• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
SO I just sacrificed a match to finish the 6 cultist mission....had them on the board for two matches. Checked and had the trait and the upgraded Galleon...didnt get the quest completion...ffs rito

Quest completion can sometimes take a few minutes to an hour to update, maybe it's lagging behind.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Bullshit. This person got 6 fortune and had a Jhin that did 75k damage before anyone else of his units did 1.5k
Screenshot-20201012-235344.png

Screenshot-20201012-235406.png

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
9h1porlwuis51.png

Also here is the upcoming patch. Aphelios should be done as he gets the CC nerf. I think 6 Divine is going to be a comp now. Also new ZZ'Rot will be interesting. Anyway, expect meta to change.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts:

Moonlight takes a massive hit with the Aphelios and Diana nerfs. I don't think 5 Moonlight will be great.
Sharpshooter got a decent sized buff (never gotten a gold Jhin so that nerf doesn't change much).
8 Vanguard sounds fun but I don't think will be that good.
Hunter got an unnecessary buff (felt it was one of the stronger builds already and still probably would have been even with the Aphelios nerf).
Shade nerf would have been good without the damage increase.
Divine change is interesting but I don't know how much of a buff it actually is.
Hard to make much of the Cultist change without seeing it in action.
Quicksilver got a deserved nerf which could have gone even farther. I'd rather they nerf absorbs (specifically Janna and Gunblade) than trying to make other items deal with them better. The Zz'Rot change is really interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Thoughts:

Moonlight takes a massive hit with the Aphelios and Diana nerfs. I don't think 5 Moonlight will be great.
Sharpshooter got a decent sized buff (never gotten a gold Jhin so that nerf doesn't change much).
8 Vanguard sounds fun but I don't think will be that good.
Hunter got an unnecessary buff (felt it was one of the stronger builds already and still probably would have been even with the Aphelios nerf).
Shade nerf would have been good without the damage increase.
Divine change is interesting but I don't know how much of a buff it actually is.
Hard to make much of the Cultist change without seeing it in action.
Quicksilver got a deserved nerf which could have gone even farther. I'd rather they nerf absorbs (specifically Janna and Gunblade) than trying to make other items deal with them better. The Zz'Rot change is really interesting.
can give vanguard to make it worth, just have a 2 item main damage dealer with vanguard spatula for free 1500 armor to protect against assasins

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Tried Divine, it's better but not as great as I thought. Would need to make your own divine at divine 6. Gonna try and get consistently Kalista Divine and can benefit from 2 duelist at least. When I tried I couldn't get a Warwick to pop despite no one going divine or brawlers

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Tried 5 Moonlight and didn't do well with it, but I think it's more viable then I thought it'd be. I tried going Brawler with it (with Sylas one of my 4 Stars) but I just didn't have the damage with it. I think the optimal build with it will be Assassin. A few other observations I've had are Cultist is (IMO) better this patch and Sharpshooter might be the best build with the Nidalee and Teemo buffs.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I had my first non-elderwood win in set 4 with mages. Was losing fairly consistently to the other player left. With 1 health left, was short one gold to be able to buy the Veigar that would get him to three stars, moved my team placement around a bit to see if it would help, and took out the other player and won.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Is Ahri still a viable build? I tried Vangaurd Ahri and sometimes she can just delete most of the enemy team in one shot, other times it doesn't work so well.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Had a game with Fortune last night. Did a loss streak till about 21 HP, banked big, and eventually took the win with a level 3 Yone. Shit was ridiculous.

Been having a lot of luck with Adept/Mystic with Kindred carry recently.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Just now jumping into some games after the last patch and holy hell, how do you fuck up this badly? I'm all for experimenting and trying to make other strategies relevant but something this broken never should have made it to live.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Hit Platinum today after a rollercoaster of games. Started today at 84 lp in Gold 1. First game I finished last trying to go Hunter because I couldn't find a Warwick and had terrible items. Next game I finished 7th because I was still tilted from the last game and kept changing my build before eventually settling on Divine. Third game of the day I got a chosen Duelist Yasuo first turn and ended up going 6 Duelist/4 Divine with a Divine Kalista. Finished 2nd that game. Finally my last game of the day, I got an early chosen Warlord Nidalee and pushed 6 Warlord early to build up stacks. Started the game on a big win streak, which let me hit level 7 pretty early with a good economy. Got a gold Katarina and Xin Zhao, and then got a silver Azir shortly before winning, which got me to Platinum.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Ok I can't make sharpshooters work then I got 4 early by like the 3rd PvP round. Then rush to get Kennen and another keeper. And just auto win unless someone goes heavy Mage. Then wait for choosen sharpshooter so get to 6 and then rush level to 9 to get 4 keeper and if you place correctly you shouldn't ever lose.
Won with 83 hp against a divine 2 star yoni and duelist, etc
Screenshot-20201020-035107.png

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I can't make sharpshooters work then I got 4 early by like the 3rd PvP round. Then rush to get Kennen and another keeper. And just auto win unless someone goes heavy Mage. Then wait for choosen sharpshooter so get to 6 and then rush level to 9 to get 4 keeper and if you place correctly you shouldn't ever lose.
Won with 83 hp against a divine 2 star yoni and duelist, etc

When I build Sharpshooter I go 4 Dusk instead of Keeper, as well as 2 Vanguard. My frontline with Sharpshooter is Thresh and Hecarim. Usually I'll swap out Hecarim to hit 4 Dusk since I almost never reach level 9.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I can never half go Vanguard someone will always pivot heavy and I get chunked in hp before I can correct it. Getting 9 and 4 keeper is a insurance policy. Having 3 with Kennen (and in return protecting Jhin and Jinx) being the protected one is the real plan

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I've only tried going full Vanguard like once and finished 4th with it. I actually go 2 Vanguard a lot because of how good most of them are as supports. In my 6 Warlord win that got me to Platinum, I had an Aatrox that came in clutch by dragging away a Nami and letting my Katarina get a full Ult off (didn't have a Quicksilver on her).

