages to add multiplayer coop to this it will be the goat TMNT game, honestly it's amazing to play already.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Only played one level (sewers) but damn if this isn't awesome. Music, enemies etc. from the NES game... its a nostalgia trip back to when Turtles games were awesome. Definitely gonna enjoy playing this one.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no emulators for this. It's a native PC game
*cries quietly pushing iMac into the garbage*

edit: One of these days I'm gonna have to finally bite the bullet and just buy some kind of super inexpensive PC laptop that I can plug a controller and HDMI cable in to so I can play all the PC games I've idiotically downloaded and bought on Steam with the intention of someday being able to play them

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I want to do too TMNT and Power Rangers game but I just got Bloodstained and Crash. Man where was this two weeks ago lol.
Power Rangers game? Is that the latest fighter or did that get an awesome fan game as well? As its a series I always felt deserved better game wise, heck I'd even take a decent Dynasty Warriors styled game spin off at this point...

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Wow this is awesome

Took some time to get controller configured (and understand that P1 would eventually be able to choose any character) but now having a blast

Love the references to the original game like the overworld

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
How well does it play compared to Turtles in Time?
It plays closer to the NES games - so the arcade game, and TMNT 3. The main difference is collision detection feels more solid, less spongy. I still prefer TiT in terms of overall action, but this is still really, really good. The sheer number of characters and levels, mixed with classic Konami Turtles tunes makes it a super fun game to play.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit, and man TMNT Rescue-Palooza is legit af. It's a wonderful mix of nostalgia and satisfying gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit it took a lot longer than it should have to get the controller working and wtf at that drawn out tutorial and cutscene. Do we really need tutorials for beat em ups in 2019? This game is not what I was expecting and it's bizarre as hell seeing the original NES TMNT game levels and gameplay spliced within. The large amount of unlockable characters is neat, but the gameplay somehow seems worse than the original games it's modeled after.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
holy shit it took a lot longer than it should have to get the controller working and wtf at that drawn out tutorial and cutscene. Do we really need tutorials for beat em ups in 2019? This game is not what I was expecting and it's bizarre as hell seeing the original NES TMNT game levels and gameplay spliced within. The large amount of unlockable characters is neat, but the gameplay somehow seems worse than the original games it's modeled after.
For controller settings, at the very least, just use Steam controller config; add the game to steam, connect your controller, right click the game and config the controller to match keyboard inputs.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Does anyone have a save they can share? I got to the final level, and my only save is right before the last round of boss fights with just two lives. I just can't beat it!