• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
That's great and well deserved! They clearly spelled out what the next two seasons would climax in. 😁

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Finally finished watching the season, and that was some excellent television. It wasn't as riotously funny as was expecting it to be, but it had plenty of hearty chuckles, and some real emotional depth that I wasn't expecting. Every episode they managed to get you in the feels somehow. I liked how it jarringly broke the characters out of their archetypes when it needed to, like when ever-optimistic Ted Lasso bluntly told Nathan to get lost in that drunken stupor, and when ever-calm straight guy Beard snapped at Ted to explain to him why focusing on winning was so important.

Tartt seems to be set-up for a villain next season (lol at that lack of a good hair stylist), as well as Rupert continuing to be one.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this series. I really enjoyed it. Lots of heart and glad they didnt take the soft way of a non-relegation finish

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't finished it yet, but.. is it normal that the third episode made me cry? This show is so good, and it is exactly what 2020 needs.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Ted Lasso continues it's inexorable march to popularity one poster at a time. It's a wonderful, feel good show, that never cons you with phony schmaltz. Funny, well acted, and tightly scripted each episode is a bite size morsel of the salve we need post 2020

Oct 27, 2017
i'm a few eps in, and it's a liiiiiittle cheesy for me, but i'm also surprised at how well it pulls me in and has me emotionally invested. neat little show.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Ended up caving and watching this show due to the discussion on this forum. My wife wasn't all that interested but the trailer pulled her in just enough.

We finished it over the course of the past week and both absolutely loved it. The humor is pretty solid but I really think the "heart" or positivity of the show is what makes it shine. I haven't watched a show in the past few years that was as hopeful or encouraging as this show. It's wonderful.

Also, the "Caesar you later" joke/gag had me in tears.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This thread has put us onto the morning show. Which is also fantastic for entire different reasons.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has put us onto the morning show. Which is also fantastic for entire different reasons.

Hinestly all of Apple TV+ content is good. I've watched it all. I find it really focused and the selection is not huge so it's easy to pick something and watch.

Netflix I spend like 25 minutes trying to find something then give up lol

Servant is good mystery. For all mankind is great sci fi.

Truth be told is like how to get away with murder if that's your thing

Defending Jacob is great mystery and acting.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
amen

just rewatched it with my partner who hates horror stuff, even she was drawn in my the creepiness/mystery of it all. Just a well shot breezy show with the lower times per episode.
Servant has such a slow-burn psychological suspense thriller quality to it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it on TV. My wife is pumped for season 2, which is in January I think.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I enjoyed the pilot pretty immediately, but when it wrapped up with "you don't have to" I was just like "oh, I see, this is one of those shows I'm going to feel that way about."

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This show rules, and I love that the OP is just making fun of it while the rest of the thread is dunking on him.

It's so perfect for the theme and message of this show. Ted is a person that has been misjudged and underestimated his entire life and he just lets that roll off his back and converts people with his unstoppable optimism.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
DQQtXti_d.webp

👀👀👀👀

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Only just finished watching the last episode, and although I could see the ending coming a mile off — Jamie Tartt finally passed to someone — I thought it was an absolute triumph!

It is exactly the kind of feel good show we need right now. I have no qualms admitting that I cried on episode 5 and 7 for relatable reasons and being able to actually care about these characters.

Funnily enough, I recently watched Tom Hanks play as Mister Rogers in 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood' (more folks need to watch this movie), and seeing Jason Sudeikis playing a similarly wholesome person in Ted Lasso is joyous company for half an hour at a time ... 😊

And that Caesar salad joke had me HOWLING!

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The initial OP aged soooo fucking poorly, LMAO.

I'm 7 episodes in and this show is absolute magic. In the running for best show of the year.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Girlfriend and I finished this the other day. Fucking incredible show, easily the best I've watched this year.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely check into the free trial. That's how I watched Star Trek with it being my only interest from CBS All Access.

Get the most out of your trial and watch the following:

Ted Lasso (A+) (Best show of the year)
Servant (A+) (Suspense/Horror show)
For All Mankind (A+) (One of the best shows I've ever seen)
The Morning Show (A) (starts off good and just builds and builds to an epic conclusion)
Defending Jacob (B+) (decent but slow paced)
Little America (A) (Anthology episodes but some are phenomenal)
Mythic Quest (B) (But has two absolutely classic episodes)
The Beastie Boys Movie (I loved this but your mileage may vary based on your taste)
Visible (5 part documentary on the history of LGBTQ characters and actors in the history of television. Honestly-one of the best documentaries I've seen.)
Home (documentary series on unconventional homes across the world. Very niche but my family really enjoys it)
Still working on See so I can't recommend it as of yet.

rezuth

Nov 5, 2017
I really hated the trailer and was kinda put off. I watched the first episode and thought Ted was kinda annoying BUT while I didn't like the first episode I forced myself to watch the second and ended up thinking it was okay. By the third episode I thought the show was REALLY good and now that I've seen the finale. This is one of the best shows made in a while. Holy shit it knows how to hit the right tones and just go.
Really looking forward to more Ted Lasso

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
For another Apple TV+ recommendation make sure to check out Tiny World for a nature doc fix

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Get the most out of your trial and watch the following:

Ted Lasso (A+) (Best show of the year)
Servant (A+) (Suspense/Horror show)
For All Mankind (A+) (One of the best shows I've ever seen)
The Morning Show (A) (starts off good and just builds and builds to an epic conclusion)
Defending Jacob (B+) (decent but slow paced)
Little America (A) (Anthology episodes but some are phenomenal)
Mythic Quest (B) (But has two absolutely classic episodes)
The Beastie Boys Movie (I loved this but your mileage may vary based on your taste)
Visible (5 part documentary on the history of LGBTQ characters and actors in the history of television. Honestly-one of the best documentaries I've seen.)
Home (documentary series on unconventional homes across the world. Very niche but my family really enjoys it)
Still working on See so I can't recommend it as of yet.

Thank you for the recommendations!

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This show is everything, its one of the few new shows Ive been able to get into all quarantine. The main cast are all perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.