• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The killer should start a GoFundMe, he deserves the best defense attorneys in all of France.
What makes you think this was self defence?
He protected current and future victims. Stop caping lol. Your alternative is this priest riding off to the sunset and never answering for his crimes. Let God sort it out doesn't apply here.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
People actually hand-wringing over people being somewhat jubilant that a pedophile that abused children while skirting the law is dead.

There's a difference between not particularly caring how a child abusing cunt meets their end and thinking that end should be written into law for all in the future.

When did cheering on and joking about MURDER BECOME apathy/indifference which is what you just described?

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
A corrupt system and a useless one intertwine to allow suffering until a kid feels forced toward drastic measures.

'Course people are celebrating the monster's death; it's the only happy note of the story

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
As Chris Morris showed us, people lose their heads when it comes to paedophiles and all rationality is thrown out of the window.
Most replies of anyone in the thread and it's to tut tut over how people are reacting to a pedophile who got away with abusing children met their end.

When did cheering on and joking about MURDER BECOME apathy/indifference which is what you just described?
When we're discussing how a pedophile that abused children died on a forum?

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inappropriate Pedantry in a Sensitive Thread
Chiggitty check yourself. Where did I say celibacy is cool? The vow of celibacy has nothing to do with pedophiles joining the priesthood. Guess what the deceased rodent would be if priests were allowed to marry? He would be a pedophile with a wife and kids.

Not everyone who abuses children is a pedophile. Some do not have the skills necessary to develop, or are prohibited from developing, relationships with adults and use children as replacement sexual partners. In the Catholic Church sexual deprivation turns to depravity.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
murder is murder... naaaah. so what? he should just let the man die of old age and watch while other kids get molested?

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
That's unfortunate.

Murder is wrong, but i understand.

Everyone has a breaking point, and even more so when you get help from no one. Not the cops and not the church.

I understand and empathize with the poor kid.

I could even see myself doing what he did but not for one moment would I deny that in doing so I should get a pass. I would do so and be prepared for a sentence. The worth of the retribution equal to the sentence? I could say but I would just expect leniency... Because not would I diminish or want people cheering me. I'd be kind of grossed out by those people

Murder is murder.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone who abuses children is a pedophile. Some do not have the skills necessary to develop, or are prohibited from developing, relationships with adults and use children as replacement sexual partners.
this is an awfully strange hair to split. if you have the wherewithal to "use children as replacement sex partners" I think it's safe to say you're a pedophile.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
The killer should start a GoFundMe, he deserves the best defense attorneys in all of France.

He protected current and future victims. Stop caping lol. Your alternative is this priest riding off to the sunset and never answering for his crimes. Let God sort it out doesn't apply here.

My alternative is rule of law and not vigilante murder. If priests are not getting convicted when they are guilty then fix that. Don't go around murdering people.

Oct 27, 2017
As Chris Morris showed us, people lose their heads when it comes to paedophiles and all rationality is thrown out of the window.
Being a paedophile is one thing. There's a bunch of those that fight their urges their whole lives and never touch a child. This man was a serial abuser that got away with it time after time because he knew people in high places and the authorities backed off for whatever reason. I don't even know why i felt like I had to make that distinction actually. Maybe it's because I feel bad for the so-called virtuous pedophiles. Imagine living your whole life having to fight that kind of urge. It makes me want to cry.

His abuse didn't stop at being raped. Watching your rapist walk freely without even seeing the inside of a courtroom is abuse. Knowing that your rapist can and probably has molested more children since you came forward is abuse.
Knowing that your rapist is living his best life while you struggle to get through every day is abuse. I fucking hate child molesters but I don't have the pleasure of having an objective perspective on this topic.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
To add to what else I have said, I definitely think those in this thread celebrating are in the wrong.
This is a very sad and shitty affair for everybody involved. I certainly can't and won't defend torture and murder of anyone, even shitbag child rapists, but the fact that it even got to this point is appalling and shows how awful our society is at dealing with systematic abuses by institutions. Every bit of this case is a tragic miscarriage of justice and should be viewed as one, not as an event worthy of praise.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Not everyone who abuses children is a pedophile. Some do not have the skills necessary to develop, or are prohibited from developing, relationships with adults and use children as replacement sexual partners. In the Catholic Church sexual deprivation turns to depravity.
Nah, fuck that. If you rape a kid you're a pedo piece of shit. No need to try to sugar coat it or play mental gymnastics. If they just wanted sex they'd have sex with an adult church member.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Most replies of anyone in the thread and it's to tut tut over how people are reacting to a pedophile who got away with abusing children met their end.

