• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Start of fundraising:

Team AOC is launching relief efforts for Texas starting today. Our first effort is a partnership w/ 5 Texas orgs getting on-the-ground relief to Texans ASAP. If you're able, please donate here - it'll split your contribution to all 5.

💯 goes to them.

Current marker:

Wow. We officially raised $1 million for Texas relief at 9:17pm. Thank you all so much.

I'm at a loss for words. Always in awe of movement work.

💯 of this relief is going straight to Texan food assistance, homelessness relief, elder care, and more.

Link to the donation page:

Support relief efforts in Texas — Donate via AB Charities (actblue.com)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all didn't give a chance for Ted Cruz to do the same in Cancun, he woulda raised a billion
SMH cancel culture

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
"What do you expect ted cruz to do? Go out there and defrost the pipes himself?" - Man-boy who has never given his wife WAP

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
- "Ted Cruz can't do anything!"

- Congresswoman from another fucking region of the country steps up to the plate.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all didn't give a chance for Ted Cruz to do the same in Cancun, he woulda raised a billion
SMH cancel culture
Republicans don't govern, remember that. American Conservativism actually died a long time ago. It's really only the own the libs party and they guy that spearheaded this transformation just died yesterday.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Good for her for following the example of Ted Cruz, who also loves to cross state lines to help those in need. Her stepping up to get help to Texans in need is a lot like Ted stepping up to undermine democracy and incite an insurrection for some losers Arizona and Pennsylvania.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best part about this is that Ted Cruz was trying to smooze with her with the GME thing like... two weeks ago.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Donated to this via email. Awesome to see, hopefully it makes some kind of difference
the efforts being targeted are food banks/kitchens, shelters, homeless relief and elder care, seems like a really great targeting of resources for those displaced and needing help rn

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
secure.actblue.com

Support Relief in Texas

100% of your donation will be split between these organizations on the ground providing immediate relief in Texas.
Here's a direct link, hopefully some of you will also donate.
the efforts being targeted are food banks/kitchens, shelters, homeless relief and elder care, seems like a really great targeting of resources for those displaced and needing help rn
Absolutely

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Best part about this is that Ted Cruz was trying to smooze with her with the GME thing like... two weeks ago.
cruz is such a worm

s0fq3BD.png

shoulda listened to AOC

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, doing what that booger eater in texas doesn't know how to do. And half across the country no less. He must feel emasculated.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks, my brother lives in Texas. I donated and appreciate anyone else doing so.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Just got done with Beto's phonebanking program and donated as much as I could to this.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
That's wild, AOC is one hell of a powerbroker. I feel like she could tweet out "let's get to a million dollars in an hour" and it would happen

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
AOC heading to Texas this weekend

Totally blown away.

$1M raised in direct relief for Texans in less than a day.

As a thank you to everyone who contributed & amplified, I'll be going to Texas this weekend to visit w/
@LaCongresista
in Houston & highlight what's happening on the ground.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
This is amazing.

Appreciate those that are donating. Even if you can't please just spread the links around on social media if you can. I know we shouldn't have to all crowdfund people's medical bills and rent and everything else the gov should be doing for us but we gotta get through this crisis before we rebuild. We can turn Texas blue when this is over.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I really hope this changes the opinion of some people in Texas towards Cruz and Republicans.

We elected Trump after Dubya though.... and vast majority of state legislatures are hard right. :/

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
AOC making a trip to Texas should get even more eyes on the relief efforts being made there, should hopefully drive up donations to those in need

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Edit: I've already donated.

- "Ted Cruz can't do anything!"

Right-Wing Conservatives always make excuses for other Republicans fuck-ups.

- Congresswoman from another fucking region of the country steps up to the plate.

You telling me she did more for that state in two hours than Cruz has done his entire career?

Goddamn.

Right, & she shouldn't even have to do so. Even Beto O'Rourke is helping & he's not even an elected official!

Abbott, Cruz & Cornyn are all useless fucks.

Last edited:

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
'So Ted what have you got for your state after AoC raised over $1 million to help"

Ted: "I got nothing.....stay safe"

Fucking insane that that a bunch of texans hate on AoC and vote for cruz when the woman from the other side of the usa actually wants to help them while cruz wants to help himself to some time on the beach.......I swear cruz is such a piece of shit. How many memes can be made about how awful one guy is, all based on different real life events showing how awful he is, before he isn't electable to the GOP chucklefuck base?

One day, somehow, texas will elect some leadership that cares about them over profits and corporations and it'll be a great day, it's sad it takes so much to convince so many how awful their officials are.