• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Morello on Garen is gooooood. Loses hard to Kassadin, sadly, but what spell build doesn't?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
last night this person had the luckiest game ever
i was at 100 hp the entire time
there was 4 people left
they get down to 2 hp
hits 6 sorc/3 elemenalist build
takes like 20 hp off me
gets 3 star Veigar
takes another 20 hp off me
knocks out the 4th person
takes more hp off me
repeat til he wins against the last person that had 3 hp and a mixed build

his dam build was foolproof once he got the 100% spell damage build and no one had Assassins]

Lol nice title op
The amount of times I've said 6 assassins In the past few weeks is staggering.
just Yordle and hope Gnar doesn't auto die fast

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
What I like about the game is all the viable options to win (except lockets, it sucks).

I've won with rangers, gunslingers, elementals, assassins, draven. The only thing that really sucks is yordles and Fiora lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Been hooked on this game.

I feel like elementals and rangers are both so good, always end up falling into some type of comp with them involved lol

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017
Elementalists is very good as a backup option too. You keep Lissandra and Kennen just in case, and as soon as you get Brand you can switch and hit a nice power spike. If you manage to reach Brand lvl2 with items and replace Lissandra with Anivia, it's incredibly hard to beat, especially if you have a cc-heavy frontline (Cho, Sejuani, Leona) and a safeguard for the backline on top of Daisy (Kindred, Kayle, Lulu).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What I like about the game is all the viable options to win (except lockets, it sucks).

I've won with rangers, gunslingers, elementals, assassins, draven. The only thing that really sucks is yordles and Fiora lol.
I went up against a Sorc team with a three star Kassadin frontliner and a Lulu sporting not one, not two, but three lockets in the middle.

Literally unkillable.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
My fun in this game is looking at cheat sheets and trying to find out which combination might work.
If this game expand with more characters and classes, it can get pretty crazy.

Right now I am trying to make demons work.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I went up against a Sorc team with a three star Kassadin frontliner and a Lulu sporting not one, not two, but three lockets in the middle.

Literally unkillable.

yeah, 3-6 sorcs + 3 lockets on the middleman is what's ruling the meta. The way to beat it is Dragons+Sorcs (so Asol+Shyv). Whenever you see a locket stacker being built you pretty much have to change your entire loadout based on the comp if you want to get 1st place.

anyways, it's being nerfed next week. Look forward to a whole bunch of new changes/meta. (:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Elementalists is very good as a backup option too. You keep Lissandra and Kennen just in case, and as soon as you get Brand you can switch and hit a nice power spike. If you manage to reach Brand lvl2 with items and replace Lissandra with Anivia, it's incredibly hard to beat, especially if you have a cc-heavy frontline (Cho, Sejuani, Leona) and a safeguard for the backline on top of Daisy (Kindred, Kayle, Lulu).
Yup, exactly what I did here.
xXUEXEn.png

I had lockets too, which I didn't know was a strategy other people were using. The setup to the end of the round was weird because I was losing to the guy that came in 6th every time, but I guess someone else knocked him out and I never so him again. The guy in 2nd and I actually both won two rounds against each other at the end, but he had lower health going in so I beat him on the second win.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
fuck this game sometimes. i was UNTOUCHED for like 20 rounds, couldn't get a single 2 star tank champ so i ended up losing to the guy with 18 hp and 3 star morde and garen

i haven't seen a single result screen ever yet you all are posting screenshots of them

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
So, interest check - anyone want to do a Resetera era scrim of 8 peeps? Nothing too formal, but I'm willing to personally kicking in a RP prize if there's 8 of y'all. Probably would need to be Monday or Tuesday night if I could participate - but playing in big organized groups tends to be a Good Time For All (tm)

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
So, interest check - anyone want to do a Resetera era scrim of 8 peeps? Nothing too formal, but I'm willing to personally kicking in a RP prize if there's 8 of y'all. Probably would need to be Monday or Tuesday night if I could participate - but playing in big organized groups tends to be a Good Time For All (tm)
I'm a complete noob but I'm down to play if needed

also tagging this thread cuz I couldnt find it before :)

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I'm very much down

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017

i'd love to join!

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Just made it all the way to the final two without losing a single fight. Then the other dude had a full team of assassins with items, and my comp got destroyed (and I went for the Reroll strat, which fucking rules, but I didn't have enough of a tank presence to survive the initial assassin dive).