When we're discussing how a pedophile that abused children died on a forum?

I don't agree with murder. It is quite a simple, and I thought not very controversial, stance.

I've posted a lot as I am at my Parents' place for Christmas with very little to do. And I can't sleep as this bed is lumpy as hell.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uhh, you need to google the meaning of the word.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. I know priests that said fuck that vow and dated women/had families. These priests had a similar choice and choose kids.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Then make sure they are properly processed by the law then. Paedophile priests do actually get sent to jail too.
" According to reports, Father Roger Matassoli had sexually abused multiple children, yet was never punished for his crimes, despite the fact that the church hierarchy and the local civil authorities knew of the priest's despicable deeds. "

If this true, then there goes your civilized society.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't agree with murder. It is quite a simple, and I thought not very controversial, stance.

I've posted a lot as I am at my Parents' place for Christmas with very little to do. And I can't sleep as this bed is lumpy as hell.
You can not agree with murder and also not feel compelled to tut and whine about people being somewhat apathetic to jubilant that a pedophile who skirted the law abusing children was murdered.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
" According to reports, Father Roger Matassoli had sexually abused multiple children, yet was never punished for his crimes, despite the fact that the church hierarchy and the local civil authorities knew of the priest's despicable deeds. "

If this true, then there goes your civilized society.

Because the system has issues we should just give up and allow murder?

Screw it, let's just bring in The Purge.

Oct 25, 2017
Era really just picks and chooses when it's ok to "support violence", huh?

I'm a lot more okay with someone enacting violence against an oppressive element (ie, a priest who abused you and was protected) than I am the government enacting violence.

There's a difference between being anti-death penalty and being okay with a distraught teenager killing someone who did horrible things to him as a child.

Because the system has issues we should just give up and allow murder?

Screw it, let's just bring in The Purge.

It's called extenuating circumstances.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
I did not say someone said that, that's why I'm asking because the comments here are implying he should go to jail since it's murder and he shouldn't have done that. Yes, he killed someone but it's not all black and white. The priest has been doing it since the 60s and the church or the government has done nothing to stop him, If he didn't kill him then he will keep on molesting until he dies or someone else will kill him.

I'm not saying go and kill someone if you don't get justice but I will not blame the kid in this situation.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
If that kid is going to prison, everyone involved in letting that pedo get away with that shit for so long should go to prison too.

Oct 27, 2017
Always think this place is super anti death penalty but threads like this make me think otherwise when just about everyone is ok with this outcome.

Don't feel bad for the priest at all cuz he was a piece of trash and lucky he's been protected despite the shits hes done. Kid should get punished because like you said murder is murder.
This place usually only gets like this when all other checks and balances have failed the victim and the alternative was to just let the perpetrator get away with it.

Vengeance isn't justice, but people would rather have that that allowing crime to continue.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's a tragedy that this guy had to resort to this to get any sense of justice for what happened to him. There's nothing here to celebrate. Having to commit this murder will probably only further traumatize him. This shit falls not only on the priest, but on those that helped cover for this kind of behavior. The entire Catholic Church as an organization needs to be blown up top to bottom. All those mother fuckers are complicit.

Oct 25, 2017
According to the details in the article, he sought him out at his home then appears to have tortured and killed him. That's not like some kind of in the moment reaction to being abused, that's a premeditated revenge killing. I'm not clear at all why you'd seem to think that's "less bad" than if he'd been convicted of a crime then executed by the state. Like how is this in any way better?

1. He's a teenager.

2. Emotional distress.

3. Inherent power difference between an individual and the government.

4. Inadequate policing and prosecuting that is ultimately responsible for allowing the Priest to continue his crimes.