• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
That is a beautiful office.

What I wouldn't give to work in a modern office environment versus my call center style desk I work at now
Preach...

I work in a 14 story building. Us state employees have the worst 2-floors.
I look on with envy and sadness when floor 7 (I'm 8)folks get off and I get glimpses of marble floor and leather couches smh...

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
good to see them going strong, loved them since Dead Island and they've only been getting better with each game.

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
Game studios always have the nicest offices. They deserve such work environment with all the the crunch they deal with.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
By everyday employees? Rarely. There were a select few who had their offices on the floor it went to who remained enthused about the idea of using it after lunch (Bless their hearts; I hope no one ever takes that child-like glee from them). But the majority did it once or twice and then just went back to using their stairs (Which were often more conveniently placed).

But we did host an annual conference where people from outside of the company (Many buttoned up business folks) would end up doing it for the novelty, and seeing them do it was very entertaining. (Well, unless your office was near the outlet. Then you got very tired of hearing people yelling on the slide during that week.)
Sounds like when I worked at Rackspace. The end of the slide was a good distance away from any of the desks I worked at during my tenure there, but holy hell if it wasn't still easy to hear most of the time.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That slide goes straight to the crunch dungeon that opens exactly when game goes gold.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
That's so coool.

What's this talk of Microsoft buying Techland, just a rumour?

Currently a rumour yeh, but this is all awfully suspicious. Rumours for ages of Xbox looking for a Polish studio, Dying light 2 suddenly delayed out of nowhere, now a massive upgrade to a swish office AND got rid of their publishing arm... Its almost like they got a sudden influx of money...

Also, fun fact, Techland have only published 1 game, and it was a game made by InXile, a studio now part of XGS.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Tbh it looks like a stock corporate/start-up office from hell. It has zero personality whatsoever.