• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Often conservatives have absolutely no comprehension of a lot of stories in entertainment media due to the fact a lot of it is critical of conservative views to begin with.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
screen_shot_2017-09-12_at_9.02.22_am.png

"Step-environmentalist, what are you doing?"

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

"i really don't see why they just don't expel cruz. it's not like he actually wants to be a senator in the first place. he spends all of his time shitposting"

Being Senator was just supposed to be a stopgap to the presidency for him, but he flopped in 2016 so now he's stuck with a job he doesn't want.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
All of those reports about Cruz being some brilliant mind. Dude is just an indoctrinated asshole.
I said the same in a post a few days ago. I was convinced for the longest time that people like Cruz, Trump, McConnell, etc. were all just pretending to be dumb as part of the grift but now I've come to realize that in order to believe the dumb "conservative" shit they believe that you have to be brain dead from the start.

Oct 30, 2017
Dude is actively dumbing down his rhetoric to Trumpian levels to make a push for 2024. The only thing Trump voters know is stupid talk.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
It must be an odd feeling having every creator, writer, actor, etc...of pop culture that you love think you're a moron.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I would be money he was trying to think of The Maxtrix instead of Watchmen when he said the people are a disease bit.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I would be money he was trying to think of The Maxtrix instead of Watchmen when he said the people are a disease bit.

lets go with that.

How does that make any more sense that its the left view of conservatism???? Im trying to make that link. The matrix fuckbots/murderers... or thanos who wanted to rid the universe by half..? like.. where is the link.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
lets go with that.

How does that make any more sense that its the left view of conservatism???? Im trying to make that link. The matrix fuckbots/murderers... or thanos who wanted to rid the universe by half..? like.. where is the link.

I'm telling you: Trying to get into Ted Cruz's head is a fool's errand.

It's like trying to figure out the plot points in Prometheus. It's a wasted effort that will never have any benefit.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I'll parse this for those still confused, "the left wants to hold people accountable for what they say and do and prevent you from being able to be an asshole with essentially no consequences. They also don't want the world to be destroyed by fossil fuels, and even this it's a dying industry and the country could gain tons of jobs from renewable energy y'all shouldn't have to leave your shitty jobs to do it. Stand back and stand by."

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he was thinking of Kingsmen.

In any case, Ted Cruz is a fucking idiot.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm telling you: Trying to get into Ted Cruz's head is a fool's errand.

It's like trying to figure out the plot points in Prometheus. It's a wasted effort that will never have any benefit.

i hate giving up. But this metaphor is apt. It just hurts your brain because it seems like you've got all the legos but the instructions aren't accurate.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
This dude needs to resign and be arraigned for sedition. Every day these fucks don't get charged for their role in an insurrection is a disgrace.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Shit is just more projection from these monsters. Their constant mindset is a desire for genocide; the genocide of poor people, black & brown people, LGBTQ+ people, non-Christians, Democratic voters & politicians etc. They couch those ideal ls their bs about "family values", "free speech", "protecting children", etc. It's a shtick that's so ingrained that they no longer understand honest rhetoric and must convey they same dishonesty to their audience.

When black people say they want equal rights & treatment, scum like Cruz is forced to portray that in actuality we want to put white people in camps & suppress the white race. When queer people fight for humanity, scum like Cruz is forced to claim that we want to sterilize straight people & molest children. And in this case when environmentalist make their goals absolutely clear, their simple goals of protecting the earth and reducing our footprint simply through better behavior as a society to protect the coming generations, scum like Cruz have to say that we want out and out genocide of all of mankind like fucking comic & anime villains.

How he thinks Dems would accomplish such a thing through policy about electric transport, alternative fuels & energy like fucking wind or through the planting & preserving of trees I don't know but isn't really important to him or the deporables who devour his shit.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I really wish we could just rid ourselves of Cruz. He's so transparently partisan and grimy af but somehow he still manages to get re-elected to public office. I'd love to see him lose in 2024.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Whomever virtue signals the hardest shall receive all the power of the universe.

Also, true story, you'd have a better chance of a long term humanity survival under Thanos than Ted Cruz, so I... I guess he's right?

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Ted Cruz logic:

Thanos is an environmentalist.
Thanos considers mass murder a justifiable solution to environmental problems.
Therefore, environmentalists consider mass murder a justifiable solution to environmental problems.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Is this out of Boris Johnson's playbook of "do something incredibly stupid and loud to cover something criminal"?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Culture wars and identity politics and racism/sexism nostalgia is all that republicans have left. They are a party of old decrepit idea and down right dangerous one.

Watching far-right conservatives try to use fiction for metaphors is always incredible.

In most cases I don't think it's even real disingenuousness. They legit cannot understand context. I suppose it comes from believing in no truth or reality.

Everything is made up from one moment to the next in support of the current talking point.