• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Paramount is developing a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film franchise separate from its previous Michael Bay-produced films. The reboot film will be produced by A Quiet Place producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, who worked with Bay on the previous iteration of the franchise.

Though Form and Fuller confirmed the film could go into production by the end of the year, they also confirmed no director is in place.

"The thing about the Turtles is, like A Quiet Place, it's about a family," said Fuller. "They're both family stories about a family sticking together."

https://www.newsarama.com/43444-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-film-reboot-in-the-works.html

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Funny how all these awful Michael Bay movie properies are getting rebooted so soon. Those turtle designs were atrocious.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It sounds a lot more promising than Bay's

But jeebsus

This is the 4th movie series?

I guess the animated one was a sort of soft reboot since in continuity with the first 2

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Just kill it. This franchise was never good in the first place. It only exists now for some weird 80s nostalgia reason.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just kill it. This franchise was never good in the first place. It only exists now for some weird 80s nostalgia reason.
This is not true in the slightest. Turtles remain very popular among kids. It is a consistently strong toy and animation brand for the past 10 years, its primary audience has no clue about its nostalgic early days. Rise of the TMNT is a big hit for Nick.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Its gonna have to be guys in suits with animatronic heads like the 1990 movie or a full blown cg movie like the 2007 one for me to even bother caring

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't be worse than 80s TMNT cartoon, which was as far away from a faithful adaptation of the original comics as you can get.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Let the films rest a while. There was a long period between the 90s ones and the Bay films, and it still felt too soon to have a reboot (not helping that they were hot garbage).

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
How about consulting Eastman for the story and borrow heavily from the current comic run? No? Well okay then.

Aug 1, 2018
Hollywood is just going to have to accept that the cinematic masterpiece known as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III" cannot be topped.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A Quiet TMNT Place

They are ninjas, which are quiet. But also teenagers, which are loud. The internal struggle writes itself.
Plus they could fight the Quiet Place monsters and no one would scoff when Donnie invents a machine to make them return to dimension X.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This fourth one.
YhHqcq7.png

The one with make it so and I understood that reference.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Maybe we can finally get some TMNT 1 level quality movies again
The 1990 TMNT movie has aged way better than I would have expected.

I'd safely put it in my top 10 comic book movies, maybe top 5
Yep. The original film has aged really really well. Like shockingly so.

Yes to all of these... so much. I'd love if they did another movie with turtle suits/designs from the first film (they designs of the suits got worse as the movies went on...).

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
The reboot film will be produced by A Quiet Place producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, who worked with Bay on the previous iteration of the franchise.

So, the title could just have easily read "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot from the producers of the previous Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot"?

I mean, I guess the relative quality of A Quiet Place makes this news sound like something other than the same old thing.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds a lot more promising than Bay's

But jeebsus

This is the 4th movie series?

I guess the animated one was a sort of soft reboot since in continuity with the first 2
Not sure if this is a joke about the quality of Turtles 3, but TMNT is actually the sequel to the first 3 live action movies. So no, this would be the third movie series. Turtles 1-3 and TMNT are one series, then the Bay movie and Out of the Shadows are a second, now this one.

---
*reads more of the thread*

C'mon y'all, yes there was a fourth Turtles movie before the Bay reboots and yes it is in continuity with the first three live action movies.

6b71d0dd28e1f78320404975bacf9536.jpg

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Teenagemutantninjaturtles-1.jpg

Edit: I haven't watched it in a while but I believe there are also spoken/story references too. As others have said it's a soft reboot - soft in the fact that it's animated instead of live action. It and the unmade sequel were always meant to be in continuity with the first three movies, they just tried to go animated so they could make them faster/cheaper than doing live action with animatronics and special effects.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't loathe the Bayformers Turtles being a big dumb silly spectacle, because in some sense the original property is a big dumb silly spectacle.... but damn if the 1990 movie taking things a little more seriously and having heart didn't make for a more memorable films. More heart, please.