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017

ooo I'd be down as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
this game still needs more information at least optionally turned on. it seems obvious that people have different armor values but at times it doesn't i.e. using or against Void set buff

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
this game still needs more information at least optionally turned on. it seems obvious that people have different armor values but at times it doesn't i.e. using or against Void set buff
There is a big patch coming next week with a ton of changes like ranked, dps meter, item drop changes and more detailed stats when inspecting a unit.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
There is a big patch coming next week with a ton of changes like ranked, dps meter, item drop changes and more detailed stats when inspecting a unit.
Yup, sounds like there is a much needed QoL patch coming in to address most of your issues.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Yup, sounds like there is a much needed QoL patch coming in to address most of your issues.
So annoying that after I get a hero I can't see his stats, the name of the weapon and more ¬¬
fuck this game sometimes. i was UNTOUCHED for like 20 rounds, couldn't get a single 2 star tank champ so i ended up losing to the guy with 18 hp and 3 star morde and garen
I was doing really well, 94 hp, but I got destroyed by a guy with 30 hp 3 times.

Last edited:

Greenlock

Oct 3, 2018
last night this person had the luckiest game ever
i was at 100 hp the entire time
there was 4 people left
they get down to 2 hp
hits 6 sorc/3 elemenalist build
takes like 20 hp off me
gets 3 star Veigar
takes another 20 hp off me
knocks out the 4th person
takes more hp off me
repeat til he wins against the last person that had 3 hp and a mixed build

his dam build was foolproof once he got the 100% spell damage build and no one had Assassins]

I have had some luck with a shapeshifter/elementalist/demon build against that. Carry shyv with bt/hurricane/pd and two asol, one stacked with shojin*2 and rurikaan(2*rod item). Glacials can work too and demons if you have enough hp/dragon claws.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Can I add y'all as friends being on another server? (I play on the brazillian server)

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017

I'm happy to play as well. Monday or Tuesday night US time works for me.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate when I lose to Goodstuff drafts. No synergies past level 1 but hey they've got 5 3 stars so what does it matter?

;__;

Oct 25, 2017
The balance in PBE seems pretty off, everyone going demon/shapeshifters. Hopefully they make some good adjustments before it goes live.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i'd like it if they added some randomness in unit values as a range but that would never be coded that way.

my problem with shapeshifters is that it's painful trying to consistently get them to transform when you can get other champs spell off at least once. i don't think i have ever gotten a 1 star shvana to live to transform and last 1 second in the form.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I'd a pretty interesting Kennen build going with Morello and Shojin, had to step away from the computer and surrender though. Anybody have experience with Morello builds?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Had a good thing going with Ninja/Assassins after I lucked into a Ghostblade, but I just couldn't get any three stars.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I've been having success going Elementalist/Glacial with Brand as my carry. If you can get a 2nd demon for that synergy it feels pretty good to my noob brain. I'm sure eventually someone I'm playing against will show me the error of my ways, but so far I'm at three #1s in a row and a couple of top 5 finishes before that. It's doing so well in my last few games that I'm actually kinda scared to experiment with much else lol

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hell yea

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having success going Elementalist/Glacial with Brand as my carry. If you can get a 2nd demon for that synergy it feels pretty good to my noob brain. I'm sure eventually someone I'm playing against will show me the error of my ways, but so far I'm at three #1s in a row and a couple of top 5 finishes before that. It's doing so well in my last few games that I'm actually kinda scared to experiment with much else lol

Glacial Elemental is super good

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
League of Graphs has a tierlist now; just by the numbers, if you can draft Glacial/Anything, you wanna do it - Ashe and Sejuani are both first tier, as is Garen, who you probably want in Glacial anyway for the 2 knight synergy. Him or Mordekaiser if you're planning on getting all the Rangers.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Ok, if people are interested, please post the following (new registrations don't count! sorry!)

Server (I'll play on NA, but if there's enough EU/BR/LAN/LAS people to fill a full custom I'll sponsor a small prize for that one too)
Summoner Name (i'm "caylen")
Three Best Times for Availability In Evening (mine is 7pm-10pm PST Mon, Tues, Wed)
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next, including star, origin, class and champ ability (I think Bard, Sorcerer/Exile, 3 star, the Q)

Once we have a/some groups of 8, I'll personally sponsor the first 3 custom scrims I identify (read: I can spectate and verify it happened), with 1820 RP going to first place in each!