• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not lying when I say since launch, Apple TV has had more new shows I've liked this past year than any other service.
my wife and I actually had a talk about this and we are 100% with you. our favourite shows this year were Apple TV+ shows. from Trying to the morning show, mythic quest, ted lasso, for all mankind and now Tehran. everything was enjoyable for us.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Another fantastic episode, watched it thinking it was the finale, it felt like it to be fair.

Pleasant surprise to see we have one more.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm only three episodes in, but this is by far the most pure, heartwarming show I've ever seen. It's infectious, honestly.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
This is starting to feel like Apple's first real break out series which is ironic given how much they spent on stuff like See, still one of the most expensive shows every made I believe.

By far and away this is the Apple show that I see people talking about at length, more even than the Morning Show.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is starting to feel like Apple's first real break out series which is ironic given how much they spent on stuff like See, still one of the most expensive shows every made I believe.

By far and away this is the Apple show that I see people talking about at length, more even than the Morning Show.
I thought morning show is fantastic, you can't ask for a better series to debut with a new streaming services

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm still a few episodes behind, but I love this show so damn much!

Knight77

Oct 25, 2017
There's actually almost zero football match in it but I'm watching it and it's well done and quite funny, hope it gets renewed!

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So good. Started off as a kind of "Ah this looks alright" sort of show (plus Nick Mohammed is guaranteed hilarity), but ended up being one of my favourite shows of the year. Bill Lawrence nails it again, heartwarming in all the right places. Just... Please get the pronunciation of "Premier League" right next season! :P

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Finale was great. Can't wait for the next Season.

I'll just leave this here as well
the-lasso-way-ted-lasso-s1e1.gif

b085f2be70a49d27daf2b618fe4ee812.gif

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is a show that grows on you. I couldn't stand the football stuff but by the end, i was invested in it.

Also, those last two shots in the finale. :D

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Vizio is giving out free 3mos Apple TV+ trials with all their Smartcast enabled TVs so I get to binge this and anything else worth watching- any suggestions?

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
What an amazing finale! My emotions were running high the entire time!

So glad we're getting a S2.

Oct 25, 2017
Got teary during the roy part, I'll admit. Everytime they said it's the Hope that kills you, I just couldn't help but chuckle I light of the events of the past 24.

desertstrike

Alt account
Banned
May 4, 2020
I love how the OP is just shitting on it from a trailer. in actuality, season 1 was hilarious, heartwarming, and well realized. Looking forward to season 2.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
wow, what a breathe of fresh air. this season was tremendous. I'm going to restart from the beginning.

remember, Rocky lost at the end of Rocky 1

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
Such a wonderful series. Certainly something to help us through 2020. Wonderful characters and they certainly know how to tug those emotional strings. So glad there is going to be a season 2.

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Vizio is giving out free 3mos Apple TV+ trials with all their Smartcast enabled TVs so I get to binge this and anything else worth watching- any suggestions?
Morning Show, For All Mankind, Defending Jacob, Mythic Quest (show is great but the side episode [Episode 5, A Dark Quiet Death] is absolutely *chef's kiss*), Central Park.
I'd also add Dickinson. It is weird and polarising but if you like it you really like it lol.
And the new spy thriller Tehran is amazing.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Blew my free week of Apple TV+ for that Tom Hanks WW2 ship movie which was pretty disappointing, so I only saw a trailer.
How many of the show's gags are based on him not knowing the football fundamentals? Honestly those felt pretty basic ond one trick pony like to me and had me rank its potential at "cute, at best" from the trailer. Made it seem like it was a movie, too not a series.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
I loved this show but I am concerned about season 2. My favorite part was handled beautifully in episode 9 with Rebecca's arc basically coming to a close. I wish they had committed to a final finale and really put together something complete. With where she and Roy are I can't see another season matching the highs of this one. I hope I am proven wrong.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
How many of the show's gags are based on him not knowing the football fundamentals? Honestly those felt pretty basic ond one trick pony like to me and had me rank its potential at "cute, at best" from the trailer. Made it seem like it was a movie, too not a series.

Maybe three or four times the entire season after the first episode. It's not really about that, and it's not hard to flush the entire premise of the show outside your head almost immediately.

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I loved this show but I am concerned about season 2. My favorite part was handled beautifully in episode 9 with Rebecca's arc basically coming to a close. I wish they had committed to a final finale and really put together something complete. With where she and Roy are I can't see another season matching the highs of this one. I hope I am proven wrong.
I can see a great opportunity next season with a coming back story tho :).

Oct 25, 2017
Orange County

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Watched episode 10 last night. The show is fire. Best comedy right now. It's soothing and funny as hell. The best kind of medicine for the shit show of reality we're in. I'm seriously thinking about just rewatching it again and I never do that.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Juno Temple's performance as Keeley is absolutely flawless. Such an emotionally intelligent character, and played so well.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Curious if
Roy kent comes back as a coach or management and if Jamie Tart transfers to the team

Amazing show and the only show I watch new episodes twice. Can't wait for next season.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Juno Temple's performance as Keeley is absolutely flawless. Such an emotionally intelligent character, and played so well.

I absolutely love her character. When the show first started and Jamie had her photo in his locker, you just figure she was going to be this ditzy, blonde model type whose only purpose was to be eye candy, but then she turns into this really smart, funny, and respectable character. I love the way Bill Lawrence writes his female characters with so much depth and character.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Finale was great, didn't expect that match outcome to be honest - good thing really, loads of good places they can go

I'm seriously thinking about just rewatching it again and I never do that.

I'm in the same boat haha I never ever rewatch stuff, but I've been throwing on an episode when I have a spare 30 mins just to relax a little

Status
Not open for further replies.