• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
lol daily bullshit

a karma by herself with 6 dark star survived multiple stuns and irealia cast with her 300% ability shield until hyper time
also said person got a spatula drop in the round 2 mobs and created a dark star item

then in round 3 someone else got 6 blasters

the other day had a match that started everyone at 125HP

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
mVeHRky.jpg

Finally got a second place. He was one defeat from death but I hit a wall on my "build" and didn't know where to go next. Out of money, not close enough to 3 star anyone else or get another level.

I noticed during this match ... twice towards the end it seemed like competitors were legit snatching minions that would have GREATLY benefitted me. Maybe its just bad luck or paranoia. Or maybe actual good players look at the leaders builds and benches and snipe their opportunities. I was furious man. lol

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017
mVeHRky.jpg

Finally got a second place. He was one defeat from death but I hit a wall on my "build" and didn't know where to go next. Out of money, not close enough to 3 star anyone else or get another level.

I noticed during this match ... twice towards the end it seemed like competitors were legit snatching minions that would have GREATLY benefitted me. Maybe its just bad luck or paranoia. Or maybe actual good players look at the leaders builds and benches and snipe their opportunities. I was furious man. lol

Yeah I'll snipe people occasionally if nothing looks interesting and I know someone is close. It's rare. Maybe once every 10-15 games, but I'll do it if I have gold to burn.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Pulled off a win with Blasters before Lucian gets hit tomorrow. Really love that comp.

Imagine we're going to be seeing a LOT of Sorcerers and Star Guardians tomorrow. Might just force a lot of Mystics into my comps for the next few days.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Played my 1 game of the day. Xerath is the truth if you can protect and/or get his attack speed up if the text can be believed

Got a 2 star early did great but ran into the brick of 6 star guardian and 3 star Ahri

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
almost platinum (frickin gold 1 99lp rn) but still have barely won any games. Right now I'm trending towards star guardians a lot

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Got third earlier with a real mess of a comp. 4 sorc (Zoe, Ahri, Lux, Vel'Koz), topped off with 2 Vanguard (Poppy, Mordekaiser) and 2 mystic (Soraka and Karma). Wouldn't have gone much of anywhere but as it turns out Jeweled Gauntlet and 2 Seraphs on Vel does quite a bit of work. Got him 2* early, too. Eventually though they started blowing up my team faster than I was blowing up theirs and that was that.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Got Demolitionist on Aurelion Sol for the first time and dear god what a disgusting thing that is. Another player had a 3 star Irelia with good items and was just dominating all game, once I turned Aurelion Sol into a Demolitionist he just crumbled lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
New game new day
2nd place just happens to get 5 three stars
1st place had 8/9 dark stars
3rd place just happen to have blitz at the right spot to destroy my GP which was a large chunk of my damage with ability can crit IE and another crit item. Where if he cast it does 5k damage in damage meter

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the blitzcrank thing just scouting? If you're down to 4 players you can position around one of 2 opponents accordingly

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's why Blitz is always going to be a valuable pick for moving people up the ladder, he encourages and rewards good scouting.

Plus, it's hilarious to slap a bunch of spell damage stuff on him.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Fuck.. I almost had a perfect game but it got ruined and I ended up 2nd all because a person gota Jayce into near Ra mode. They put protector item, frozen heart and the MR resistance one and it got me low enough when it was the final 3 that the other person knocked them out then me due to a 7 protector comp

4 Chrono, 2 snipe, 2 mystic (soraka karma). Ashe and Caitlyn both have on hit burn, hurricane and either disable or rageblade

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Easiest first place of my life with Celestial + Jayce/Darius. Granted I got lucky with a couple spatula items late game but even still I had I had like 60 health remaining.

Definitely feel like they're gonna hit Jayce or Darius pretty quick considering just how many people are trying to force it right now.

