• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen this since I was a kid. I wonder how good/bad it looks in 2020.

if you can get past the costumes and other general silliness it's the most "realistic" adaptation of tmnt to this day. whether a conscious decision or due to budget constraints movie has a very gritty lived-in feel, very apropos to 80s NYC. rewatching it recently i was half expecting the the foot clan to start gunning down the turtles with glocks

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
The Youtube channel, ComicTropes actually posted a video about Kevin Eastman and TMNT today. Started watching some of his content not too long ago. Not bad.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I missed this from the other day! She's still a BABE!

April O'Neil is hosting the official 30-year cast reunion Pizza Panel Party on May 23rd "World Turtle Day" with the original cast and crew! Join us to celebrate one of the biggest movies in pop culture history...

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

April O'Neil is hosting the official 30-year cast reunion Pizza Panel Party on May 23rd "World Turtle Day" with the original cast and crew! Join us to celebrate one of the biggest movies in pop culture history...

51d1d2cb8be8e12b6fe1a40910ea563d.gif

When's the Criterion release, dammit?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Wow. She's barely aged. But I thought she had been against the movie since she didn't want to come back for the sequels due to it not being kid-friendly.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Wow. She's barely aged. But I thought she had been against the movie since she didn't want to come back for the sequels due to it not being kid-friendly.
I think she was disappointed mostly because the original script had her role expanded much more. I think there is some give and take, because she certainly wasn't a throw-away character in the original.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

Dang. That's when you know someone has been drinking their water and minding their business! She still looks great!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was very well done. Touching and earnest, it was layer upon layer of
surprises given who was turning up, right until the end.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It's amazing that they still can't recreate how amazing some of the delivery was.

"Two for one sale, pal!"

"And he knows my name! ...perfect..."

It's more quotable than the Princess Bride.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
My first movie ever in the theater when I was only 3.
And I was silent the whole movie, just like when i watched tv at home (thats why my parents took me to watch it).

Its so funny that americans are so "ahhh he was swearing" when Raphael shouts damn, that for me is so mild, when in the spanish version instead of not translating "Cowabunga" like the animated show did, they decided to change it to "¡DE PUTA MADRE!" which is basically "FUCK YEAH!" lol

Here it is:

(One of the tries to say something cool also says "Cojonudo" thats also a swear word lol).

Ninja Turtles 2 repeated the same thing, giving zero fucks lol

So those who saw it when they were kids, how did your parents feel about Raphael just yelling DAMN like a madman? lol

Yeah, this is what im talking about lol

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
One of the best comic book movies of all time.

It's one of those very rare films that punches FAR above its weight because everything just came together perfectly. We're not getting another TMNT film this good.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
One of the best comic book movies of all time.

It's one of those very rare films that punches FAR above its weight because everything just came together perfectly. We're not getting another TMNT film this good.
The only other film apart from Secret of the Ooze I will go to bat for is, seriously, Out of the Shadows.

It's an unapologetic adaptation of the 80s cartoon. I can't believe how ridiculous it gets, and Bebop & Rocksteady were perfect.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
The slow character moments are so entertaining: waiting for pizza, watching TV, and everything at the farm. It's a kid's movie that gives the audience some credit. I mean, Shredder is crushed to death by a wise-cracking Casey Jones. As a child I loved this movie after seeing it in the theaters and hated the sequels. Same with my friends.

"A Jose Canseco bat?! Tell me you didn't pay money for this"

I loved that. I like when Casey Jones sees Raphael's face without a hat in that scene he is only confused - not terrified or panicked.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
One of the movies that I would watch over and over as a kid, frustrated by the time it took to rewind it.

Also not very interesting but it was the thing I can pinpoint as getting me to understand separate continuities since it was easy to understand that they were the same characters as in the cartoon but a different base story.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion but I think the costumes still hold up, especially considering they were doing martial arts moves in them

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The slow character moments are so entertaining: waiting for pizza, watching TV, and everything at the farm. It's a kid's movie that gives the audience some credit. I mean, Shredder is crushed to death by a wise-cracking Casey Jones. As a child I loved this movie after seeing it in the theaters and hated the sequels. Same with my friends.

I loved that. I like when Casey Jones sees Raphael's face without a hat in that scene he is only confused - not terrified or panicked.
"What was that?"
"Looked like a giant turtle. In a trenchcoat.
You goin to 8th?"

It is such a New York film.

Bengraven