• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still seeing so many people do the 2-3 Luden's Nami build. Don't think I've ever seen any of those people make top 4. Got 9 Mage twice today. Won the first game but choked the 2nd not getting all 9 of them out there and got 4th. Still got up to Plat 3 even with that though.

Edit: They already removed the Morgana change and tweaked a couple items.

Last edited:

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I highly recommend trying Warlords. They have been very consistent for me and if you hit Hextech + QSS for Kat, she carries you through the game but you start to fall off very late unless you hit 9 Warlords.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I highly recommend trying Warlords. They have been very consistent for me and if you hit Hextech + QSS for Kat, she carries you through the game but you start to fall off very late unless you hit 9 Warlords.

Agree that Warlord is probably the most consistent build. It's the only build that doesn't have comps that completely demolishes it (besides maybe Divine but no one goes it anymore). Getting a silver Katarina early can carry you through the mid game but you really need a gold one to win with Warlord.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still seeing so many people do the 2-3 Luden's Nami build.

Yeah been seeing a lot of Nami.

Enlightened was ridiculous, I absolutely destroyed everyone with enlightened assassins. Wasn't even close. I forget what happened in the last patch, is enlightened fixed now?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Fucking A. Had finally a good warlord build with food items and then lost 70hp to a choosen Nami carry with deathcap and 2 ludians and 6 mage buff 4 enlighten

I was 7 Warlord, 4 keeper 2 sharpshooters

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I've never tried Mage with Enightened. My main Mage build is 6 Mage/4 Dusk. For Warlord I feel that at least 2 Assassin is mandatory because Katarina is usually your main carry. A friend of mine keeps stacking items on his Nidalee but it hasn't been going well. I don't actually do a single build that goes above 2 Keeper, and the only builds I actually go 2 Keeper with regularly are Warlord and Sharpshooter.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It's crazy that even with the Morgana revert that Enlightened is still super broken. Guess people just kept sleeping on Talon and now that he saw some play people realized he's broken as hell lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Massive HP lead, lots of combined items. 9 warlord with 3 fortune. 2 keeper. Get down to me and another person. They got Ahri I auto loss every round because impossible to kill Ahri twice

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Massive HP lead, lots of combined items. 9 warlord with 3 fortune. 2 keeper. Get down to me and another person. They got Ahri I auto loss every round because impossible to kill Ahri twice

Ahri's getting adjusted next patch so hopefully they change that. I hate trying to use Ahri as a carry because she either solo's most of the team or does nothing. When I build Mage I use most of my items on Veigar and Annie. I don't use Ahri for any other builds.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Ahri's getting adjusted next patch so hopefully they change that. I hate trying to use Ahri as a carry because she either solo's most of the team or does nothing. When I build Mage I use most of my items on Veigar and Annie. I don't use Ahri for any other builds.
I had Warlord Jinx with 3k HP and the Ahri basically killed it solo with 2 double cast. Had tanks with life steal or MR item. Didn't matter got chunked hard by dam mages who don't have a lot of hp

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I had Warlord Jinx with 3k HP and the Ahri basically killed it solo with 2 double cast. Had tanks with life steal or MR item. Didn't matter got chunked hard by dam mages who don't have a lot of hp

I've noticed Warlord Jinx seems to be the popular 9 Warlord build. I don't think I've ever actually gone 9 Warlord. The only Spatula-required builds I generally do are 9 Mage and 8 Duelist. If I get multiple Spatula's in a game I go for 6 Dusk too.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I've noticed Warlord Jinx seems to be the popular 9 Warlord build. I don't think I've ever actually gone 9 Warlord. The only Spatula-required builds I generally do are 9 Mage and 8 Duelist. If I get multiple Spatula's in a game I go for 6 Dusk too.
Got 1 warlord item from rotation and made the other to keep fortune for some more rolls. Was 1 or 2 pieces from some 3 stars

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
yet another 3rd place b/c 2 people hard pivoted into Khalista's

had a 3 star Kench (with warmogs and true damage burn), 3 star Nami, almost a 3 star Jinx 6 fortune, 3 mage just destroying people. got the person trying to hard Ahri out the paint, only to get speared hard

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
They need to do something about crit in my opinion. Everyone is just slamming IE and LW on their carries and it works. There needs to be more counterplay than just Bramble.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a gold Zilean twice in the last 3 days. Their team becomes basically unkillable with it. Also not sure I like how viable rushing to 9, selling your team and remaking it with 5/4 cost units is. At least one of my friends is doing it in almost every game right now.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone get a gold Sett in one of my games for the first time. Literally one shots the entire team (including a gold Cassiopeia which was my first time seeing that too).

