• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Who could beat him? It seems to me he is far more likely to be beaten by a Democrat than be primaried. Republicans won't care about this come 2024 election. At that point it will be 3 years passed and they'll have blocked it from memory. Hell it's been just over a month and already any negative polling Trump had from Republicans due to Jan 6th, has been completely erased.
No names come up, admittedly. But all it takes is one Republican with senatorial ambitions, any of them, and the ads write themselves:

"When Texas were freezing inside their homes, Travelling Ted did what he always did best: run away from the problem."

EDIT: I take it back. Dan Crenshaw would destroy him.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Ted Cruz and the assholes that would still vote for him and excuse his behavior. Scum of the earth.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No names come up, admittedly. But all it takes is one Republican with senatorial ambitions, any of them, and the ads write themselves:

"When Texas were freezing inside their homes, Travelling Ted did what he always did best: run away from the problem."

Oh lord, god save Texas.

Indeed, the irony (hypocrisy?) is palpable

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I don't why anyone would be surprised?
He won't defend his wife and will shit on his oath to office so him going all fuck you to Texans is really on brand.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
4yj32m.jpg

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Remember how in The Day After Tomorrow the US government relocated to Mexico after the continental US froze and then Fake Dick Cheney gave a speech about how they'll be rebuilding the US in Mexico? Ted Cruz is just getting a jump start on that.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Flying Ted is perfect.

What a disgrace. Planned vacation or not, they should know the optics are bad or thought they could get away with it.

Either way, massive disrespect to constituents.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that Trump did, was give these people the visibility to just how far they can push without facing repercussion. It's probably why they love Trump, Cruz just shitting on the people of his state, and he'll probably be re-elected in record numbers.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
LOL - I'm surprised at how much play this story is getting.

I don't think anything bad will happen to Cruz because of this since, you know, cult. But I'm never going to fight a bad news cycle for Republicans.

(That said, I'd think Democrats would be smart to not make this all about Cruz, but the general callousness of GOP and the many, many ways they've failed to meet the moments.)

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

He wants extra security so he doesn't have to face the consequences of his actions. Snowflake.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Republicans agreed it was smart for Trump not to pay taxes? They'll do the same for this. People huddled up under blankets with their kids trying to keep from freezing will say they would do it too if Obama hadn't made them grow up poor and stay poor for the last 4 decades.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Remember when Republicans agreed it was smart for Trump not to pay taxes? They'll do the same for this. People huddled up under blankets with their kids trying to keep from freezing will say they would do it too if Obama hadn't made them grow up poor and stay poor for the last 4 decades.
Every day, our GOP friends uncover more of Obama's sinister tentacles, reaching farther and farther back into the history of our great nation to ravage the lives of the common man -- even before he was born!

Oct 25, 2017
A little surprised this is getting a lot of traction. Prob won't lead to anything but this can def build some momentum when he runs for re-election

Oct 30, 2017
When this first broke on twitter, some republicans were defending Ted Cunts actions with shit like "whats he supposed to do? Cancel his family vacation??"

Yes. Thats exactly what he should have done you fucking cretins.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Yeah he's been doing great, really wish Texas wasn't so hard to turn purple. Maybe some day.
It would be if rich conservative assholes from blue states didn't move here to keep it red.

Crenshaw worries me, he's got all the shitty GOP policies and "own the libs" attitude but he has a Navy SEAL background and eye injury to block any criticisms of him.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
A short thread about how members of congress are actually very important during local times of crisis...

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
What a joke. During a time like this our leaders should be providing aid. Finding solutions.

Republicans deserve him.