• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
Watched the first two episodes with my wife. I liked it, but she was kinda cool on it so we didn't continue.
Kept seeing a bunch of college football writers talk about how great it was (mainly Alex McDaniel), and thought that I needed to just run through the show while I work from home.
That 3rd episode made me cry. And then every episode afterward made me cry.

Fuck. I didn't realize that I needed Ted Lasso in the middle of a pandemic to get motivated and get me through.

I watched the entire season today. Some while working, some while ignoring work, but it was the emotional crutch that I needed.

The acting is fantastic. A+ from the leads to the randos in the pub. The writing is solid and I like that Ted is the emotional core, with his own issues and problems, but he is an eternal optimist. Holy shit, did I need an eternal optimist right now.

My favorite football team has a new coach this year. We aren't doing bad, but have so much talent on offense and little on defense. But he preaches "it doesnt matter unless we win". Which as a viewer, bothers me. I want to be told that "winning isn't everything" and see the results of character development. But I have realized, that only works on TV (and makes for a good sports story). I have realized that in the world of SEC football, winning is everything, but also in winning you carry the weak parts of your team up. My team has gotten better defensively, and we have won a game we needed to. Its not a fantasy story like Ted Lasso. But I need a fantasy story like Ted Lasso to make me love my team more.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
This show is everything, its one of the few new shows Ive been able to get into all quarantine. The main cast are all perfect.

I think the WAG is kinda oddly cast. I think she is cute and adorable, and as an actress she is amazing, but I wouldn't think "That's a WAG."

Last edited:

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
First episode did nothing for me. Does it improve or is it just not for me?

Watch three or four episodes. If you feel nothing, it might not be for you. The first episode is about as engaging as the trailer. It's the type of show where each episode is better than the next one and it finishes incredibly strong.

edit: I love popping into this thread and seeing the same story. People watching the first episode, kind of lukewarm on it, and then posting later after binging it a day later, "this show is magic"

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Just noticed the owner is the Shame lady from GOT. Mindblow.

Heckuva of actress as well.

And Anthony Head from Buffy.

Spanglo

Oct 29, 2017
Watched it once solo, another time with my significant other, and a third time with my parents. Produced feels each time.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On episode 8 now and Ned Flanders as a football coach is the 2020 energy I didn't know existed but I also didn't know I needed. I'm a huge pessimist but even this show gets me.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Probably my top show this year because Ted Lasso is what the world needed in 2020

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Wife and I finally watched the show this week. We watched through the whole series.

Oh my if this wasn't what we needed in a show in 2020. Magical stuff. Moving, funny, ridiculously wholesome yet in ridiculously sweary. Full of wonderful complex and funny characters. Definitely my TV show of the year.

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the season, absolutely wonderful. It was so earnest and so positive. It felt great to watch something so wholesome. I can't wait for the next season.

I teared up when
Roy got hurt and the crowd started to sing for him.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the season, absolutely wonderful. It was so earnest and so positive. It felt great to watch something so wholesome. I can't wait for the next season.

I teared up when
Roy got hurt and the crowd started to sing for him.

Yeah that was a tough scene to sit clear eyed through! Lights off watching so my wife doesn't catch me!

Oct 27, 2017
This show was better than it had any right to be. Absolutely shocked by the direction and acting. All the actors seem like they shouldn't be able to do as good as a job as they do, and at moments it seems like they will do that "This Is Us" style of sad music + frequent cuts to cover up the actors faces (I hate this) but it does a good job of letting a scene simmer and letting the actors act their way out of a scene. Idk if that makes sense lol.

I'm down for 2 more seasons and it's made me a Apple TV subscriber for sure. As much as I'd hate to not have anymore of this show, 2 seasons sound good enough so that it doesn't stay around too long

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
If they made an anime sports live action this is it.
Finished it. Didn't see that ending result but in an anime sports it's the right course

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished this today and OMG I cried, I laughed, and I can't stop smiling.

Really heartwarming show.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
This show is simply amazing. Started and finished in a day. Man, it's going to be a long wait for season 2! Will just have to start season 1 over.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
In a world where people can't stop talking about this show, I'm happy to have found an OP not afraid to stand tall and speak the one truth.

god bless
Action Burger, you should really give it a try.

I just finished it the other day and it's a surprisingly, well written show. It's an optimist show, but it's never grating. With all the terrible news that's been happening, it's the perfect show to watch.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just finished the show the other day and loved it. I found myself grinning like an idiot during a number of the episodes, can't wait for the next season.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Action Burger, you should really give it a try.

I just finished it the other day and it's a surprisingly, well written show. It's an optimist show, but it's never grating. With all the terrible news that's been happening, it's the perfect show to watch.
Alright, I'll give it a try, thanks for the glowing review!

Stuff like this I don't understand. You just come into this thread and already hating it. I don't know you well but honestly you should watch better tv.
Idk man maybe try being more positive like Mr. Fallengorn above.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Watched it on whim tonight and burned through the entire show. Wow! Loved it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.