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Saw someone get a gold Sett in one of my games for the first time. Literally one shots the entire team (including a gold Cassiopeia which was my first time seeing that too).
Lol haven't seen too many Setts in weeks

Just had a game hot 8 divine with Vayne divine. Had 83 hp and knocked all but 1 person out. They had 36 hp and then put out 2 Setts with stun on ability hit and just slammed their way to victory with a little help from GA kennen

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Lol haven't seen too many Setts in weeks

Just had a game hot 8 divine with Vayne divine. Had 83 hp and knocked all but 1 person out. They had 36 hp and then put out 2 Setts with stun on ability hit and just slammed their way to victory with a little help from GA kennen
I've been liking making Vayne one of my carries lately. Part of that is because I can't get decent Jinx items but still. Also had a game where I got a gold Jhin for the first time. Had an Infinity Edge, Runaan's and Rabadon's on him and he completely annihilated everything.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i just couldn't believe that Sett was single handledly beating my team when i had the 15 second damage reduction on 8 out of 9 units. his health regen was happening as the reduction wore off then he'd come in and slame

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Sigh had the most successful pivot I've ever had only to lose because 6! Yone's between 3 people was made for exile buff. One person had two 2 stars of Yone with 1 with 2 warmogs. Couldn't stop it due to not getting favorable targets from my 1 star Kindred with IE, deathcap. Ability crit item doing 1.7k per cast

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I hit my first three star five cost a few days ago in a Ranked game (Zilean) and felt great! The other guy remaining said gg immediately and I won the game in the next fight lol

I'm looking forward to learning the meta after the new patch before going back to Ranked. Been finding myself favouring Dusk a lot in the past week and I think it'll still be strong (though delayed) so gonna try hitting it in Normals a bit!

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I won today by sheet luck and constant placement moving running 5 dazzlers + chosen dazzler + 3 mages. 3rd place person chunked the other who just started his yone comp to the point o barely won and knocked them out for 1st place

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Gah, I just hit some dumb bug at 4hp left where the opponent's low health, low mana Sett and my full health Diana 4 were the last two units on board and wouldn't attack one another or move until time ran out and we tied which was enough damage to kill me -.- Got 4th when I was strong enough to take a 3rd/2nd.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Fuck this new strat rushing to get multiple Yone's. Person sold their entire team and had two 2 star Yone's to win
It requires a really strong early and mid game. I've been decent in the early game but having a hard time transitioning to hit 9 late. It feels like Warlords and Cultists are the easiest way to do this outside of some of the 1 cost chosen carries and hitting right. Nami + Fortune into Nami + Legendaries worked well for me. Got two 1sts yesterday with Nami :3 I used to bottom 2 most of the time with Nami because I would lowroll and die in Stage 4 to the power spikes. Having the spikes happen a stage later has been great for her.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Was going to go 6 fortune 6 assassin again but decided to do 6 duelist because I got a early 2 star Kalista. Ran into a 4 star hunter comp that it was mostly rock paper scissors til the last 2 rounds and couldn't put rotate against the wall of units + Kindred
Shall never go not assassin's when going fortune

Last edited:

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I have apparently forgotten how to play this game and dropped close to 200 LP over two days and demoted to Plat I =[

It's so hard to get used to the tempo of the new patch after the last few.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
suddenly seeing a lot more cultist builds again..dam it i can't wait til that's gone
Really? I feel like it's in a decent place with its power curve. Especially given how hard it is to pivot off of. If anything it feels weak-ish because of the lack of synergies you usually have unless you get lucky with an early Jhin that you're running alongside a sharpshooter. The early Cultist units outside of Pyke are just so underwhelming =( I still quite like early Cultist chosens though.

