• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Countdown timer

nfsv1k2f.png

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Praying for this game come out without MTX/lootboxes/season pass... The last one I played was the legendary Most Wanted (2005)... Better times... XD

(Who am I kidding?)...

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Underground 3 or make it like Most Wanted 05 and I'll be happy.

I don't want serious NFS games anymore, embrace the silliness.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for more NFS. Excited to see a return to properly developed tracks and not an open world.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maybe I'll play this one longer than the 15 minutes I played of Payback. Maybe a different company is doing the car handling this time around.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Underground 3 or make it like Most Wanted 05 and I'll be happy.

I don't want serious NFS games anymore, embrace the silliness.

Came to basically post this.
Open world Underground like the 2nd one with the same soul the original had and modern graphics. Add in the elements and mood MW had during daytime. Add freaking real-time weather change like most racing games out there. The other much needed changes have already been said.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
With the way upgrades were handled in Payback I don't have much hope. But maybe they learned something... probably not tho.

Didn't they change how it was handled in Payback after the backlash? I'd already completed the game by the time they made the changes, so i'm not sure how big of an impact it had on the game as a whole. The only part of Payback's handling of it that really annoyed me was at the end of the story when you need multiple cars at a high level, so you've got to do some grinding to get there.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
You know I forgot this game was revealed already. I was sitting here hoping for a new one that's more like most wanted (2005 most wanted), but I forgot it was like trying to be the fast and the furious last time I saw it. I hope all this time away has changed how it looks dramatically. I don't really like what I saw last time. That said I'm excited.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Didn't they change how it was handled in Payback after the backlash? I'd already completed the game by the time they made the changes, so i'm not sure how big of an impact it had on the game as a whole. The only part of Payback's handling of it that really annoyed me was at the end of the story when you need multiple cars at a high level, so you've got to do some grinding to get there.
I didn't go back to see the changes either. I think I still have the disc, I should go back and check it out. They better not have upgrades handled by a glorified slot machine in the new one.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if it'll be another open world connected racer or a more traditional track based game with multiplayer as a separate mode...

Personally I'd prefer the latter but think the former is more likely these days unfortunately.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Very hard to get excited about this when they market it like this, just out of the blue they're revealing it and actually is supposed to come out this year? On the other hand, surprise me!

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA hoping for the shorter hype cycle thinking it is going to make a world of difference.

They let go of hundreds of marketing people earlier this year, which probably has something to do with their "less exciting" reveals being treated like this.

I imagine they cut some of these budgets across the board to gear up for next-gen as well.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Need for Speed needs some true innovation. They've been rehashing concepts about environments, cop modes, customization etc. forever and none of them ever make for a must purchase anymore like they used to all those years ago. And when they do take a gameplay risk, the rest of the game tends to suffer in some respect - More often than not the handling of the cars.

IDK what it'll take, but they're running out of soft reboots or "we're doing it different this time!"s.

That said, I'm ready to throw money at whoever puts together a good, innovative arcade racer. It's crazy how Forza basically has no competition, yet they seem to be innovating over and over.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I just want them to stop the always online/lootbox bullshit and just do a solid game for once.
Need for Speed 2015 had great customization options (even if some cars just didnt have nough parts) but I hated the handling model, race starts always felt really buggy and the alwys online was the worst idea.
Payback really improved the handling, but had to introduce lootboxes and "RPG" mechanics.

I kinda want to the do go away from the burnoit style drifty gameplay and make the cars have more grip again. But not in the awful way that 2015 gave you an option for, where the cars just behaved like fast tanks that are glued to the ground.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Need for Speed needs some true innovation. They've been rehashing concepts about environments, cop modes, customization etc. forever and none of them ever make for a must purchase anymore like they used to all those years ago. And when they do take a gameplay risk, the rest of the game tends to suffer in some respect - More often than not the handling of the cars.

IDK what it'll take, but they're running out of soft reboots or "we're doing it different this time!"s.

That said, I'm ready to throw money at whoever puts together a good, innovative arcade racer. It's crazy how Forza basically has no competition, yet they seem to be innovating over and over.
I just want a game with fast and tacky modded cars, police chases, a handling model not from a zero budget racing game (see: everything past pro street), and a rewarding progression system that makes me feel like I went from 0 to king of the underground (see: test drive unlimited 2.) How does the series just keep messing up a formula that had worked in the past?

Last edited:

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we don't have 'surprise mechanics' and shitty physics again. I just want it to be good arcade racer again

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I really want them to embrace the ridiculousness of the franchise. Go full on Fast and Furious with it.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Rivals and 2015 NFS were decent. Payback on the other hand was 2 major steps backwards. I guess thats why the producer and CD left Ghost.
Hoping Ghost supports HDR w/ Frostbite this time. Anthem sucked but it looked lovely with HDR.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best part about the reveal will be the RT reflections. Unlike Battlefield, it will be at home here

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
I always though a Reboot of the "Underground" Series would be a good Idea... But is Tuning, like it was on NfS: Underground 1+2, still a thing ?

Feb 8, 2018
This will be important for them. If it's Open world (which it will be) it should be like a bigger version of MW 2005 if not HP 2 or older classic NFS and have a modernized handling model of those. My faith level is low.
Forza Horizon is eating their lunch hard, so I hope they embrace the stupidity and go apeshit with the police chases, the tuning and the corny storyline instead. Need For Speed was best when it wasn't taking itself too seriously.
leave out stories in racing games please.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I just want NFS to come back and not need to reinvent itself after every game to varying levels of success.
If this new one just apes Forza Horizon I wouldn't even mind.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure exactly what I want out of a new NFS, but if it happens to be Underground 3 in the same kinda style as the others, I'm totally down.