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but that actually balances it out a bit. Now that 3-4 people go pirates every game, it's pretty impossible to get a viable build with them going. Too bad, because I can't figure out a way to make Cybernetic work without early game pirates giving extra gold.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Star board is trash unless you purposefully lose to get first choice on 2nd and 3rd carousel. Someone got a free 2nd star GP with the ability can crit item built

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I've altogether stopped playing set 3 since Runeterra came to mobile, any news when new units are coming?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Was just Dominating had like a 49 hp buffer. And 2 people both pivoted to 4 pirates and 1 or 2 star soraka Sona and just destroyed me taking turns. Either Darius survived long enough to chunk so GP finoshes me off or GP lived long enough for 2 cast

I was 6 celestials, 4 infiltrate and stood no chance. I had almost 6 units with 2 items at least as round 1 I was one of 2 people who got 2 complete items from mob drop

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
4 pirates stays winning the last 4 days and I don't see how when they destroyed a tricked our all infiltration comp today

The item drop for 4 pirates is too much. I had too many dam item's and gold

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Fuck this game. I saw 3 MF's before I saw a single jinx. And I was hyper rolling and someone else got 3 stars worth of jinx then I saw 1. Their 3 star jinx burnt through my team with the items I was waiting to give a jinx I had wanted. Double 2 star wu was just putting in work with 4 crono

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck this game. I saw 3 MF's before I saw a single jinx. And I was hyper rolling and someone else got 3 stars worth of jinx then I saw 1. Their 3 star jinx burnt through my team with the items I was waiting to give a jinx I had wanted. Double 2 star wu was just putting in work with 4 crono

Trying to roll the same 4-cost is a recipe for disaster. If someone else is getting it first in large quantities, switch strategies or prepare to lose.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Trying to roll the same 4-cost is a recipe for disaster. If someone else is getting it first in large quantities, switch strategies or prepare to lose.
Hell I would have accepted 1, the 6 Wu's just showed up in the meantime had some other 4 cost on the bench to take em out of the 4 pool and didn't help even when half the people knocked out

I had the lead 90% of the game til it was down to me and 2 other people then I saw them get all the jinxes to jump from 1 two star to get 3 stars

I had 3 blasters, 4 Chrono (2 wu's just for cc), 1 blitz. 2 Runnes on blasters with red buff, and half a disable built. It was almost optimal

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Lol saw 3 people get 4 blasters and it was rock paper scissors on the placement of the 2 ez carries and the 1 jinx of the three

I really want this set to die or Viktor get included

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Tried playing another game and Set 3 is by far my least favourite set yet. If Set 4 isn't gonna be better might be time to check out the other cheeses again

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Tried playing another game and Set 3 is by far my least favourite set yet. If Set 4 isn't gonna be better might be time to check out the other cheeses again

I was enjoying set 3 for the most part but ever since the patch where they changed the appearance rates around the game has taken a nose dive in my opinion.

Also doesn't help that there's really not that much variety right now in terms of team comps. I hated when everyone was just trying to force Mech Infiltrator but right now I'd take that over seeing Rebels every single game.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the changes coming to Set 3 and it looks like a complete overhaul, more than in previous sets.

Played 1 more game and got incredibly lucky considering it was w/o a special galaxy
Screenshot_20200528-093826_TFT.jpg

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Finally won a game on PBE and it was with 6 chronos lol. Riven makes that trait much better was able to assemble 3 blademasters and 2 sorcerer in addition to 6 chrono at lvl 8 as a result

Also Riven's ult only costs 25 mana so seraph's was pretty nuts on her.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
bullshit a Xin with the 2 mr cloak item got damage reductino from Ahri's come back true damage

this match had a eplosion of three stars, 12 three stars between 4 players, one of them had 4 alone

the new set can't come fast enough

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Anyone still playing this game? Just picked it up again after not having played since the first set. It's basically like relearning a brand new game at this point. I can't believe they still haven't added a way to see what the heroes and items are at the carousel.