I did have a really fun game a few days ago where I went from 3 Cultist -> 6 Cultist -> 9 Cultist -> 6 Cultist -> 3 Cultist over the course of one game which was super fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Really? I feel like it's in a decent place with its power curve. Especially given how hard it is to pivot off of. If anything it feels weak-ish because of the lack of synergies you usually have unless you get lucky with an early Jhin that you're running alongside a sharpshooter. The early Cultist units outside of Pyke are just so underwhelming =( I still quite like early Cultist chosens though.

I did have a really fun game a few days ago where I went from 3 Cultist -> 6 Cultist -> 9 Cultist -> 6 Cultist -> 3 Cultist over the course of one game which was super fun.
i'll be too deep into what i'm making then someone hard rolls into Cultist so cultist starts popping up for others and they go it to, by time i recover i'm too low hp and get slighty chunked

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I was climbing kinda steadily and hit a losing streak where I went 7th, 8th, 8th to get demoted to Diamond II and then just had this game:

DT8Ndu7.png

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
That was the turning point. Had a great series of games today and got promoted to Masters for the first time ever!

affzIst.png

Think I need to take a break from TFT until 4.5 and play some other games.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Well I'm not impressed with the mid-set refresh so far. Doesn't feel even remotely close to a good balance point.
I loved where Set 4.0 ended up (outside of Ahri maybe being overtuned) but was mostly playing PBE when I had time over the last little while. What issues do you have?

I think Olaf and Samira are super strong making Slayers strong in general, but there seems to be a good amount of carries and different units that work throughout. My biggest issue that a lot of champs really want a lot of bow items late game.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I loved where Set 4.0 ended up (outside of Ahri maybe being overtuned) but was mostly playing PBE when I had time over the last little while. What issues do you have?

I think Olaf and Samira are super strong making Slayers strong in general, but there seems to be a good amount of carries and different units that work throughout. My biggest issue that a lot of champs really want a lot of bow items late game.

Just feels like not that many synergies are actually viable. Maybe I just need to put more time in but so far I've only seen Xayah builds, Aurelion Sol builds and then some people trying to force Duelist early. Xayah especially annoys me because you put a healing item on her and she full heals on every cast while completely shredding the entire team, or at least that's been my experience against her so far.

I didn't touch PBE so maybe it's just my early frustrations but it seems like most of the new stuff, with the exception of Slayer, is pretty meh. Though granted I haven't really been able to try Executioner which seems like it'd be strong on paper.

Edit: Yeah, just fuck Asol in general. Way overtuned.

Last edited:

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Executioner 3Kayle is very strong but really likes having some bows. Xayah is also super strong and not sure why people weren't giving her credit before.

I had a ridiculous high roll game earlier where I hit Chosen Vi and Shyvana for Brawler 4 at 2-2 and then snowballed to a fast 9, found Chosen Yone, set up Samira 2 and imo the strongest board possible that exists unit-wise... and lost to Elderwood Mage (Xayah / A Sol) because my items weren't very good and they had gotten great items + Orn to outscale me :( Solid 2nd though. Can't win them all and I was super lucky. Don't regret any of my item slams as that's how I got to 2nd.

The other game I got to play today was Diana re-roll which felt super strong but I somehow went wayyyy too long without hitting Pyke for a second assassin since I was chosen spirit. If I had earlier I would've got top 4 easily but bled too much health. Felt super strong after I hit the 3* though. I thought she was going to be useless with the loss of moonlight but it's nice to see Diana still viable.

I think there's a lot of good stuff. I need to decide on my go-tos so I can make more focused decisions in the mid game.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
New patch
Didn't think Elder/mage would work but it did after some struggle and some item usage
Lost to hard MR with Vanguard now having MR and then they went Mystic and had enough damage to just straight win with 3 star Naught and Janna

Spirit is next to useless with the other changes

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Played a few more games, I think this is the least fun I've had with the game so far. Getting rolled by Duelists early or get your team instant deleted by Asol late. Shit just isn't fun.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I made it to diamond spamming elderwood. Now playing non ranked getting bodied trying new shit. Early game fells super rough if you don't high roll.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Just had some mild success, top 3, going dragon soul. Super early 3 start Yasou prevented me from getting top 2 and they won it over me and the sharpshooter