• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Dying Light did really good uh

Techland has over 400 employees and they are working on both Dying Light 2 and a brand new Fantasy Open World IP.

EPDn9PgW4AEUlWA

EPDn92UWAAErTQ_

EPDn-WvWoAA8LPe

EPDn--lXkAAvzvm

Last edited:

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That is a beautiful office.

What I wouldn't give to work in a modern office environment versus my call center style desk I work at now

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Going down a slide headfirst sounds like an awesome way to end the work week.

Also that entire office from what they've shown looks amazing.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
First time I'm hearing they're working with a second team on a fantasy open-world IP. Nice!

Fantasy can mean anything, obviously, but I'm going to assume it's medieval-fantasy, and I guess between Playground Games' rumored Fable game and Obsidian's rumored fantasy-medieval game, It'd feel redundant for Microsoft to have a third developer doing something like that. Then again, medieval-fantasy could become Microsoft's go-to setting, like Sony with post-apocalyptic settings.

Obviously, none of that means anything since it's all rumors and conjectures, just throwing random thoughts based on these rumors.

Oct 24, 2019
Why do game studio offices always look so damn cool?

Congrats to Techland.

This is the first I'm hearing about their new fantasy IP too, looking forward to see what that's like

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Why do game studio offices always look so damn cool?

Congrats to Techland.

This is the first I'm hearing about their new fantasy IP too, looking forward to see what that's like

It was actually ""announced"" in 2016:

One will be a new IP developed in Warsaw. It will be an open-world fantasy game with RPG elements - "maybe in a slightly bigger sense than Dying Light ... [but] it's RPG elements rather than RPG game" - and it will have co-op multiplayer and single-player, as Techland has done before.

Dec 12, 2019
Good for them! I hope they will be doing much better, because there is some rumors in Poland , that is terrible chaos there since they decided to close their publishing department.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
You can't be a tech company in 2020 without having a Quirky™ slide and a candy bar.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Better feel comfortable at work, especially if you have to work 15+ hours a day.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Always makes me laugh when companies put slides in their office but closes them 2 weeks after because somebody hurts themselves using it, one of the company in the same building as me just recently build a skate park in their office but nobody uses it anymore since someone fell into it after drinking a bit too much.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Did it get used? I feel like I would be too aware of what people might think to use it.

By everyday employees? Rarely. There were a select few who had their offices on the floor it went to who remained enthused about the idea of using it after lunch (Bless their hearts; I hope no one ever takes that child-like glee from them). But the majority did it once or twice and then just went back to using their stairs (Which were often more conveniently placed).

But we did host an annual conference where people from outside of the company (Many buttoned up business folks) would end up doing it for the novelty, and seeing them do it was very entertaining. (Well, unless your office was near the outlet. Then you got very tired of hearing people yelling on the slide during that week.)

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how many people just CD Projekt and Techland employ in the Polish gaming industry, while still being independent

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
My last office had a slide. It's not as exciting as it sounds.

The office looks really nice though. Clearly a lot of thought put into the art which is great. Far better than grey cubicles.

There is a company I heard of that had a slide and a contractor used it and supposedly injured themselves and then sued the company lol. I think they removed it after that happened.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
There is a company I heard of that had a slide and a contractor used it and supposedly injured themselves and then sued the company lol. I think they removed it after that happened.

Ha, I don't think that was my company, but that joke was a very real thing that floated around. Turns out the fabric suits are made of really flies on plastic.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, I don't think that was my company, but that joke was a very real thing that floated around. Turns out the fabric suits are made of really flies on plastic.

...I kinda want to see that now lol

I'd imagine the slide's novelty wears off after a couple of weeks for everyday employees though.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
sliding like a boss to talk with the people sitting on the blue chairs. it gives time for them to prepare.

very beatiful office, happy for them!

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
That is a fantastic looking office. Who knew Techland had so much fucking money? I remember the doldrums of Call of Juarez. I guess Dead Island and Dying Light did fantastically.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
That is a fantastic looking office. Who knew Techland had so much fucking money? I remember the doldrums of Call of Juarez. I guess Dead Island and Dying Light did fantastically.

Both Dead Island + Riptide and Dying Light exceeded 13 million copies each so yes, they have money.
Dead Island is owned by Deep Silver while Dying Light is a Techland IP.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Watching this company started off as sort of a crytek clone to be something much more than crytek now is awesome.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Good for them, those are some nice looking offices and speaking from experience it makes a world of difference to overal team moral & synergy.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Poland has the liveliest game dev scene in Europe. Cd Projekt, Techland all delivering AAA quality titles. It's like the equivalent of Montreal in North America in regards to the concentration of talent in a single region.