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i tried a single tank+thresh build once that worked til 5-1, choosen divine Wu for the armor and the damage reduction and double armor/mr item when targeted by units

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So getting back to back Sharpshooter chosen is a nice easy way to climb :p

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
And play anything else is instant loss. I am going to take a break until they hotfix sharpshooters.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ahri is the ultimate queen! Here to put those pesky sharpshooters in their place

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Got second place by accident trying (and failing) to complete the 3-shades quest. Cultists/Keepers with a Chosen Assassin Pyke. Very wacky. Had 4 3-star units do despite all-Bronze synergies I did okay.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Double post:

unknown.png

Look y'all duelists CAN win!

As long as nobody goes full sharpshooter and you get 3 Neeko's Helps. And a Duelist spat on the Yone.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Double post:

unknown.png

Look y'all duelists CAN win!

As long as nobody goes full sharpshooter and you get 3 Neeko's Helps. And a Duelist spat on the Yone.

Duelist is probably the 2nd most consistent build I do well with below Sharpshooter. At worst most of the time I finish at least 5th with it. If I get a gold Kalista I never finish below top 3.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Duelist is probably the 2nd most consistent build I do well with below Sharpshooter. At worst most of the time I finish at least 5th with it. If I get a gold Kalista I never finish below top 3.
Whenever I try to go hard for it I feel like the pieces evaporate or I don't get the items.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Duelist is heavily dependent on getting the right items on your Kalista. A Runaan's is mandatory since the proc counts toward her ability. My favorite build for her is Runann's, Rageblade and Rabadon's.
Didn't get one of those! Had a Giant Slayer I tossed on her as a lark, but most of my items ended up on Yone and Yasuo.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get one of those! Had a Giant Slayer I tossed on her as a lark, but most of my items ended up on Yone and Yasuo.

I really don't like stacking items on Yasuo. He's so squishy that you're banking on him outhealing whatever is attacking him. With Duelist I put tank items on Jax/Lee Sin (if I'm able to get one) and usually use Xin Zhao as a secondary carry unless I'm also going 4 Divine where I use a Warwick for that instead.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like stacking items on Yasuo. He's so squishy so you're banking on him outhealing whatever is attacking him. With Duelist I put tank items on Jax/Lee Sin (if I'm able to get one) and usually use Xin Zhao as a secondary carry unless I'm also going 4 Divine where I use a Warwick for that instead.
Xin Zhao, huh. I can't say I'm a fan of him. Always feels really anemic.

Here, I had the Duelist spat on Yone along with an Ionic Spark and a Quicksilver, then a Deathblade and Fist of Justice (or whatever it's called) on Yone. Shen got the tank items. Stuck a Thieves' Glove on Lee Sin, that actually put in some work.

My issue with trying to carry through Kalista here is that I only got the 2 Recurve Bows, and I needed one of them for the spat item, so there just weren't a lot of good items to stick on Kalista. Plus I was drowning in Long Swords.

(Truth be told I was going for the 3 Adept quest this go 'round, thus the focus on Yone. Just surprised it worked out this well.)

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
finally got 6 fortune...ran into 9 cultist and we took turns taking hp off each other, 3rd person had a 3 star chain dude i'm blanking on the name and just outlasted us with 5 hp when m and cultist more or less took each other out

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I feel dirty....
Splashing Kindred for the spirit buff worked wonders.

unknown.png

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
ya dirty cultist user, i've never even let 3 cultist happen

I've barely been seeing anyone go Cultist lately. The majority of builds I've been seeing are Divine and Spirit, with a good amount of Assassin builds as well. Thankfully Ahri and Akali are getting nerfed next patch, so that should open up a bit more viability of builds.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I've barely been seeing anyone go Cultist lately. The majority of builds I've been seeing are Divine and Spirit, with a good amount of Assassin builds as well. Thankfully Ahri and Akali are getting nerfed next patch, so that should open up a bit more viability of builds.

Same, actually makes it really good for climbing at lower ranks in my opinion since it's not all that contested and in most cases it'll be an easy top 4.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I had a win with 6 enlightened yesterday. Worked quite well. Three star Nami, Fiora and Janna. I kind of had a feeling I might win because almost all the other players were river sprites...

I keep trying to get Vanguard Ahri to work and every time I try to force it my rolls are terrible.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Cultist buff plus the Evelynn buff makes me think Cultist will be one of the better builds next patch. Dazzler should be less of a meme with all the buffs but I'm not sure how viable it'll be. Sharpshooter getting nerfed makes me a little sad because of how much it carried me but now it maybe won't completely invalidate other builds (Duelist and Mage mainly).

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
just when i think my brawler build will work..fucking cultist. i went lika week without seeing one stick to it now twice in 2 days when going brawlers

Runnan's...sharpshooters gonna be extra extra now

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Huuuuuge buff to Runaan's there. Sharpshooters, Hunters, both very happy.

Thinking about it, doesn't actually help Kalista all that much, she's not really there for that.