• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

The creators behind the award-winning German series DARK, which received praise and excited fans around the world, have kicked off production for their next and highly anticipated show: "1899" The eight episodes follow the mysterious circumstances around the voyage of an immigrant ship from Europe to New York. The passengers, all of different backgrounds and nationalities, are united by their hopes and dreams for a new century and their future abroad. When they discover a second ship adrift on the open sea that had gone missing for months, their journey takes an unexpected turn. What they find on board will turn their passage to the promised land into a nightmare-like riddle, connecting each of the passenger's pasts through a web of secrets.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
looks interesting for sure, love the tone and music already.

dark was pretty great except for some stuff in the last season

Dec 6, 2017
US
I absolutely loved the first season of Dark especially so this is a must. I'm totally into eerie sea stuff and all that so yes please.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah. I love a good spooky boat story. If anyone ITT has not watched The Terror they should do so! And read the book!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So it has barely started filming, or does it refer to post production already? Anyway I'll watch this over any new series or videogame. Loved Dark more like anything else in the service. They can take all the time they need, I'll be there.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Sounds interesting.

I need to check out Dark, worth watching?

Nope. it is a tedious slog that gets worse. The acting is choppy, robotic and every talks as if they are uttering something incredible profound but in reality is banal. The ending is great though I would not say it is worth it.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Straight into my fuckings. Even if the last season of Dark got muddled, it's still an all time show for me and I'm there day one for whatever the creators do.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching anything made by this team after Dark. That show was pretty much perfect (and dat cinematography 🥵).

Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Count me in. I adored Dark and I'm already liking the moody tone set by the trailer.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know when it's going to release?
Nope. it is a tedious slog that gets worse. The acting is choppy, robotic and every talks as if they are uttering something incredible profound but in reality is banal. The ending is great though I would not say it is worth it.
This is a shittake of the highest order. Acting is amazing on the show.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
When they discover a second ship adrift on the open sea that had gone missing for months, their journey takes an unexpected turn. What they find on board will turn their passage to the promised land into a nightmare-like riddle, connecting each of the passenger's pasts through a web of secrets.

I wonder ... (just thinking about the premiss of the show)

... if they discover that the passengers onboard the lost ship are themselves. I can see potential in a scenario like that. If they're always lost at sea, that would be another loop (tick, tock) they have to break.

Last edited:

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
This was pretty much my response to it.

As for this series, the synopsis intrigued me reading the first few sentences, then it hit me that this must be yet another supernatural horror. Yawn

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
inb4 Everyone in the ship is related to each other.

I'm in, Dark was absolutey amazing.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
There's a new teaser! (trailer June 6th)

Stranger is in! The feels

Dark has my expectations way too high.
But damn how can they not be, they even got Ben Frost back for the original score fuck yea

35ju1nfo2q291.jpg

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Dark was for the most part pretty spectacular, great story, and even better characters and cinematography, so I'm hyped!

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY

I'm with you, despite it being a very unpopular opinion around here. These folks won't fool me again after going through all of Dark (a show that peaked during the first season and got much worse after).

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to find out more about this. My daughter and I binge watched all of Dark a couple months ago, such a fantastic show.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
As others have said, Dark is masterful and that this is by those creators is really all I needed to hear. I'm not going to watch or read a damn thing about this if I can help it.

Goodbye friends!

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I personally thought Dark was an overrated show but still very entertaining so I'll check this out.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Tangential but I started listening to the Dark companion podcast and it has further cemented my love for the show. The quality, care, and depth of it's elements is astounding.

Where else can you listen to an hour of colour theory and be riveted idk lol

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
First of all, how the shit did I not know about this holy hell

second

Tangential but I started listening to the Dark companion podcast and it has further cemented my love for the show. The quality, care, and depth of it's elements is astounding.

Where else can you listen to an hour of colour theory and be riveted idk lol
thank you so much for this its awesome

laocoonphoto.jpg