• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
If he only took his hatred of the left into the hatred of someone insulting his wife and family.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have to make any sense, or be based in reality, if your team gobbles up everything you say hungrily. Especially if what you are saying demonizes the other team.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I highly recommend that no one gives this particular piece of babble a second thought.

I promise you, there's no payout. It's just pure stupidity.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's the smart guy who thinks that the Paris Climate Agreement is made to protect the people in Paris.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Even ignoring all the ways this is a stupid "argument": if you're going to present fictional media as proof, then you have to also accept the 1000 times more abundant "climate change destroyed the world" fictional media as well?

May 26, 2018
Going to guess he's projecting and it's Ted Cruz who wakes up every morning to Agent Smith's "human beings are a disease" speech.

Oct 29, 2017
So these people watch the same media we watch, but are so far gone that they are incapable of seeing the actual message? Or are they in denial?

You bet this guy walked out of Ford v. Ferrari thinking the Italians where the bad guys.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Is he attempting to out-dumb Trump because he thinks he has any chances to run in 2024?

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is he attempting to out-dumb Trump because he thinks he has any chances to run in 2024?
There is absolutely a scramble to be the next in line for the 'populist' and nationalist folks on the right.

I'm somewhat hopeful that Biden understands that and is actually going to "bring home the bacon" to those that might be countable by such play.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So Hollywood, which according to the right promote leftist causes, make environmentalists the villains of their movies?

......I....just....what...?

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
While obviously his point is a mess but there is an issue in Hollywood with how many villains use environmentalism as a justification.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Thanos I guess sure, but the villain in Watchmen has nothing to do with environmentalism... Only commonality is they both believe they're doing something horrible for the greater good.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
mXTVqHk.jpeg

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
While obviously his point is a mess but there is an issue in Hollywood with how many villains use environmentalism as a justification.

It's hilarious in Aquaman because the villain is ostensibly correct but Aquaman is like no fuck you, let them keep destroying the planet while I propose no alternate solution.

Dec 30, 2020
Imagine Thanos sighing, sitting Ted Cruz down, and explaining the precious resources of the environment to him. Then Ted not understanding, and Thanos hurling him into the sun before going back to tend his farm.

Honestly he just picked the first popular movies he could without understanding them in the least. If Barton Fink had been a blockbuster he'd have compared them to Johh Goodman running down a flaming hallway.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait until he reads the comics and finds out Thanos isn't actually an environmentalist but is just horny for a woman.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
lol yes Watchmen

Is he talking about the one with the egomaniac businessman

or the one with the white supremacist terrorist group

Oct 27, 2017
He's a worthless moronic sack of shit who's too much of a coward to not only not defend his wife but then goes on to ally with the guy that attacked her. Fuck him and anything that spews out of his mouth.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
From an environmental point of view, yes, we are a disease for the planet. The point is to create legislation and standards that aim at changing that instead of burying our heads inside our asses like Mr. Cruz and his peers do.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I can almost understand the Watchmen thing, by asshole logic, but it's a stretch. Cruz identifies with Rorschach, "liberals" like to point out that Rorschach was a right-wing crank, therefore "liberals" must agree with Veidt. And Veidt, yeah, invents practical electric cars in like the 70s, so that makes him an "environmentalist", though it's perhaps more likely that he's going by the movie version where Veidt's lie about Dr. Manhattan giving people around him cancer is emphasised more.

As for Thanos, it's part of the thing where they like to claim that "Hollywood liberals" are out to get conservatives while also riding the coat-tails of popular media by claiming that Captain America would vote for Trump or something obviously ridiculous like that.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So in his effort to become the next Trump, Cruz shrewdly decides to make himself a conservative media figure while also being a sitting US senator. Fascinating.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Thanos is a conservative. The guy stole power to reduce the amount of people that could vote in the next election.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
So these people watch the same media we watch, but are so far gone that they are incapable of seeing the actual message? Or are they in denial?

You bet this guy walked out of Ford v. Ferrari thinking the Italians where the bad guys.
They don't care. The entirety of their thinking swirls around a vortex of 'liberal bad' and everything that goes into their head is readjusted to become oriented around that. They're stuck in an obsessive loop basically. People on the left are generally interested in dealing with society in some fashion while conservatism has disintegrated to the point where there is nothing left besides 'liberal bad'. It's why the q stuff is syncing up with them so well - it clicks into their obsessiveness. They're isolating themselves, collectively.

A lot of conservatives are actually reminding me of people I speak to as a crisis counsellor, who get extremely stuck in anxious obsessions and can think of little else. Much of the time, people I speak with don't think or articulate things coherently and this Ted Cruz thing and q stuff is a lot like what I hear from people in crisis who go on about things that don't make any sense, even if their grammar works out. The big difference being that the people I speak with are reaching out for help, while conservatives are entranced by collective delusion which is very difficult to dispel.