• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
comicbook.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets 30th Anniversary Theatrical Re-Release

Thirty years after it first came to theaters, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [...]

Thirty years after it first came to theaters, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live-action movie is set to get a brief theatrical release for three days next month. The film will have a special three-day engagement in cinemas nationwide with the help of Fathom Events, a company that specializes in bringing classic, independent, niche, and specialty films to movie screens. The Heroes in a Half Shell, as designed by Jim Henson's creature shop and brought to life by filmmaker Steve Barron, will come backflipping into theaters on November 5-7, and Fathom (as well as Warner Bros. and theater owners) hope nostalgia will be a big enough draw to get people to come out to the movies again.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda not the best timing with the recent COVID19 surges...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey look, it's the best comic book movie of all time.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hey look, it's the best comic book movie of all time.

Nope, that's this:

209758.gif

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
ah man id love to see this again in the cinema. it was the first thing i ever saw at the cinema and maybe if it came to the uk we'd get the ninja version and not the hero version.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Are there details on whether this is a new DCP based on 4K restoration or if it's just the available blu ray or an original 35mm print?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

This film is STILL great.

And a very firm reminder that critics had absolutely no idea what they watched back then.
rtscore.png

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
They just don't make movies like this anymore.

The first movie was surprisingly dark and gritty. Loved it.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
As a poor Brit my mind was suitably blown when years later I downloaded a copy on this and saw all the stuff that was cut out of our version. As a kid I was always annoyed Mikey didn't get a weapon.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Legitimately fantastic film

saw it in the theatre