• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Following the defeat of Team Go Rocket in NYC earlier today -

Thread:

The social media has now been taken over by Team Go Rocket with mystery images hinting at something for 7/28

And now they're hosting a countdown :
https://youtu.be/jkTNzBkyMHw

I wonder what's going on
giphy.gif

Edit: They have arrived. Global Invasion confirmed for 7/28 4-5pm in your local time

Last edited:

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
First real story stuff in GO dealing with Giovanni?

I know the special research quests exist, but those feel like side quests.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I got the "R" alert and thought it was some weird glitch.

Turns out it was a cry for help SAVE US SOMEONE SAVE US

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing (in game and out) is a lot of fun- looking forward to where the Giovanni teases are going.

OP
OP
Resetti

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa

Global invasion confirmed for 4-5pm in your local time.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
fuckin called out by team rocket gott damn

GagazetSK

Feb 18, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
It's 4pm here in NZ and I can confirm that all the stops are Rocket stops... Spent all day waiting for either of the 2 stops I live next to to turn into Rocket stops so I could catch one more pokemon to purify for the research. Finally caved and went for a walk 20mins ago. Get home and now this...

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's 4pm here in NZ and I can confirm that all the stops are Rocket stops... Spent all day waiting for either of the 2 stops I live next to to turn into Rocket stops so I could catch one more pokemon to purify for the research. Finally caved and went for a walk 20mins ago. Get home and now this...
Might as well rack up shadow and Purified Pokémon now for the medals

I'm sure they'll put in some rare mons from Gen 5 hidden behind this mechanic when that gets launched. Would be good to have more premiere balls when the time comes.

Oct 26, 2017
I've only seen one of the invaded stops so far the last few days, but it's a neat little thing. They overhauled battles to have better AI and a more involved special move minigame right before this, and when you enter an invaded stop you have to beat the Rocket guy there.

I don't think I can go join this event though, it's stupid hot around here and I'm overheating just by sitting at home.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
really enjoying this takeover, this is perfectly in line with how i remember team rocket's smarmy dumbshittery